login

Author Topic: Bug reporting and solutions  (Read 27944 times)

gamerwill253

Re: Bug reporting and solutions
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 10:29:52 PM »
so theres no solution right now then? aww darn i want to play it so badly T.T but i will wait till a fix comes out.  8)

gamerwill253

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 01:55:41 AM »
i was also wondering if the crash is like once in a while or like always because i have only tried once  anyway thanks if you reply to this message

gamerwill253

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 05:17:05 PM »
it seems like no one is replying to my question..... and raz im wondering if i should sell all the templar sergant thing cuz i think thats duplicate.

Scrat

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:05:39 AM »
The crashes are somewhat common in version 0.751. (sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't) This is fixed in the new version. About the Sergant gear, this was something to upgrade your troops with. (you would need some gear/items and money to upgrade your troops but I think this is left out in version 0.800 since Raz has a new way to upgrade troops)

oleary7792

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »
This is my first post and i just wanna say that everyone that has done these mods had done an amazing job.  :) But anyways the bugs in .751 version of this game are out of control. at least 75% of the time i try to fight someone the game crashes without even a error message. And this was not just fighting people like Black Kergit raiders that probably should not  be there. I fought some Seljuk deserters and the game crashed. So i am wondering if there is anything i can do or if i should just wait for the .808 version or whatever the next version is.

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:39 PM »
This is my first post and i just wanna say that everyone that has done these mods had done an amazing job.  :) But anyways the bugs in .751 version of this game are out of control. at least 75% of the time i try to fight someone the game crashes without even a error message. And this was not just fighting people like Black Kergit raiders that probably should not  be there. I fought some Seljuk deserters and the game crashed. So i am wondering if there is anything i can do or if i should just wait for the .808 version or whatever the next version is.

The new beta is not far from being released (I hope... although the siege system has really bogged down the programming end of this thing).  It is more-or-less fully functional, as opposed to the .751 version that was pretty much an alpha release.  Stand by.

oleary7792

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »

[/quote]

The new beta is not far from being released (I hope... although the siege system has really bogged down the programming end of this thing).  It is more-or-less fully functional, as opposed to the .751 version that was pretty much an alpha release.  Stand by.

[/quote]

Hey thanks for responding. But do you happen to have any idea of the exact release date or an estimate of when its being released.

jush

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 07:00:41 PM »
Here, here.  It's been nearly two weeks since Raz said anything about how the process was going, and that itch is starting to get stronger -- the one that makes me scream "WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!?!?!"  I'm sure it gets annoying to hear that all the time, but I (we) can't help it.  Once it's finally released, there will be much feasting, and Raz will sit above the salt, surrounded by lusty wenches. 

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »
Raz is bogged down with some final work on the siege system.  The mod comes out when he gets it working the way he likes.  The standards, and the stakes, are high ... so he will probably take his time and get it as bug-free as possible.  (This mod has been kind of over-hyped, so the pressure is worse than normal.)

The rest of the beta is looking pretty good.

That means maybe any day, or maybe not for weeks.

Calm down and cut out the "Are we there yet?" routine.

ben34698

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 10:18:59 PM »
  I have a question about that second error with the crashes at battles starts.  I don't exactly get the duplicate items list, but I'll post a total list of my gear:

ARMOUR/CLOTHING                WEAPONS/SHIELDS
           Head: Sturdy Turban                              Rusty Yataghan
           Body: Crude Steel Scale Armour              Curved Bow
           Hands: Tattered Leather Gloves               Large Bag of Bodkins
           Feet: Study Steel Scale Boots                  Battered Ayyubid Bannor

Food:  Dried Meat
           Active Horse:  Spirited Egyption Warhorse

INVENTORY
             Battered Arabic Archer Bascinet
             Heavy Trained Camel
             Heavy Horse with Wagon
             Heavy Light Warhorse
             Arabian Club

Could the problem be that I have more than one horse? 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:19:24 PM by ben34698 »

Bio Engineering

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 05:09:14 AM »
Please help me...
nobody said how to fix the engaging battle crashes...
how do i fix it?
thanks

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 05:34:42 AM »
This was in the other thread.  The version for .751 was an alpha release.  It has bugs.  Random crashes are among those bugs.  This is due to the severely incomplete nature of the mod.

The version for .808, which is in beta testing and/or waiting for a few more touch-ups, will not randomly crash.  When it is released, your random crash bug will be fixed.

Until then, please stand by.  We do not know for how long ... it depends on the rate of actual progress.  (Personally, I haven't heard back from Raz in some time, and I need to get with him on a couple of things ... progress may be a little slow.)

That is the word from the development and/or testing team. 

Bio Engineering

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »
Oh thanks for the enligthment
but insnt there any way to modify any file to correct this?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Oh thanks for the enligthment
but insnt there any way to modify any file to correct this?

Not without fixing a bunch of bugs and recompiling the source code.

emperor77

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 11:28:29 AM »
Wow nobody has posted nothing for 3 days already a record :green: