login

Author Topic: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports  (Read 123112 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »
Put your bug reports for 3.3 here.
Check if your reported bug is not in the Trello list already!

https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-last-days-of-the-third-age-warband-port
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 - Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
Bugs found while using the Warband Port:

1. Most likely not a bug, but the way Warband handles character creation: When customizing a new character, Orcs and Dwarves are hard to customize cause they are positioned below the frame.
-Workaround: Press +/- on numpad to zoom out and see character's face (Thanks Swyter).

2. Training in the Barracks will spawn your player without any weapons. (Tested in Erebor, Dale, Khand Camp. Will add more after I post this message)

3. Encountered a script error during a battle with Tribal Orcs. Appeared when the orcs started to flee.

Code: [Select]
Script Warning: Division by Zero; Line no: 9
At Script: Rout_Check

4. The game will use the currency of the region the player is currently in when trying to upgrade troops. For example, I had Erebor troops and 800 resource points. But when I wanted to upgrade them while walking near the Mirkwood Elves region, it used up my Mirkwood Resource points. This issue does not occur for weekly troop upkeep.

5. Gandalf is bald during the cutscene, but not bald when talking to him. Screenshot available

6. Death cam not working? (or do I need some points in Tactics for this to work?)

7. Banners on friendly troop not showing even when ticked on within the options menu

8. Script error occurred immediately after a Scout 3 outpost quest got cancelled. Screenshot available.

Code: [Select]
Script Warning:  Division by Zero; Line no: 33
At Script: Calculate_Troop_AI

10. Every unit's morale is Terrible, even before enlisting them. Tested out on 2 games (Good side).

11. Crash occurs when encountering Warg Rider of Isengard. Screenshot available.

12. Issues with Battle Formations: Formations break when pressing F2; Troops do not follow rally point when in formation; Troops follow player when in formation.

----Will add more bugs as they come along-----

Screenshots can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3KmMUNAyIh4Z0tHZWZIRWtEWWc&usp=sharing

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:47:55 PM by Khamukkamu »

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »
Most likely not a bug, but the way Warband handles character creation: When customizing a new character, Orcs and Dwarves are hard to customize cause they are positioned below the frame.

That's all hardcoded in Warband, I can't change it. Try using the + / - keys or moving the cursor while keeping pressed the right mouse button to adjust zoom. You'll see the face.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »
That's all hardcoded in Warband, I can't change it. Try using the + / - keys or moving the cursor while keeping pressed the right mouse button to adjust zoom. You'll see the face.

Works well, thanks for the reply. Ill modify the original bug report and write this workaround.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »
----Will add more bugs as they come along-----

PS: would you rather us write new replies when posting bugs or just modify our first list (like what Im trying to do here)?

You are doing it great, don't worry. Added all the feedback to my Trello board.
Anyone can comment on the existing cards and add further info or screenies.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline thecalaquendi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »
My game crashes when I enter a battle against Gundabad.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »

Yeah, it's the main problem right now because I still haven't managed to track down the reason behind all those crashes with Gundabad/wargs/....

More details of what happened just before the crash are useful. Take a look to Trello, it's on To Do.

Offline thecalaquendi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »

Yeah, it's the main problem right now because I still haven't managed to track down the reason behind all those crashes with Gundabad/wargs/....

More details of what happened just before the crash are useful. Take a look to Trello, it's on To Do.

Ok so I did some testing.  It only crashes when there are "Goblin North Clan Riders" present.  The other "warg" troops don't cause crashes in my experience.

Also, the wargs disappear after their riders are killed.  You probably already know this though.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »

Ok so I did some testing.  It only crashes when there are "Goblin North Clan Riders" present.  The other "warg" troops don't cause crashes in my experience.

Also, the wargs disappear after their riders are killed.  You probably already know this though.

Thanks. Yeah, that one is "Independent wargs with ghost riders don't spawn on death of orc rider" in Trello. It's more about re-coding it so that it works in Warband than a real bug tho.

Try to avoid battles with Gundabad for the time being, use the auto-resolve, if possible.
It's great having all these reports, keep it up, you are all doing great!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:57:11 PM by Swyter »

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
A few bugs:
- The river that runs through Mirkwood (past Thranduil's Hall) can be travelled like a road (faster travel speed, you can walk the length of it).

- The sun during early morning seems to be REALLY yellow, at least at Beorn's House:

- Smiths sell tools and the Beorning smiths sell Rhun swords:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:59:38 PM by Kwal »

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »
The river that runs through Mirkwood (past Thranduil's Hall) can be travelled like a road.

I suppose that is part of the mechanics. When I made the flowmaps thing I made a false colored render of the map with passable "ford" zones in red. Take a look.

http://i.imgur.com/EFUYYwm.png

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »
Oh I see. Well it makes sense that you travel faster and safer along the river banks.

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
There is something wrong with Battle Formations. Here are the symptoms:

1. Pressing F2 immediately breaks the formation. That means asking troops to advance 10 paces will break the formation.
2. When in formation, troops do not follow F1 rally point. Looking at the backspace command, you will notice the rally flag will not have moved. If you break formation, then they follow F1 hold olders.
3. Troops will be set to "Follow me" after asking them to form up.

I have tested this on M&B Vanilla and there is no problem with formations. Seems to only occur on Warband.

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
- Smiths sell tools and the Beorning smiths sell Rhun swords:

Not just the beorning smiths. Lots of smiths from other factions sell 'foreign' weapons too.

EDIT: Just noticed that the scroll bars are missing too.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:15:33 AM by SRACon17 »

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
Yeah, I notice now. Every good smith seems to sell tools, Rhun swords, Dwarven throwing axes and some Dale stuff.

While playing for Gondor I noticed some missing stairs textures in towns. So far in Erech and Calembel, with a picture of the missing stairs in Calembel: