Author Topic: Recruiting, requesting and donating  (Read 64934 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Recruiting, requesting and donating
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
I would probably have to see it in motion, in the stationary picture it looks just silly.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Pellidon

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 05:38:42 PM »
well, it's not much sillier than what you get in native, it's just a big black line. just out of curiosity, would the crossbow projectiles be forced to look the same, and if so, does it still look alright? maybe it'd just make the bolt look like it's travelling relatively more quickly, because it's even more elongated, and that'd make sense since crossbows launch bolts more powerfully.

Wood

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 06:04:32 PM »
You can assign each missile a different in-flight model so the in-flight bolts are slightly thinner and shorter than the arrows (scaled by the same ratio). The different types of arrow also look different, but I don't know how many Raz might use in the mod.

A volley of crossbow bolts. (Click to enlarge)

Pellidon

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »
sweet, no worries then. it'll be interesting to see how they look in motion, but it looks promising.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
well, it's not much sillier than what you get in native, it's just a big black line. just out of curiosity, would the crossbow projectiles be forced to look the same, and if so, does it still look alright? maybe it'd just make the bolt look like it's travelling relatively more quickly, because it's even more elongated, and that'd make sense since crossbows launch bolts more powerfully.

true, but Raz's made the arrows actual scaled projectiles and I would like to see how THAT looks in motion also.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Wood

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 11:46:21 AM »
The problem with normal sized arrows is that they are very difficult to see, especially at lower frame rates (and looking at the size of the battles, a fair few people are going to have less than perfect performance). Crossbow fire becomes virtually invisible, and although you may catch the occasional glimpse of a bolt it isn't enough to either see from what direction you're being attacked from or to properly defend yourself. It doesn't look as impressive and it is very difficult to fight against.

broodwarcd

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 10:35:47 PM »
i would like to request or just even suggest some different siege equipment like trebuchets, manlets, and balistas

i would like to help any way possible but i cant code or texture or model actually the only thing i could do is make concept art so pm me if you want me to do anything to help froward progression of the mod

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 02:17:55 AM »
i would like to request or just even suggest some different siege equipment like trebuchets, manlets, and balistas

i would like to help any way possible but i cant code or texture or model actually the only thing i could do is make concept art so pm me if you want me to do anything to help froward progression of the mod

if you look at the screenshots on the previous page, trebuchets and manlets are there.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 06:44:29 AM »
I've been playing the current build of HW and the arrows and bolts look wonderful. With the good sounds from the soundpack (awesome swords and cries, everything cool) the arrows are truly amazing and look and sound twice as real as in vanilla.

messenger

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »
I was sorely tempted to use a crossbow character instead of a Knight due to the sound effects, but my need for a lance and horse overcame it in the end.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »
I've played the whole day and it's good. Very cool, the sounds give it a whole new feel. I'm really a knight, not some petty manhunter ;) But without the sieges (raz's still working on them) it's just the same all over again..kill this muslim party, kill that one after that..

Pellidon

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 02:11:06 PM »
I was sorely tempted to use a crossbow character instead of a Knight due to the sound effects, but my need for a lance and horse overcame it in the end.
oh that's easy:
slot 1 = 1h sword or an axe of some kind maybe
slot 2 = lance
slot 3 = crossbow
slot 4 = bolts

messenger

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 04:15:02 PM »
I have a lance, sword and shield. Considering either a mace or an axe.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »
same here ;) preferring mace over axe, but the heavy ghulam axe is kickass too.
For sword I have a balanced Ibelin. The cutting dmg is insane! it has like 60...

Scrat

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 05:01:11 AM »
I'm glad you like the sounds guy's. It gives me a good feeling.