Author Topic: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports  (Read 113589 times)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:58 AM »
10. Every unit's morale is Terrible, even before enlisting them. Tested out on 2 games (Good side).

Fixed. Took me a while to find the culprit for this bug. :)

Welcome Back!

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:43:48 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Opacity

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Playing with the warband patch and hotfixes from swyter googledrive.

I had an issue where i got stuck in the conversation menu with barracks guy, after donating some troops to his camp.

After some testing i've found that it only happens if you level up any of your troops while in the troop exchange menu.
I guess you just need to lock the update button, like it is for the recruitment version of the menu.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:32:22 AM by Opacity »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »
Not sure where I've read of this, but it seems like a pretty bad one.
Apparently, when your side is losing the war and the northern or southern theatre is lost and your enemies have the advance camps, it's impossible to burn these camps for good. The guy said he burnt one of them down and it respawned a few moments later.

(it's not a situation most players have been in, but it's definitely possible, so it probably should be happening like that)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2014, 07:25:34 AM »
That's really interesting. I have never lost before, so I've never encountered this.

I wonder what the original design was if your side was losing. Was there a chance to turn the tide? If they keep respawning, then it would be very hard to push back, no?

Would you happen to remember what the design discussion was during the conceptual phase?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »
Playing with the warband patch and hotfixes from swyter googledrive.

I had an issue where i got stuck in the conversation menu with barracks guy, after donating some troops to his camp.

After some testing i've found that it only happens if you level up any of your troops while in the troop exchange menu.
I guess you just need to lock the update button, like it is for the recruitment version of the menu.

Alright, the right thing would be fixing the bug that tries to count troops before/after, but the logic in there is extremely tangled and cryptic.

So, I've made as you said and locked the upgrade button on those occasions. Seems easier, and just works, but is a bit hacky. *fixed*
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »
That's really interesting. I have never lost before, so I've never encountered this.

I wonder what the original design was if your side was losing. Was there a chance to turn the tide? If they keep respawning, then it would be very hard to push back, no?

Would you happen to remember what the design discussion was during the conceptual phase?

As a part of the war system, this was probably done by GA or MV, I don't think we really discussed this particular part. An obvious solution would be to have the AI ignore the advancement camps and go for their real cities, or having the advancement camps permanently destroyable.
(Somehow I like the first one better, as it seems to make more real world sense.)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »
using warband

as i visited thranduils halls, i noticed something odd. miriel took thranduils place on the throne, but she was still standing, while thranduil was sitting in mid air.

EDIT: the warg fix does not work, i used notepad to copy the text from trello and saved it with unicode but the game crashes on startup. i dont have the original file so please help?

Fixed the throne room problem in Thranduil's hall room and hopefully others. I can't fathom why it didn't order them correctly in your save, maybe depends on troop count and Miriel had more than his boss.

Now apart from sorting them with the leaders first it will also work for when there's just lords in the scene, without leader, even if the fix for this is a bit more flimsy.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline ObscuredWanderer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
 (TLD for M&B 1.011)

1. Patrolling around "Woodelf West Camp"

2. "It's rumored that a single troll can esily [...]"

3. King Dain II Ironfoot carries the banner of the Beornings

4. Foggy halls of Erebor

5. In the siege of the main rhun camp, all units are spawning at the same location or randomly across the scenario.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2014, 01:52:32 PM »
(TLD for M&B 1.011)

1. Patrolling around "Woodelf West Camp"

I have no idea of how to fix this. Probably MadVader or GetAssista may even know where to start.

2. "It's rumored that a single troll can esily [...]"

A letter, pfff, just fixed it.

3. King Dain II Ironfoot carries the banner of the Beornings

Weird. The banner assignments are specified statically inside an array. Maybe a mishap?

4. Foggy halls of Erebor

This also happens in SWC sometimes.

5. In the siege of the main rhun camp, all units are spawning at the same location or randomly across the scenario.

I fixed it in march, it's all in Trello with pretty pictures. I don't know if the scene replacement has been uploaded yet, though.

Offline Ronin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »
Hello, Warband version user here

A message popped up when I joined a battle. It says "Incorrect mesh prefix for meta mesh copy:0 (ref:1). It didn't really effect anything as I had continued playing the game. Though it can constantly pop up repeatedly sometimes, and afterwords I either crash or get blackscreen. Have I skipped a step in the installation?

There is also a very strange visual bug. My camera freezes when I "look" into a specific object in a specific scene.

For example, everything is alright when I look here:
http://i.imgur.com/xBIbj5X.jpg

But then it gets stuck if I look up at those 2 directions:
http://i.imgur.com/eVHaVid.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Lsrew4D.jpg

Yes, this only happens in minas morgul and my location also matters. It's not about my camera angle, it's about a visual object. I also experienced the same thing in cair andros, both during a siege and taking a walk in the city streets.

And, might bladnir's tld rebalanced be anything to do with it? I just liked it and installed it.

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Try the new Warband patch here: https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/tld-downloads/downloads/TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly_patch_2014.08.07-19.30_r2025.7z

Let us know if that fixes your issue. Probably not, cause that's the first time I have heard of this bug, but still worth trying.

Offline Ronin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »
Ok, the first issue seems to be based on bladnir's tld rebalanced (or maybe this patch solved it I don't know, but bladnir's submod definitely causes it). The freezing camera issue still stays though, after I tried the patch. What is different in this patch?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:38:23 PM by Ronin »

Offline Seth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »
TLD v3.3
M&B v1.011 enhanced + patch >2Go
I think I found a way to recover corrupted saved games (when you are blocked by some rivers).

Here is the trick (tested in M&B v1.011 enhanced + patch >2Go):

1 - Create a new game
2 - Save it (name it "myNewGame" for example)
3 - Quit game
4 - Launch Mount & Blade
5 - Restore "myNewGame"
6 - Quit without saving
7 - Restore CorruptedGame
8 - Save it in an Empty Slot
 - Optional -
 - You can now delete the corrupted game and "myNewGame" to avoid confusion and free their slots
9 - Quit game

your saved game is now uncorrupted

I was not sure where to post this, since it's not a bug but a trick to work around a bug...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:45:05 PM by Seth »
Playing TLD v3.3 on Win7 x64 12Go
 - M&B v1.011 enhanced + patch >2Go
   ¤ All buffer_size set to 580000 in "game_variables.txt"
 - Warband v1.158
   ¤ buffer_size = 512 in "rgl_config.txt"
   ¤ All new_buffer_size x10 in "game_variables.txt"

Offline Seth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
TLD v3.3

I play an elf for some time now, and I found a bug with the Mirkwood Swordsman Shield, having stats similar to a Spearman shield. Moreover when you are wearing this shield on your back, it seems to be placed too much higer than other similar shields.

Here are the stats of Lorien & Mirkwood shields, the Mirkwood Swordsman Shield's stats are obviously a bug, but i don't known what to think about the others.

NameStructureWeightResistanceSizeSpeedSpecial
Lorien Round Shield
-
Mirkwood Swordsman Shield
-
Lorien Kite Shield
-
Mirkwood War Shield
-
Lorien Tower Shield
unmount
Mirkwood Spearman Shield
unmount

I retrieve these stats the old way, by seing them in play and capture screen...  :P

See what i was trying to explain about the Mirkwood Swordman Shield's position:
Lorien Round Shield - Back
Lorien Round Shield - Front
Mirkwood Swordsman Shield - Back
Mirkwood Swordsman Shield - Front

TLD v3.3
Warband v1.158
Same problem with Warband:
NameStructureWeightResistanceSizeSpeedSpecial
Lorien Round Shield
-
Mirkwood Swordsman Shield
-
Lorien Kite Shield
-
Mirkwood War Shield
-
Lorien Tower Shield
unmount
Mirkwood Spearman Shield
unmount
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:02:17 AM by Seth »
 - Warband v1.158

Offline Seth

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »
TLD v3.3

Sometimes a soldier go crazy and rush towards the ennemy, never listening to your orders (Fall back, stay with me, go there, etc...)

A short video about this (3.2Mo): Kamikaze Mirkwood Archer
 - Warband v1.158