Author Topic: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports  (Read 105755 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »
GuestGuest 6hours 17mins ago says:  New Comment
Hi, I wanted to post this on the forum however registration seems to be blocked so this seemed like the best place possible.
I would be happy if you could tell me if this is a bug or I am missing something and if anyone else has a similar issue. In warband (1.158, tried steam and non-steam versions) TLD module I cannot seem to couch the lance (lance doesn't come down, held in a semi vertical position) despite I can do this in native module warband and TLD 3.3 in M&B 1.011. I did the following in order to find the source of this:
-I tried the fastest horses and high riding skill in order to reach very high speeds, I also tried in plain areas without slopes. I was able to couch with a lot slower speeds in native warband and TLD 3.3 in M&B 1.011.
- I tried every kind of lance in the game with all three lance control options (automatic, manual easy and hard). The same lances I tried can be couched in 1.011, I tried with thrust only damage type lance and thrust+swing damage type lances in order to see if the game treats them as spears-pikes instead of lances. One point here is that I cannot get the dot in right-bottom which indicates I can couch the lance.
-I tried with characters/lances from different factions.
I would be really happy if you could help, I can give further information if needed. It is a great mod and it would be nice to play it on warband without this problem. Thank you in advance.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 01:19:23 AM »
An interesting glitch - a black portion of the map around 9th minute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kMGofhFPI

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »
An interesting glitch - a black portion of the map around 9th minute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3kMGofhFPI
Yeah, I've also had that on an ATI Radeon, seems like the game skips a good chunk of the vertex buffer from rendering. I don't know why, of course. Agh.

Maybe is a form of occlusion culling and it thinks that vertex positions follow a specific pattern which can be safely skipped, or maybe the map has too many polys, I don't know.

I know as much as you.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 05:08:07 AM »
Not ever owning an ATI card, I've never experienced anything of the sort.

Could be related?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=229429.0

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »
GuestGuest 6hours 17mins ago says:  New Comment
Hi, I wanted to post this on the forum however registration seems to be blocked so this seemed like the best place possible.
I would be happy if you could tell me if this is a bug or I am missing something and if anyone else has a similar issue. In warband (1.158, tried steam and non-steam versions) TLD module I cannot seem to couch the lance (lance doesn't come down, held in a semi vertical position) despite I can do this in native module warband and TLD 3.3 in M&B 1.011. I did the following in order to find the source of this:
-I tried the fastest horses and high riding skill in order to reach very high speeds, I also tried in plain areas without slopes. I was able to couch with a lot slower speeds in native warband and TLD 3.3 in M&B 1.011.
- I tried every kind of lance in the game with all three lance control options (automatic, manual easy and hard). The same lances I tried can be couched in 1.011, I tried with thrust only damage type lance and thrust+swing damage type lances in order to see if the game treats them as spears-pikes instead of lances. One point here is that I cannot get the dot in right-bottom which indicates I can couch the lance.
-I tried with characters/lances from different factions.
I would be really happy if you could help, I can give further information if needed. It is a great mod and it would be nice to play it on warband without this problem. Thank you in advance.

Fixed, go there for details on what items are now couchable, there's an updated item_kinds1.txt for early birds:
https://trello.com/c/59SrpIyb/44-make-spears-couchable

Not ever owning an ATI card, I've never experienced anything of the sort.

Could be related?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=229429.0

I don't know, probably not.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
I just noticed that the formations bug isn't yet on the trello board  :P

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
I just noticed that the formations bug isn't yet on the trello board  :P

Not really a bug, they are just two formation systems overlapping, once I find out how to disable either of them this will work fine.

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
Oh alright.

Hmm, after applying all the fixes from the trello board (without starting a new game), the supply trains for all factions except mordor (I think), were renamed to "What's zupdog". That's really weird. I think that bug started appearing after I accepted a quest from faramir to eliminate 5 mordor supply parties.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
Oh alright.

Hmm, after applying all the fixes from the trello board (without starting a new game), the supply trains for all factions except mordor (I think), were renamed to "What's zupdog". That's really weird. I think that bug started appearing after I accepted a quest from faramir to eliminate 5 mordor supply parties.

Probably because of the quick string indexing, maybe from the triggers file. Yeah, some files depend on other ones.

Anyway, the updated compatibility patch should be out soon, so don't get too attached to the temp proofs of concept. They are mainly to confirm that the bug has been fixed.

Side effects may vary.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:51:34 PM by Swyter »

Offline belkak021

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I tried everything... still crashes
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:58 PM »
Hello, the thing is i tried almost everything, i lowered everything and instead of crashing when the battle begins it crash in the middle of it.
I tried the ultimate optimization and it didn´t work. It keep crashing in a large battle, doesn´t matter how many troops are there.
Well i really want to play this mod but it´s imposible.
I have 8 ram
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:41:38 PM by belkak021 »

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
I think the bug about gandalf being a bald guy in cutscenes hasn't been added to the trello board yet  :)

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I tried everything... still crashes
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »
What is your battle size?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 01:05:17 PM »
I think the bug about gandalf being a bald guy in cutscenes hasn't been added to the trello board yet  :)

Then this will please you in great measure, my lord:
https://trello.com/c/RYrNElcJ/47-gandalf-is-a-bald-guy-in-cutscenes

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
You're the best  Swyter :D

Offline belkak021

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: I tried everything... still crashes
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »
if i have 50 or above it crashed when the battle begins, if i have less than 50 it crashes in the middle of the battle