Author Topic: TLD troop tree.  (Read 18834 times)

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
TLD troop tree.
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
Hi, everyone.

I am making troop tree for TLD. (using scripts) (http://andrey-cjkjvfnby.narod.ru/tree.htm)

Some part of it is not yet ready.
I don't have formula how to get XP for killing by unit level.  (I just hardcoded values for some levels)
I don't know how to get sell price by unit level. (I just hardcoded values for some levels)
I don't know how to get unit wages. (Looks like it depends not only from level.)

I want to make images for every unit. But I does  not know how.  Looks like the only way to do it is make sceenshots from game.   It that case I need help of someone who skilled in game script.

It looks like some units are legacy of native (manhunter, Novice fighter) I hope developers can remove them in next patch.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD troop tree.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »
Hi,

Good luck with your project! However, small nitpick: It's "Foot Warrior", not "Footer Warrior"

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 02:27:21 PM »
Hi,
Good luck with your project! However, small nitpick: It's "Foot Warrior", not "Footer Warrior"
fix.

Update troop tree with images.

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:06:13 PM »
It looks like some units are legacy of native (manhunter, Novice fighter) I hope developers can remove them in next patch.

Some are, but they're not encountered in game, just in scripts.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Arkerless

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
s/Tree Handen/Polearm *(I think)
s/Trow/Throw

Looks good! Thanks for the resource!

Offline Arkerless

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 07:02:53 PM »
s/Trow/Throw

Looks good! Thanks for the resource!

Edit: Also, can you add skills? Athletics and powerdraw and riding and so on are every bit as important as gear and weapon profs. Still a great contribution though, thanks again!

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
Very nice, thank you! Could you, perhaps, add weekly wage costs for each type of soldier?

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 03:36:17 AM »

If it legacy of Native, they are should be referenced by name in scripts and other places. 

s/Trow/Throw
Thanks.

Also, can you add skills? Athletics and powerdraw and riding and so on are every bit as important as gear and weapon profs. Still a great contribution though, thanks again!
Yes.

Could you, perhaps, add weekly wage costs for each type of soldier?

Troop wages are not related only to level like XP and sell price. Looks like them depends on faction. If developers can give me formula I will add it. 

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »
Update:
Remove some factions ['ruins', 'Commoners', 'Savages and Bandits', 'Manhunters']
Show wp only for weapons in inventory.
Show skills that is used by troop.
Minor HTML changes.
Fix spelling

Some xp and selling prices are still missing. if someone have formula it will be good. Or you can help me by filling doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FgBb7gYzIsWuS23HmJE_HnN0tBtdrLxSm217LsM8w7A/edit

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »
The prisoner price formula is (level+10)^2/6, same as in Native, really.

If it legacy of Native, they are should be referenced by name in scripts and other places. 
I know that English is not your forte, but here it goes: some of these are used in scripts, some are not. Those that are used are obfuscated and those that are not are harmless. There is no need to remove anything.
Be very careful when trying to give advice to experienced developers, it's very likely they did stuff on purpose.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »
I know that English is not your forte, but here it goes: some of these are used in scripts, some are not.

Not forte, but french more not forte. :)

Those that are used are obfuscated and those that are not are harmless.
I am not ready to argue you in that point yet.  But then I finish my research We will back to this dispute :)

There is no need to remove anything.
Be very careful when trying to give advice to experienced developers, it's very likely they did stuff on purpose.
It is very controversial when cross border between "Don't touch this black hole because it works." and "No magic."

And as experienced developer can you tell me files there  troop can be mentioned. (scripts, quests, dialogs, scenes, troops_templates, triggers)

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »
It may be the English, but we are much more knowledgable than you seem to think - we just don't share  implementation info, and are not interested in disputes and arguments too. Most of the code symbols are obfuscated so the code can't be reverse-engineered easily, and we don't give out sources too, nor information about them.
Coding debates belong to the Forge. And please remember to ask nicely, or you risk being ignored, especially if you display both arrogance and ignorance.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »
Most of the code symbols are obfuscated so the code can't be reverse-engineered easily
   If you meens process_scripts.py it is not obfuscator.

and we don't give out sources too, nor information about them.
Yes wages is big secret, you should protect it from players :)

And please remember to ask nicely, or you risk being ignored, especially if you display both arrogance and ignorance.
Very polite. I can`t be more nicely as I am. Please feel free to ignore me.