Author Topic: (Historic) Development and suggestions  (Read 73625 times)

Offline Raz

• View Profile
(Historic) Development and suggestions
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »
This thread is here for the purpose of improving the historical accuracy, and make your suggestions. Please feel free to post your critique here as well!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:17:05 PM by Raz »

broodwarcd

Re: (Historic) Development and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »
IDEAS GALORE
this is more of a prop than a actual weapon.. but how bout a giant golden cross.. i heard that they carried around a giant golden cross with a piece of what was thought to be the cross jesus was crucified on embedded in it
there are some good references as to what it might look like in kingdom of heaven and it might be able to be a map icon for an army of Jerusalem

also are there crescent moons(a sign of Allah) for the Muslims....if not a cool way to implement them would be to have them at the end of flag poles or have them as shield designs
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:49:41 PM by broodwarcd »

Scrat

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
This could work maby as a new troop -> guy carrying a banner/flag of the faction

broodwarcd

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »
maybe, but the big one was carried kind of like the ark of the covenant with two cross polls to lift it
but yeah i could be a banner type thing

Sir Reinald

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »
Having those in this mod, while historically accurate, would not serve a real purpose, and would be more of a liability to the player.  What those large crosses did was inspire troops around them to fight harder so the enemy could not capture/deface and to remind them that they were on a mission from God Himself.  Men of the time would die before letting one of the hated "infidel" get near that incredibly oversized cross.

Accurate? To an extent.

Useful in the mod? Not likely.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
if only troop flags would be possible, Raz could use the cross bearers as one of the "group leaders" with Winter's formations.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

broodwarcd

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
i never really meant it being a unit but maybe a party icon or perhaps some kind of terrain....

but yeah it was for morale and yeah it would be tedious to make it as a unit but i never said that

Odin Doomhammer

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 06:39:02 PM »
I suggested that capturing the piece of the true cross (or other similar relics) might be suitable missions.  Strike a major blow against enemy morale.  If you can have set-piece battles you could even have a model of the cross to fight around.

DarkAnd

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
i think an axe or a spear whit the form of + and the possibilit to atack and conquer citys

Mad_Hamish

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
Is your reading as bad as your spelling? It said historical.

(There is a spell checker you know)

DarkAnd

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »
hm sorry  :green: i dont speak a good english
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:35:37 AM by DarkAnd »

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 10:11:17 PM »
Hey, I finally got the 'time' to reply to these. Good idea with the cross, I could perhaps use it on a set-up battle, maybe that of Hattin in Summer later in the game.

I'd love to add group leaders but there's one problem I'll encounter; the troop type limit in a party is set at 6. I'd have to manually add leaders to a party each time. When stable moving formations are possible I'll see if this would work out. Maybe a captain per unit type.

Ebu Deyyus

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 04:41:33 AM »
I suggested that capturing the piece of the true cross (or other similar relics) might be suitable missions.  Strike a major blow against enemy morale.  If you can have set-piece battles you could even have a model of the cross to fight around.

why would muslims' morales decrease when christians get the true cross, they wouldnt care..

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »

why would muslims' morales decrease when christians get the true cross, they wouldnt care..

Anything that improves you enemies' social or legal legitimacy is bad for morale.  Anything that makes them look good, and increases their motivation, in turn takes a bite out of your troops' motivation.  They walk with their heads held a little higher, and it comes down on you like a ton of bricks - your troops start thinking that maybe they're right, or maybe they're going to win so it doesn't matter who is right.

Happens in every war.

Offline Raz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 06:35:14 AM »
In return, when the Muslims capture Jerusalem the Christian's morale should drop at least as much as when the Christians capture a piece of the true cross.