Author Topic: Developer updates (gameplay footage May 1st)  (Read 110110 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Developer updates
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »
I like the ones where the guy is sort of covering up with the shield even when idle. If you're not in combat, you can easily carry the shield like a handbag, but in combat it's imho a bit unpractical.
Resting position for the mace would certainly be low with it's head pointing to the ground. Just hanging in you hand. But as this animation is for all weapons, you could maybe place the weapon on the shoulder, that's appropriate and  looks quite good.
With the slash, I was taught not to stretch too much to the back while attacking. It's a waste of movement and momentum. But hell, the native slash from above looks somewhat stiff with the elbow pretty painfully bent, I guess that could be improved. The hell I know, your slash may even look a lot better...
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

messenger

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 10:49:04 AM »
I am a fan of people holding their weapons to their shoulder.

Hazuu

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »
It would look great if people had weapons over shoulders. But in battle you really dont walk around with a weapon over shoulder, dont you?

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 10:13:22 AM »
It would look great if people had weapons over shoulders. But in battle you really dont walk around with a weapon over shoulder, dont you?

it's for idle animation when the avatar is standing still. And you actually can have the weapon on your shoulder. I've just watched a tutorial DVD for sword+shield fighting and a guy had a sword in the "shoulder guard" even during combat. It's ready to strike and your arm doesn't tire...

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Hazuu

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 07:47:22 AM »
Oh yeah, Ok my bad

emperor77

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
Are you guys beta testing already?? :?:

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 03:10:54 AM »
Are you guys beta testing already?? :?:

yes-

emperor77

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 05:04:09 AM »
So i figure the mod will be done soon. Right? :green:

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »
So i figure the mod will be done soon. Right? :green:

I was promised a new version for testing soon, but even now it's quite well playable and fun :) so don't know about when the release will happen, but it'll be good for sure.

emperor77

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 10:27:27 AM »
Can I join beta testing?

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »
Can I join beta testing?

In all likelihood - no. Just readying you for the shock.

Offline Fisheye

• Blues Brother
  • Guildsman
  • My scalp's so bright, I gotta wear shades.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 05:40:17 PM »
It always bothered me that the 2-handed passive stance was a passable imitation of a proper guard stance but the 1-handed passive stance is totally "hit me, I'm dead" flat-footed.

None of the stances shown seem as combat-ready as the 2-handed stance... any plans to make the 1-handed stance a proper one? By proper I mean body angled to the enemy, shield at ready, weapon cocked. Or if no shield then weapon at guard position.

Holywarbreeder

can i GEt a Demo or a taste of this mod wanna try it out
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 05:31:40 PM »
Raz can u send me a demo of this mod can i check it out or can i test it? plz man ive bine waiting long time plz  i know u have not alot of time plz do if u have any spare time at hand

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: can i GEt a Demo or a taste of this mod wanna try it out
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
Raz can u send me a demo of this mod can i check it out or can i test it? plz man ive bine waiting long time plz  i know u have not alot of time plz do if u have any spare time at hand

oh god...I don't know if Raz is going to let you test it, but you really should work on your writing. All those plzs are horrible and make me think of all the noobs I've seen and hated for repeating "give item, give zeny, heal plz...plz plz plz" when I was still playing Ragnarok Online...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:08:51 PM by Merlkir »

Turin

Re: can i GEt a Demo or a taste of this mod wanna try it out
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

oh god...I don't know if Raz is going to let you test it, but you really should work on your writing. All those plzs are horrible and make me think of all the noobs I've seen and hated for repeating "give item, give zeny, heal plz...plz plz plz" when I was still playing Ragnarok Online...
The horror! :o

I would love to beta test too, but I know how to wait.