Author Topic: Bug reporting and solutions  (Read 25540 times)

jush

Re: Bug reporting and solutions
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »
yeah, feels like this mod is kinda dying... 

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »
not really. Raz has just been facing some problems IRL. The mod is quite playable and I've been promised a new version of the beta soon.
Don't jump to conclusions. It's a big project for one person and Raz has done great so far.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:45:50 PM by Merlkir »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
Far from dead.

Raz is having some problems, but he said he was going to get me the latest for some editing on the combat model within the week.

We're really not that far from having the .808 version ready for release.  No time estimates, but not that far.

Ron

jush

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 11:36:10 PM »
well, i'm glad i'm wrong.  good thing raz has some people he can count on.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »
well, i'm glad i'm wrong.  good thing raz has some people he can count on.

Odd how you worded that.  Interestingly enough, Raz is doing pretty much all of the code himself.  I just do combat models, and most of the other help has been in models, textures, and such.  That's part of the hold-up... much of this is all being done by one person.  Combine that with the obvious complexity of all the code going in to the siege system, and well...

Bio Engineering

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »
not really. Raz has just been facing some problems IRL. The mod is quite playable and I've been promised a new version of the beta soon.
Don't jump to conclusions. It's a big project for one person and Raz has done great so far.

Please tell me the quite plaiyabe version, because I got the engagin battle crashes version, that isnt playiable at all....

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 06:10:11 PM »
Dammit, it's beta right now... and even the first round beta is up for replacement soon.  Raz is working on it.  Whenever he gets me the latest round of changes, I have to work on it too.  (Still some bugs in the combat model.)  Then we have another round of beta tests before it can be released.

It will be ready when it is ready.

Lanky

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
Bio, Read the forum rules. DONT ask for release dates.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 11:35:28 PM »
Bio, Read the forum rules. DONT ask for release dates.

Well, he didn't really ask for a release date ... I think that was a request for a link to the beta.  That wasn't specifically covered in the rules, although it probably should have been.
---------------------------

Yes, we all know that the alpha release for .751 was little more than a demo for the new models, and as such, was barely playable and badly bugged.  That is why there is considerable activity toward a new version ... but it's not ready yet either.

So just hold off on telling us this over and over.  Bugs in the beta are being reported in the beta testing subforum (or will be, as soon as the next version beta is ready).

---------------------------

Note to anyone:

Raz runs this mod.  He's the only one with permission to hand out beta copies and/or put people on the beta test board list.  At last check, there's no shortage of beta testers ... if that changes, there will be announcements to that effect.  If anyone has actual skills that they wish to contribute, post that in the appropriate thread and someone will get back to you.  (Someone besides me ... my expertise is limited to combat damage modeling.)

Everyone else will have to wait.

The beta testers (and some of the development team, myself included) are waiting on a couple of things too.  If you think you're getting worked up about how long it is taking, get in line.

But we will NOT be handing out half-assembled alpha and beta releases.  There will no doubt be enough bugs in the released version, without the added complications of 700 different development versions being released.  (ONR's last release was done from a series of public betas, and de-bugging was a nightmare.  I would know.)  There are enough problems here without just asking for trouble like that.

I didn't specifically ask Raz about all of this before posting it, but this has been his policy all the way through, so I'm sure he will back me up on this.

Give us a break, people.  We're all a little bit on edge.  This has been an ambitious project, and as such, complications are inevitable.

Ron

An4Sh

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 12:00:37 PM »
CORRECTED THE INGAME CRASHES BUG!!!!!!! UNOFICIAL MOD EDITOR :P
2 ITENS DUPLICAE AND 3 TROPS I HAVE SEE
http://rapidshare.com/files/16298594/The_Holy

PS: i think tha forget anithing

In the future, take the time to spell words properly.  Correct grammar is also necessary if you wish to continute posting here.

-Merentha

Can you upload it again?

bobsters35

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2007, 12:14:46 AM »
i found a bug were if you talk to the templar king and ask him about your rank and wages youll reply but then you double click and it doesnt do anything  ::)

pickles232

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »
well i was wondering if the guy who uploaded the patch for the crashes fix on MBUI cause that happens to me allot plus whenever i enter a town there are no buildings but people and a sign what gives?

pickles232

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »
ok forget what i said earlier

does any1 know how to fix the "More than 32 sound samples" thing?

bobsters35

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »
Your probaly running the wrong version run .751

pickles232

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
nope i got .751