Author Topic: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports  (Read 145485 times)

Offline AprilHalliwell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 01:44:18 PM »
Hi there - long time fan, first time I found something that someone else hadn't reported...

I downloaded TLD 3.3 and the Warband conversion stuff from ModDB on 18/04/2014, played through for a bit, and despite a couple of bugs (the warg crash problem and the Dunlander camp moving into the mountains) I was having fun. Then I read the forum a bit and went over to Trello last night to download the fixes for those bugs plus the couched lances fix. I put those in, started a new game, and... now, at infrequent intervals I'm getting dialogs popping up saying stuff like "Wai no plate armour in mod???", or a caravan from the Rivendell camp called "Was zupdog?".

I've never modded anything before but I had a quick poke around the text files and found a load of stuff in quick_strings.txt that looks wrong, along the lines of:

qstr_Wai_no_female_trolls Wai_no_female_trolls?_Eh?_Eh?_You_ma_biatch!
qstr_You_just_got_windyfl You_just_got_windyflorated!

And so on.

I could try just deleting this but I expect that would just introduce a load of errors as scripts reached for strings that didn't exist any more, or were in the wrong place. And the fact this only started after I updated triggers.txt to fix the Dunlander camp suggests that's probably where I need to look (either there, item_kinds1.txt or wargs.brf as those were the only files I updated, and triggers sounds like the best place to look)... but I'm just poking about with a text editor which doesn't exactly work with that file.

Anyway, is there a clean download anywhere I can start from, with the wargs and Dunlander fixes, or can you point me to some modding tool I could use so I could rip all this stuff out myself? It's spoiling my enjoyment of what is, otherwise, a truly excellent mod that far outshines the original game...

{Edit}

OK, so I found a supply train with a wrong name and made a screenshot... this happens to all supply trains/caravans.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ajt9nm/8

Oh, and thanks to Merlkir for sorting my login so promptly!

I've been trying to get the dialog to reappear...

{Edit again}

Presto! I got this by starting a new game, cheating to get free experience to level 18 or so, and then moved about on the map and after a couple of seconds this popped up.

http://tinypic.com/r/1247bwo/8
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:56:18 PM by AprilHalliwell »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 01:40:14 AM »
As I said in the note on DA - the Dunlander camp fix also shifts some of the strings, so some of the troll dialog (which is a joke, kind of an easter egg when you visit the troll cave) gets pushed into other places where it doesn't belong.

Swyter could probably tell you if there's something to do by editing the file, but ATM there is no clean patched version to download. There will be, hopefully soon, once Swyter cracks the formations issues.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Lucanonn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2014, 03:27:01 AM »
using warband

as i visited thranduils halls, i noticed something odd. miriel took thranduils place on the throne, but she was still standing, while thranduil was sitting in mid air.

EDIT: the warg fix does not work, i used notepad to copy the text from trello and saved it with unicode but the game crashes on startup. i dont have the original file so please help?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:46:05 AM by Lucanonn »

Offline AprilHalliwell

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
Can you not just save the .brf file from trello, and overwrite the previous version in Modules\TLD\Resource, rather than copying the text in notepad? That's what I did to make it work.

As for my own issue - thanks to the info above, I reverted my triggers.txt file to the one from the latest Warband compatibility release. Loading my previous save, the Dunlander camp is still across the river rather than in the mountains, and with a bit of luck, future caravans should be correctly titled and popups show the right strings and so on. So: hooray!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2014, 12:14:46 AM »
@April: hmm, I vaguely recall someone tried that before and it's supposed to work. Yay! \o/;)

@Lucanonn: yes, as April says, you have to download the .brf file, not copy the text.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:57 AM »
As for my own issue - thanks to the info above, I reverted my triggers.txt file to the one from the latest Warband compatibility release. Loading my previous save, the Dunlander camp is still across the river rather than in the mountains, and with a bit of luck, future caravans should be correctly titled and popups show the right strings and so on. So: hooray!

Just make sure you apply the text changes on the scripts.txt to avoid save corruption:

Code: [Select]
[!] First off, we need to patch the TLD 3.3 WB scripts.txt file, open a text editor and find the following lines, replacing the 85 for an 86 as shown below,
    This tells the game that this script has an additional opcode serialized into the same line, this opcode fixes the save corruption bug:

refresh_volunteers_in_town -1
 85 ...

refresh_volunteers_in_town -1
 86 ...

[!] Then, in the same line, we need to add the extra opcode in the right place, every underlined chunk is an independent opcode.

Find: 30 2 1224979098644774915 0 4 0 32 2 1224979098644774913 0 2147483780 1 1224979098644774913
Replace by: 30 2 1224979098644774915 0 4 0 32 2 1224979098644774913 0 2147483780 1 1224979098644774913 1232 1 1224979098644774913
            -------------------------- --- -------------------------- -------------------------------- --------------------------
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:17:20 AM by Khamukkamu »

Offline oXDE4THROWXo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2014, 06:25:24 PM »
Hello, Im pretty far into TLD and my save continues to crash randomly and ALWAYS when i start to travel or just wait and like something new and the log comes up (e.g "Rhun is Average" or like somebody was defeated in battle" I have installed the iron launcher for warband and im pretty sure i have did everything like mess with the settings and even tried direct 7. TLD is the only mod this happens for. I have tested it with A Clash of Kings and its fine. Thanks for the help!

~Chris :) :)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
That must be the save corruption issue. Follow the steps Swyter listed to fix it (see my comment above yours)

Offline oXDE4THROWXo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »
That must be the save corruption issue. Follow the steps Swyter listed to fix it (see my comment above yours)

If i do this can i still play on that same save or is it corrupted to the point where i have to make a new save and also me and my dad tried it together to fix it and it was a no go. it didn't work. Is there a way i can get a a file or something of that? like somebody else that works?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:00:15 PM by oXDE4THROWXo »

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »
You have to start a new game once you've applied the fix. You cannot fix a corrupted save.

You can download the modified scripts.txt from here (and all other fixes): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3KmMUNAyIh4U2N6VkNRcVdXbXc&usp=drive_web

There will be text issues (you'll know when you see it), ignore them for now. The official patch is currently being worked on and will be out when it is ready.

Offline Aljo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but still- siege of main rhun camp is a total clusterfck.
Def and attack spawn in same spot, so the game goes from 75 fps to 75 fph.

and I think all them rhun horses in normal battles drop my fps like a biatch as well, another observation.

regards

Has been reported and fixed I think.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:58:38 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Aljo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2014, 07:22:51 AM »
also, is there a way to increase spawning of mordor orc war parties?
got a quest, got 4 out of 5, now I have literally roamed around mordor settlements and such for 15 days without founding one.
I have increased parties to 700, hopefully nothing will crash

Offline sharkbait459

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »
I've noticed a couple of things playing TLD on Warband.

Whenever I hit backspace, all my cavalry get an order to hold position wherever I was when I hit backspace. I'm playing Rohan, and that is quite a problem. It doesn't happen for my infantry or archers, just cavalry.

On one of my saves, the game crashes whenever I enter a battle. I was able to revert back to an earlier save, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, per se, but it does seem odd. I accepted a tribal orc killing quest from Aldburg, and the range of the orcs is a bit absurd. After in-game days of searching, I found the last group of them near Henneth Annun. That's quite a ways, and the only way I was able to find them is by using the "see everything" cheat.

Thanks for making this great mod. I've been playing it for over 2 years and I really appreciate all the hard work all of you have put into it.

Along the same lines, it is kind of frustrating to keep getting quests that take me really far away from my home area. If I'm in Hornburg or Westfold, I don't really feel like hiking all the way over to Dol Amroth or Pinnath Gelin to deliver a letter. It seems to me that I get more quests in Gondor than I do in Rohan.

Offline Auvar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, per se, but it does seem odd. I accepted a tribal orc killing quest from Aldburg, and the range of the orcs is a bit absurd. After in-game days of searching, I found the last group of them near Henneth Annun. That's quite a ways, and the only way I was able to find them is by using the "see everything" cheat.

I don't think this quest has been changed much from vanilla, and as in the vanilla quest you don't actually have to kill the "blue" parties.  Any tribal orcs should do.  If you can't find the last of the tribal orcs that spawned for the quest, go somewhere where there's a lot of tribal orcs (central Gondor always has scads of them, but they turn up everywhere from the Corsair Camp to Gundabad) and kill some of those.

As for the long-distance quests, this appears to be because the game calculates direct distance - it doesn't take the mountains into account when giving you quests.  From its perspective, moving a caravan from Hornburg to Erech is a perfectly short and reasonable task.  All you can do is refuse those quests when you get them or enable cheat mode (which, to be honest, is outright mandatory for some quests - killing trolls, following spy to meeting, etc.).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:29:57 PM by Auvar »

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2014, 12:41:19 AM »
10. Every unit's morale is Terrible, even before enlisting them. Tested out on 2 games (Good side).

Fixed. Took me a while to find the culprit for this bug. :)