Author Topic: TLD 3.3 Suggestions  (Read 40607 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
TLD 3.3 Suggestions
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:53:57 AM »
Put your suggestions for 3.3/Warband version here.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline thecalaquendi

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »
Rank and influence points should (IMO) be doubled, or even tripled.  After defeating Moria, Isengard, Dunland and Gundaband I'm still only at rank level 5 with Imladris (Langocolindo Swordbearer of Imladris).

How might I changed the values myself?

Thanks!

Update:

For those wondering the same thing, I found the answer.  Check out the following post:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2479.msg66584.html#msg66584

Please, don't base these suggestions on playing a single faction. Elves especially are like that on purpose, it's one of the drawbacks outweighing their massively powerful soldiers. Other players have no problems rising in ranks of other factions, often reporting they're well over rank 10. Specific playstyle is also a factor.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:53:37 AM by Merlkir »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:19:26 AM »
Rank and influence points should (IMO) be doubled, or even tripled.  After defeating Moria, Isengard, Dunland and Gundaband I'm still only at rank level 5 with Imladris (Langocolindo Swordbearer of Imladris).

How might I changed the values myself?

Thanks!

Update:

For those wondering the same thing, I found the answer.  Check out the following post:

http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2479.msg66584.html#msg66584

Please, don't base these suggestions on playing a single faction. Elves especially are like that on purpose, it's one of the drawbacks outweighing their massively powerful soldiers. Other players have no problems rising in ranks of other factions, often reporting they're well over rank 10. Specific playstyle is also a factor.

Go as infantry.  Its totally worth it.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »
Rank and influence points should (IMO) be doubled, or even tripled.
Maybe it should be added in the Actions Menu as a gameplay option, so everyone will be able to tune it like he wants.
I should say, that with current rate of rank/influenece points, ability to give an order to allied commander is almost useless due to total lack of influence points.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:01:26 AM by Sirg »

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
That really changes later in the game, at least with your own faction, especially if you have perks that give influence.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
Maybe it should be added in the Actions Menu as a gameplay option, so everyone will be able to tune it like he wants.
I should say, that with current rate of rank/influenece points, ability to give an order to allied commander is almost useless due to total lack of influence points.

There is a tweak for M&B for the influence points.  I would support, however, the option to do it in the camp menu.  Of course my support counts for nothing as someone would have to code that and I'm not sure what type of time that would take.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh

Offline Beorn424

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

There is a tweak for M&B for the influence points.  I would support, however, the option to do it in the camp menu.  Of course my support counts for nothing as someone would have to code that and I'm not sure what type of time that would take.

FS

It would be a nice feature to be able to change the multiplier in game. In M&B I always used the tweak, 2 times the normal rate was what I found to be the best. It sped things up but didn't make things super easy, like 3 times the influence does.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
Hi, fantastic to see TLD alive again!

Playing the Warband port now, and since you already caught the bug regardning inventories (with Rhun swords, Rohan lances and Orc bows plus  Tools appearing in good smithys) might I again suggest that when that is fixed, we return to having only overall Gondor gear at Minas Tirith and some of the minor fiefs (those without a flag of their own) and a mix Gondor gear and fief-specific gear in the major fiefs? It really adds to immersion when you have to travel to Pelargir to get a Pelargir sword or to Dol Amroth for the panoply of a Swan Knight.  Also, with everything mixed, it can be hard to get the generic Gondor gear - too much Pinnath Gelin or Lossarnach stuff cluttering the Minas Tirith inventory.

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:26:04 AM »
Hi, fantastic to see TLD alive again!

Playing the Warband port now, and since you already caught the bug regardning inventories (with Rhun swords, Rohan lances and Orc bows plus  Tools appearing in good smithys) might I again suggest that when that is fixed, we return to having only overall Gondor gear at Minas Tirith and some of the minor fiefs (those without a flag of their own) and a mix Gondor gear and fief-specific gear in the major fiefs? It really adds to immersion when you have to travel to Pelargir to get a Pelargir sword or to Dol Amroth for the panoply of a Swan Knight.  Also, with everything mixed, it can be hard to get the generic Gondor gear - too much Pinnath Gelin or Lossarnach stuff cluttering the Minas Tirith inventory.

I saw it when I fixed it and at first it looked like a bug. Then I took a look to the item distribution and saw that it was intended. I agree with you, nonetheless.

But I'm just porting it at the moment, I'm not aiming to do fancy stuff like that.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »
Hey guys

So I beat the game, playing for gondor ( the good factions). It was a really fun run but honestly destroying the forts and cities of mordor and rhun was sort of underwhelming. Like, the sieges of the camps make sense, you just clash instantly with them and generally Gondor will wipe the floor with the orcs, but at the siege of the black gate (morannon) or at minas morgul, shouldn't the orcs be defending the fort? Why isn't it like a normal siege, with ladders and siege engines etc?

I just think it'd be more realistic if, when sieging a fortress like minas morgul, it became more like a typical siege where you'd have to mount ladders, get shot at by orc archers etc. It felt far too easy when it was just a clash/charge of infantry.

Thank you.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:33 AM »
Hey guys

So I beat the game, playing for gondor ( the good factions). It was a really fun run but honestly destroying the forts and cities of mordor and rhun was sort of underwhelming. Like, the sieges of the camps make sense, you just clash instantly with them and generally Gondor will wipe the floor with the orcs, but at the siege of the black gate (morannon) or at minas morgul, shouldn't the orcs be defending the fort? Why isn't it like a normal siege, with ladders and siege engines etc?

I just think it'd be more realistic if, when sieging a fortress like minas morgul, it became more like a typical siege where you'd have to mount ladders, get shot at by orc archers etc. It felt far too easy when it was just a clash/charge of infantry.

Thank you.

There were some mods that tried to make it to where a siege was based on several steps.  First, you would take the outer walls, then you would go into the first walls and around town (with less companions) and finally you would take the keep with an even smaller force.  That progression of steps was really neat and applied to TLD would make total sense.  This is because the scenes in TLD are amazing and should be in view of the player at all times.  Of course creating these steps, from what I've understood, is not an overnight job.

FS

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
Dear devs,

have you nerfed elf archery or improved orc archery?

Because now better tiers of orc archers are able to keep even with elves. Which I don`t like all that much...

Rgds, Oldtimer

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
I don't think we did either.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
Hey guys

Thank you.

There were some mods that tried to make it to where a siege was based on several steps.  First, you would take the outer walls, then you would go into the first walls and around town (with less companions) and finally you would take the keep with an even smaller force.  That progression of steps was really neat and applied to TLD would make total sense.  This is because the scenes in TLD are amazing and should be in view of the player at all times.  Of course creating these steps, from what I've understood, is not an overnight job.

FS

That'd be amazing, do you know if it's being worked on at all? No rush of course, I'm just curious as to whether I might see it in future updates ( minor as they are).

Offline Revenant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
I am not sure if there is some use for "Persuasion" skill, as nobody answered my question two years ago :)   But I suggest that skill can modify amount of influence player uses to give command to allied commanders. That can be good use for it.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 01:01:36 AM »
I am not sure if there is some use for "Persuasion" skill, as nobody answered my question two years ago :)   But I suggest that skill can modify amount of influence player uses to give command to allied commanders. That can be good use for it.
Seconded, very good idea. In fact, it should modify all expenditure of influence. This would actually make it a somewhat important skill.