login

Author Topic: Official status of the mod - UPDATED/ January 2th 2014  (Read 71463 times)

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Official status of the mod - UPDATED/ January 2th 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »
Do you want one? I think I have a spare.

Give me a week or two. I'll PM you and let you know, but I think I can get the one my brother and I share.

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:39 PM »
Well, Summer is here, so I'll probably have some free time to finish up the broken stuff now. Anybody got a list of what needs to be done?

Offline Auvar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »
I've been playing a bit recently, and there are a few things:

Gotta ask, Warband or Vanilla? If Vanilla, what version (3.2, 3.3, etc..). This determines where some of the fixes should be.

Formations: Cavalry in formation who are given the order "follow me" will ignore further orders to "hold position" unless they are told to break formation first.
I was working on tweaking formation stuff for WB. This will probably be easy to fix.
Wargs: In one instance I noticed the issue Sirg posted on Trello of warg "ghost riders" spawning and dying continually when the riders dismounted, but I'm having trouble replicating it.  I'll post if I figure out how to reliably get this to happen.
Sieges: Some siege placements are messed up.  In the siege of Main Rhun Camp, for instance, the attackers and defenders spawn on top of one another.  As I've only played a handful of sieges, this may not be the only problem area.  Additionally, sieges still can't be "won" by the player when attacking - once all defenders are dead, offers you a new fight with no defenders (which you immediately win when entered), ad nauseum, and the only way to exit the siege is to leave the battle, which gives you no metal, prisoners, rank/influence, etc.

I could've sworn we fixed this one already. I'll check it out anyway though.

There are also some quest issues, that, while maybe not bugs per se, make certain quests virtually unwinnable without cheats.  I don't know whether these fall within your purview, but if they do:

"Deal with Rampaging Troll:" The target troll moves too quickly and is hostile to every good party, so catching it before some allied scout party kills it is extremely difficult.  Toning down its speed would be nice, but the change that really needs to be made is to make it neutral to good parties, like deserters or the trolls that spawn for Saruman's "catch me a troll" quest.

"Follow Spy to Meeting:" The spy moves way too fast - unless you happen to have a small party of pure cavalry it's almost impossible to catch him, and he often is traveling halfway across the map.  Furthermore, capturing the spy is exceedingly difficult, as blunt weapons are rather rare in TLD - AFAIK only Isengard Despoilers and some Rhun cavalry types regularly spawn with blunt weapons.  Assuming you actually catch the handler's party, you basically have to solo it and pray the handler doesn't ride over towards the rest of your party.  Honestly I'd just scrap this quest, but at the very least the spy's speed could be toned down.

There's also some kind of "find these legendary spears in Erebor" quest I was given (as a dwarf) by King Brand of Dale; there seems to be no way to complete it.  The Dwarf King gives you permission to search the mines, but there's no option to actually do so that I could find.  If this is one of those never-finished quests like Mithril in Moria it should probably just be removed.
Did you get the dev/debug version? Because that quest shouldn't be available in the release version. There were plans to finish it, I think there was even a scene for it. Probably more of an unfinished feature than a bug.

Naturally there's a ton of other stuff that would be useful, but I get you're focusing on the "broken" things, not balancing.  Thanks for everything you're doing.  :)

Thank you for your list. :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:33:57 AM by CppCoder »