login

Author Topic: Craftmod CEP v1.5 Beta  (Read 6585 times)

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Craftmod CEP v1.5 Beta
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:25:20 am »
Craftmod 1.5 is no longer in Beta. See the main forum for the release.

Magisterially,
Winter
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:34:33 am by Winter »

night raider

Re: Craftmod CEP v1.5 Beta
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:32:16 pm »
Minor issues discovered so far ( I can't recall if these are carry overs from 1.4 or not)

1. Checking inventory in a crafting shop causes you to undress - not major, but annoying.
2. All craftsmen share the same inventory i.e. what the fletcher in Praven has, are the same items the fletcher in any other city has.  Is there a way to make them like merchants etc.?

Winter, if this is not where you want reports, please move it to the appropriate place.  The buys thread seemed like they dealt with the older version???

night raider

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:47:47 pm »
Are the equipment dialogues with the retainers supposed to be fully functional?  The "add items" option doesn't seem to be functional at this point???

A more troubling problem.  I had several battles with river pirates and forest bandits with no problems.  Then I took on the Black Khergits.  The battle screen started fine and about 4 seconds into the battle the program had a fatal crash.  The only change I know of between this battle and the previous one was that I leveled Borcha up a few notches???  I'll try to reproduce it and see if I can find anything else out.

Edit: Apparently I was lucky the first few battles.  The crash appears to occur with any group.  I fought the same group of forest bandits 10 times in a row and had fatal crashes 2/10 battles.  I'm afraid this is beyond me unless some others give me ideas to test.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:34:30 am by night raider »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:40:43 am »
Minor issues discovered so far ( I can't recall if these are carry overs from 1.4 or not)

1. Checking inventory in a crafting shop causes you to undress - not major, but annoying.
2. All craftsmen share the same inventory i.e. what the fletcher in Praven has, are the same items the fletcher in any other city has.  Is there a way to make them like merchants etc.?

Winter, if this is not where you want reports, please move it to the appropriate place.  The buys thread seemed like they dealt with the older version???

1 is an M&B thing, I can't do anything about it.
2 is intentional and I like it that way.

Bug reports can go in this thread, or in their own threads, I don't care.

Are the equipment dialogues with the retainers supposed to be fully functional?  The "add items" option doesn't seem to be functional at this point???

Yes, they are supposed to be functional. Be more specific about what's happening, would you?

A more troubling problem.  I had several battles with river pirates and forest bandits with no problems.  Then I took on the Black Khergits.  The battle screen started fine and about 4 seconds into the battle the program had a fatal crash.  The only change I know of between this battle and the previous one was that I leveled Borcha up a few notches???  I'll try to reproduce it and see if I can find anything else out.

Edit: Apparently I was lucky the first few battles.  The crash appears to occur with any group.  I fought the same group of forest bandits 10 times in a row and had fatal crashes 2/10 battles.  I'm afraid this is beyond me unless some others give me ideas to test.

Hrm. I was hoping this wouldn't happen anymore. I'll have to look into it, again. Can anyone else confirm?

Slowly,
Winter

night raider

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 05:57:52 pm »
I wasn't exactly sure how the "add items" was supposed to work, but when they said "what items would you like to add", and I clicked, all that happened was that I replied "never mind".  No options appeared throughout the dialogue.

Antiac

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:03:29 pm »
I had a problem while hunting. I had borcha in my party. I'm going to try to reproduce it. I hunted twice trying to get food. and I didn't so I tried it again- and borcha disappeared from my party list. Ithought maybe he would reappear later at the inn or something and I fought some  river pirates. Using a serpentine gonne and my sea raiders that I had received from fighting some vaegirs earlier they were easily dispatched. But when it went to the inventory loot screen the game froze and the level up noise just repeated over and over. I'm going to try to reproduce it

night raider

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:26:15 pm »
How is the "batch" function supposed to work?  I assume it is supposed to check to see if you have the necessary items in your inventory to create 5 identical items.  However it doesn't appear to function as I would expect.

Here I had 5 spear heads and five wooden poles. I could create them individually but not as a batch.  Am I missing something?

I also encountered the Borcha problem with camping - He was removed from the party, but appeared inside the camp.  If ambushing he rejoined, but otherwise he seems to vanish???  I've also encountered random crashes in the ambushes.  Can anyone else verify this?  I restarted the game to make sure it wasn't any of my equipment, borcha etc. that was causing the crashes, and I still experienced them.

Winter, may I ask why you like the identical inventories in the craftshops?  It seems to be odd that craftsmen in different cities do not have different items in their inventories.  If I go to shops in two different towns I naturally expect to find different items.  I don't think online shopping was implemented yet in this time period  ;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:28:59 pm by night raider »

Offline Winter

• I am Tek Jansen!
  • Administrator
  • MBX Forum owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:40 am »
Batches are created out of 5 already-assembled items. That means you have to assemble the spears before you can make a batch out of them.

I'll have a look at the Borcha problem and maybe redesign the way that's handled. I can come up with a few easier ways to do it now.

Politely,
Winter

night raider

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:09:24 am »
Batches are created out of 5 already-assembled items. That means you have to assemble the spears before you can make a batch out of them.

??? Now I'm thoroughly confused.  I started out as a beta tester and received numerous sets of 5 items(knives, swords, hatchets?) and was unable to create a batch.  I assembled my five spears and was unable to create a batch.  Am I missing something else?

oicurtis

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:54:47 pm »
For those of you experiencing CTD problems on combat, try changing the time_multiplier variable from 0.25 back to 0.15 (mount and blade's default) and see if that helps.  I know it's a shot in the dark, but I made that change today and haven't gotten a CTD on entering combat since, so more data would probably be great.  If we can determine that it's a game bug rather than a mod bug, that'd be one less thing for Winter to stress about.

- Curtis

night raider

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:18:56 pm »
For those of you experiencing CTD problems on combat, try changing the time_multiplier variable from 0.25 back to 0.15 (mount and blade's default) and see if that helps.

Where do I make that change?
Edit: Never mind, I found it.

I checked all the watered-steel blades and haven't found any problems.

1 minor typo in the mining messages.  If you fail to mine, the message about taking a break before trying again is missing the final "n" in "again".    "You decide to take a break before trying agai"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:21:25 pm by night raider »

night raider

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 03:10:45 am »
Changed the time variable and for a while I thought it might be the problem.  I fought about 15 battles without a crash.  Then I took on a group of Black Knightts and got CTDs four times in a row.  I'll keep poking, but my hunch is that it's a problem somewhere in the combat system as I appear to have the same problems in camp ambushes and in the arena fights.