Author Topic: The Last Days Ultimate Optimization Pack for Low-spec PCs- For 3.23 version  (Read 43073 times)

Offline AlexDragon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Although I really appreciate the benefits of this optimization, I have to say that the definition of armor and clothing in general is too low and I think a part of the pleasure of buying new armor is to enjoy by watching them during the game.
Hope I do not get an answer, "then do not put the optimization and uses TLD as before" ....

Graphics is very much  the same if you put texture detail on 100 and graphics to the max (which i usually do, graphics might look abit different if you put texture detail below 50. I might going to do another optimization which only lower 30% details instead of going for 50. Thanks for informing me though ;D

in the mean time can you tell me your graphics settings so i can know what its like to play on low spec pcs?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:22:35 AM by AlexDragon »

Offline Gaxleep

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Although I really appreciate the benefits of this optimization, I have to say that the definition of armor and clothing in general is too low and I think a part of the pleasure of buying new armor is to enjoy by watching them during the game.
Hope I do not get an answer, "then do not put the optimization and uses TLD as before" ....

Graphics is very much  the same if you put texture detail on 100 and graphics to the max (which i usually do, graphics might look abit different if you put texture detail below 50. I might going to do another optimization which only lower 30% details instead of going for 50. Thanks for informing me though ;D

in the mean time can you tell me your graphics settings so i can know what its like to play on low spec pcs?

Thx for the answer and for the good news :D

Ok, now I'm back from work and i can write my graphic settings for TLD:

Render method = DirectX 9
Resolution 1280x1024 32
Shadow quality = Low
Texture detail = 100%
Grass density = 0%
Character detail = Maximum = 100%
Character shadow detail = Minimum = 0%
Number of corpses = Unlimited (don't ask to lower, I won't)
Number of ragdolls = Unlimited (don't ask to lower, I won't)
Blood stains = On
Dynamic lighting = Enabled
Character shadow = Enabled
Environment shadows = Disabled
Realistic shadows on plants = None
Particle system = Enabled
Anistropic filtering = Enabled
Fast water reflections = Enabled

Estimated performance 89%
Using IronLauncher.
TLD V.3.1
Amd Athlon x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.41ghz
3 Gb ram
Nivida GTX 295 1gb ram
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 64bit

Offline Gaxleep

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Using IronLauncher.
TLD V.3.1
3 Gb ram
Nivida GTX 295 1gb ram
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 64bit

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
AlexDragon, medium-spec version is awesome: I can't see any worsening of character/troops detalization by my eyes, but boot time is much shorter. There are not many lags in battles on my system with default textures, however I see some optimization here too.  So, medium-spec version is my choice ;).

Offline Gaxleep

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Yesss!

I confirm that now is much better!
Well done again.
At this moment I have no time to thoroughly test this release, but I will do tonight when I get back from work.
Thx !

Edit:
After a game session I can say that this version is much better, from the looking side.
Sieges are a slomo situation, yet, but I think that there's no much to do with it, until I'll get a better pc.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:46:01 PM by Gaxleep »
Using IronLauncher.
TLD V.3.1
3 Gb ram
Nivida GTX 295 1gb ram
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 64bit

Offline makou

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi,
First of all, thanks a lot AlexDragon for your mod, it makes a tremendous difference performance wise.

I'd love to be able to try the medium-spec version of your mod, but I can't download from GameFront anymore. France seems to be on their black list...

Could you try to upload this version to mediafire too ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again for your mod.