Author Topic: Büg Reports  (Read 25363 times)

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
Re: Schattenländer - Into the Darklands
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 11:02:42 AM »
Crap!

A quick question for you guys - when you check the character sheets in your versions of Schattenlander as set up by the installer, do you see the normal M&B skill names and descriptions, or the Schattenlander ones like Persuasion and so forth?

It was pointed out to me that the installer may not actually be including the /language folder where that, and a number of other changes from Native, are made (and have been present since before the 0.1 release).  So, if I'm right, you guys have all been praising an incomplete version, right from the word Go.  Gotta fix that!  A new installer, patch files, or both, will be made available today.

jeansberg

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 11:54:54 AM »
I loaded up a savegame just now and pressed 'c' on the world map. The skill names are just as in native.

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »
Yeah - I checked a fresh install of 0.1c into a new directory, the language folder's not being included.

I have edited the installer to include these files.  Version 0.1c2 is now available on the Repository.  This is identical to 0.1c except for the inclusion of the language folder.  Also available on the repository is a mini-installer which patches a 0.1c installation to include these missing files.

All further releases of Schattenlander will correctly catch this and will include the language files.  You guys have been missing out!  But no longer.  Sorry about that; it didn't occur to me that we weren't catching those in the installer script.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:11:05 PM by Hellequin »

Offline Ursca

• Deus Vult Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »
Brilliant. I thought there was something missing.  :P

And talking of graphical contributions, have you seen the art compilation thread? I've got a sallet helm pack up there which you might find useful; Link

Mose

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 06:27:47 AM »
Reader's note - bug reports from 0.1c2 release begin here

if you raise your int in cahracter creation process you get extra skill points and you can max out some skills right in the start. I don't know if its possible to fix this but if there is please fix it for the next version :D.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:56:08 PM by Hellequin »

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

jeansberg

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 09:16:10 AM »
Reader's note - bug reports from 0.1d release begin here

The studded leather coat seems to be untextured (it shows up all white and shiny).

I paid a visit to a weaponsmith and noticed that the heraldric armor, mail shirt and lamellar cuirass seem to have the same problem. Funnily enough you can still see the red undershirt on the cuirass...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:57:19 PM by Hellequin »

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »
Sounds like a dds name collision.

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
KON_Air... if I understand your suggestion properly, then the game includes such a feature as well, but it hasn't been implemented yet... there exist various relics such as Saint Longinius' Spear, some of which are weapons, which are intrinsically better than the ordinary ones and which also aid in calling upon their namesake if you so much as possess them.  With the system now in place, it'll be easy to give them an unusually good blessed version if we want to, but it would save me no time to take back the system already built and put something much more limited in place, would it? ;)

Jeansberg... maybe you should try a reinstall.  A completely clean install of M&B with a fresh install of Schattenlander doesn't have that problem on my machine.  Are you running 0.808?  If it recurs after a fresh install, please jot down your graphics settings and we'll see what we can do.

Incidentally, in case it wasn't clear, 0.1d is NOT savegame-compatible with any prior version of Schattenlander.

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 12:51:21 AM »
Jeansberg - sound pack is giving me poor sound quality in-game. My soundcard isn't the best, though; can you check the ingame quality of .ogg-as-music on your system before we distribute too much further?  I'm also having trouble getting it to work as an installer, upward to the Native music folder; if you would please just include a text file with installation instructions (put the oggs in M&B/Music, put the music.txt in /Modules/Schattenlander) and then update your Repository link, that'll have to do.  Not like it's a difficult installation.  This latter assuming, of course, that it's just my system which is having trouble with the ogg format, which is not actually unlikely.

Schattenlander team - Trust me on this.  Go NOW to the project repository. Download the current build.  Build it and make a new character.  Visit the scenic grove and then reemerge; equip the item you'll have gained, it goes in your "horse" slot.  Get into a fight.  Recommend the use of ` (the "examine outfit" key).  Our players are going to shit themselves, pardon my French.

Everybody else - sorry, you'll just have to wait for the 0.2 release to see what I'm talking about. Unless of course you want to volunteer. ;)

- Hellequin

jeansberg

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »
Jeansberg - sound pack is giving me poor sound quality in-game. My soundcard isn't the best, though; can you check the ingame quality of .ogg-as-music on your system before we distribute too much further?  I'm also having trouble getting it to work as an installer, upward to the Native music folder; if you would please just include a text file with installation instructions (put the oggs in M&B/Music, put the music.txt in /Modules/Schattenlander) and then update your Repository link, that'll have to do.  Not like it's a difficult installation.  This latter assuming, of course, that it's just my system which is having trouble with the ogg format, which is not actually unlikely.
That's weird that you're getting poor sound quality. I'm listening to the music in-game right now (I hadn't done that before with the .ogg files) and everything is fine here. Have you tried listening to the songs in a media player, or does this only happen in-game? I will upload this version to mbrepository along with instructions.

I would want to try out the new build as well, but I don't really know how. What files do I need? Should I just download the module system files and compile, or do I need other assets?

Merentha

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
Well, since this lacks a bug reports thread (amusingly, this was almost the last post before we got a subforum - Ed.), I'll just say that I tried to buy items from the weapon shop in Leipzig, then got a mesh error for a landschneckt item, followed by an RGL error that shut down the game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 12:58:09 PM by Hellequin »

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
Re: Büg Reports
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »
Thanks, Merentha.  I'll look into that and see if I can replicate it.  There are only two meshes with 'landsknecht' in them in 0.1d, so it should be easy to isolate.

ManOfHonor

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »
I had the exact same problem as Merentha, except it happened in Worms.

When i actually got into the trade screen (second attempt, I was surprised that I was able to get in) the "Well-used polehammer" had no image associated with it (just a blank spot that acted like a weapon)

Hope this helps!

(Also, I had a problem with a weapon vanishing, I had filled my inventory with loot except for one slot, at the end, when the game calculates what gets what done to it, two of my weapons, a bow and a sword, were reduced in quality, both disappeared, and only the sword reappeared, in the one open slot in my inventory.. The bow hasn't shown up yet.. Bought a new one.. Actually, when i was going to the weapon shop in worms to buy a new one is when I discovered the above problem XD)

Offline Hellequin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »
Was the bow in bad shape?  If it decays past "cracked" then it's toast and you should see a line about it being discarded.

Regardless, that particular chunk of code's already been revised for v0.2, due to other causes, so thank you but (knock on wood) if that's a problem hopefully it's not one in the revised version.

And thanks to both of you; I'll figure out why their meshes aren't showing up and make sure that's fixed ASAP.