login

Author Topic: Recruiting, requesting and donating  (Read 67697 times)

Offline Raz

• View Profile
Recruiting, requesting and donating
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:12:27 PM »
Everything you see on the pictures listed I can use. Take note that much has already been done, but might just be in need of some retouching.

Western armies:

(thanks to Aqtai)

(thanks to Shashok)

Eastern armies:

(thanks to Aqtai)

(thanks to Shashok)

Some random sketches:

Varangian Guard
Futtawa
Kathapraktoi
Turcopole
Templar Knight (wrong surcoat though)
Professional infantry
Ghulam cavalry
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:59:36 AM by Raz »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Recruiting, requesting and donating
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 04:00:05 AM »
so, Raz. As I mentioned in the TLD:Concept Art thread, I don't have much to do for TLD and my exams are soon to be over (two more to go. Once I will fail miserably and one I'll probably pass ;)) so if you need any sketching (not eh? I guessed so. That's the advantage of a historical mod ;)) or texturing, I could help.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Jakethief

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Nephtys/Weapons/MAA_171_p_10.jpg

I wqas going for picture F if I can recall right. Anyway I was doing that. Then I decided I wanted to try something new after I got the blade.. Anyway I like it. The blade is a little messed up though but I can make a new one I don't care at the moment. I'm missing family guy  ;)

Here is my holy sword   :D

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 06:41:28 AM »
Merlkir, I would be honoured if you did some artwork for me! Texturing would be great as well. I especially need pictures to base my Mamluks on, because I don't really know how to visualise them.

so, Raz. As I mentioned in the TLD:Concept Art thread, I don't have much to do for TLD and my exams are soon to be over (two more to go. Once I will fail miserably and one I'll probably pass ;)) so if you need any sketching (not eh? I guessed so. That's the advantage of a historical mod ;)) or texturing, I could help.
That's a great sword! Could you perhaps enlarge the hilt a bit? It's a bit out of proportion now. But still looking good.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:41 AM »
Merlkir, I would be honoured if you did some artwork for me! Texturing would be great as well. I especially need pictures to base my Mamluks on, because I don't really know how to visualise them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:07:27 AM by Merlkir »

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Jakethief

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »
Yeah no problem. That was done late at night so I knew it wouldn't be perfect.

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »
OK. I'm doing some concept art for Winter now, but I'm not sure he'll like it so I'll probably could try the mamluks after that. I do not know that much about them. Who should I ask for advice or sources (photos of equipment would be great. From that I can paint a concept of a whole equipped warrior.) ? Aqtai?
Thanks a lot. You'd best approach Aqtai or Swordsmaster I think. I'll make a list of some pictures I have now. Would you be willing to do some texturing as well? :)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 12:53:52 PM »
Of course. If it's nothing too complicated, I think I can handle it.

Chel

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:53:56 AM »
Don't know if they're suitable but I made some crude lamellar warhorses a while back. If you didn't see them, they were uploaded with the last update to the horses mod.
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,13657.msg256186.html#msg256186
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5258/pic47gn.jpg

18Zulukiller

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »
If your getting stuck with what things should look like you might want to get hold of a copy of medieval 2:total war the game just to see what there units look like im not suggesting you copy them just have a look to see if it gives you any ideas.

P.s. Nice mod man i hope you see it through to the end because ill deffinatly play it.

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »
Don't know if they're suitable but I made some crude lamellar warhorses a while back. If you didn't see them, they were uploaded with the last update to the horses mod.
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,13657.msg256186.html#msg256186
http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/5258/pic47gn.jpg
Hey Chel, nice lamellar textures. I'll definately be able to use them. Would you mind if I made the individual lamella smaller?

If your getting stuck with what things should look like you might want to get hold of a copy of medieval 2:total war the game just to see what there units look like im not suggesting you copy them just have a look to see if it gives you any ideas.

P.s. Nice mod man i hope you see it through to the end because ill deffinatly play it.
Yeah, but the total war series aren't renowned for their historic accuracy ;)

Wood

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »
I created some in-flight arrows by stretching the native model so it's about 3 times longer. While it might sound odd, this makes the arrows look better in the air, a sort of optical illusion similar to motion-blur. It looks a lot better than the default "brown smudge", and is much easier to see than the standard arrows at high speeds, especially if the FPS is low.

I can send you the ones I did if you want or you can make your own if you are using different arrow models. I strongly recommend it, it makes a group of archers look a lot more impressive.

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »
Shots? :)

Wood

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 07:04:01 PM »

It's not easy photographing a speeding arrow.

A static image doesn't really show the effect very well, when in motion the arrow doesn't look long, it looks like it's moving very fast, like a motion blur. I fought a group of crossbowmen earlier and the sight of over a dozen steel bolts whizzing past at once was actually quite scary. When I used the standard bolt models you could barely see a single bolt fly by. I thought you might find it useful in the large siege battles, make it seem even more spectacular.

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 01:37:01 PM »
Hey, looks pretty good :) Could you please send it to khayaludidi930@msn.com ?