login

Author Topic: Faction Rewards/Companion/Traits List  (Read 163024 times)

Offline kurog

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Rewards List
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:51 PM »
Also, don't underestimate the weapons damage type. When I played Rohan that Sword of Eorl swapping chop for piercing damage went right thru most armor in hand to hand combat. Basically turned it into a cheater weapon.

Offline Arkerless

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 12:08:22 AM »
Also, don't underestimate the weapons damage type. When I played Rohan that Sword of Eorl swapping chop for piercing damage went right thru most armor in hand to hand combat. Basically turned it into a cheater weapon.

Piercing damage, depending on the module settings, is equivelant to roughly 2x cutting damage against an armoured opponent.

So yeah, it makes a big difference. Unless you are fighting a half-naked enemy, but those dont tend to last long either way.

Offline Jimillonga

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 02:59:20 PM »
Hi people. It is just only one think About a previous message i wached before. I thnk about Arathorn's sword. If You dislike eny item of the game, you can change its caracteristics easy. You only have to go TLD folder in "modules" or mods folder and search for a text doxument  called "Item_kinds1.txt". There you can see a lot of diferents items of the game. And if you wont, for exaple, make a sword more powerfull, you only have to change the last numbers of the sword's line:

The two last numbers are the demge of the sword. And the two previus numbers (no the 0) are the speed rating and the reach of the swors.

I don't know exactly how they works but just incrase these numbers and the swords will become more powerfull.

JUst investigate!!!

Offline Frbls

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »
Moria:

Cooking Cauldron
Orc Brew
Orc Shield
30 Rep | Finvarisil (+1AGI)
35 Rep | Masterwork Orc Double Handed Axe (45c, sp 91, re 84, bonus vs shiel, no horse, no block)
40 Rep | Orc Heavy Mail (w24, 25 BA, 13 LA)
45 Rep | Masterwork Orc Bow (25c, 99, 87)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:07:55 AM by Frbls »

Offline zingrock

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
Great stuff guys, good information :)

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Sword of Eorl and the Sword of Westerness?

You can gain these items from increasing rank and also influence points in the game, then speak to the leader of the faction and he has the option which will allow you to purchase these items.

It is really quite easy to gain rank and influence for Rohan as they are constantly having battles with isengard and dundland, Just roam around the borders and help in any fight you see.

Gondor is a different matter near the beginning of the game as they rarely fight the evil forces and when they do they are often greatly outnumbered and so helping them is a risk especially near osgiliath as hundreds of orcs patrol near the river.

Elronds forces dont engage in much battle at the beginning of the game either as Moria doesnt have many patrols and scouts so you would do better to head east and help Lothlorien, Mirkwood and the Beornings as they engage in battle more frequently with Dol Guldur and Gundbad.

The dwarves are fairly inactive but Dale are often fighting Rhun so there is rank to be gained there.

Hope i have helped :)

Offline Talinn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »
The Sword of Westernesse gives you +1 Power Strike.
Very nice!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Faction Rewards/Companion/Traits List
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »
Can someone make a list with all companions, what are they require to join and where are they?

[Gondor - Minas Tirith] Cirdil: I think he costs like 800 resource points.
[Gondor - Henneth Annun] Angbor (Or Mablung, I forget): I forgot the requirements for him.

[Isengard - Uruk Hai Hunting Camp] Gulm: Isengard Uruk-Hai that requires Isengard rank 3 (Treeburner) and 2,000 resource points to join you.

[Isengard - Isengard] Durgash: Snaga warg rider that requires 800 resource points to join you.

The one in Henneth Annuin is, in fact, Mablung! :D I have him as my second-in-command on my Ranger Girl. I don't think he has requirements, but I could be wrong. I was pretty low level when I got him.

There's also Luevanna(Sp?) in Thranduil's Halls. She just requires Resources.

For the good :

2 In Rohan, 1 in West Emnet, 1 in Edoras. The one in WE requires rank 2 or so, the one in Edoras rank 4 or so. Get the one in WE early, Isengard tends to burn it soon.
2 In Gondor, 1 in Minas Tirith, 1 in the ranger forteress. Requires nothing for the one in MT, an early rank for the one in MT.
1 in Beornings (Woodsman village), requires some ressources I believe.
1 in Thranduil's Halls, requires nothing. She has pathfinding. She likes the healer from Dale but not the Rohirrim from WE. She has a crush on Glorfindel.
1 in Dale, requires 300 dale ressources. She's the healer, get her early.
1 in Erebor, requires rank 1.
Finally, Glorfindel can be gotten in the capital of Lorien, but requires 2000 ressources and rank 8.

The Dwarf in Erebor and the Elf lady in Mirkwood don't like each other! Just so you know. (: And don't run from a battle with the Dwarf in your party. He gets upset. :P

Mablung sets you back 2000RPs.
And you need to be a Gondor Knight before you can recruit him- (which is Lv. 3, IIRC).
Mablung is awesome- Trainer, Tracker, Spotting, Path-finding- he's a 'mini-Strider'.

Evil companions:

Uruk in Minas Morgul.
Level 1 orc in Orc Patrol Camp.
Orc in Moria (He says he is a doctor (!)).
Corsair in Corsair Camp.
Harad warrior in Haradrim Camp - a real beast. And he is a trainer, too.
Rhun warrior in Northern Rhun Camp.
Orc warg rider in Isengard (not sure about this, I think I saw him once).

I'm looking for more companions in the North now, I think there are 2 more.

My list:

Список нанимаемых NPC. Указаны фракция, место найма, требуемый ранг и количество resourse points, раса/национальность, класс и/или специализация. Список не завершён и дополняется.

"Тёмная" сторона
Mordor:
- Ufthak - Orc Patrol Camp, нет требований к рангу, 100, Orc Snaga
- Gorbag - Minas Morgul, 3-ий ранг, 1800, Uruk Slayer of Mordor

Isengard:
- Durgash - Isengard, 1-ый ранг, 800, Wolf Rider of Isengard, tracker
- Gulm - Uruk Hai Hunting camp, 7-ой ранг, 2000, fighting Uruk-hai, berserker

Harad:
- Lykyada - Haradrim Camp, 3-ий ранг, ??, Gold Serpent Horse Archer

Umbar:
- Fuldimir - Corsair Camp, нет требований к рангу, 300, Umbar Sailor

Moria:
- Bolzog - Gates of Moria, 1-ый ранг, 500, Snaga of Moria, healer

Rhun:
- Varfang - Northern Rhun Camp, 2-ой ранг, ??, Rhun Swift Horseman

"Светлая" сторона
Erebor:
- Kili Goldfinger - Erebor, 1-ый ранг, 800

Lothlorien:
- Glorfindel - Caras Galadhon, ? ранг, ??

Mirkwood Elves:
- Luevanna - Thranduil's Halls, нет требований к рангу, бесплатно

Gondor:
- Cirdil - Minas Tirith, нет требований к рангу, 100
- Mablung - Henneth Annun, ? ранг, ??

Rohan:
- Ulfas - West Emnet, 1-ый ранг, 1200
- Galmyne - Edoras, ? ранг, ??

Dale:
- Faniul - Dale, нет требований к рангу, 300

Beornings:
- Dimborn - Woodsmen Village, нет требований к рангу, 400

Glorfindel, a level 55 Lothlorien elf waits in Caras Galadhon for a rank 7 elf (not sure if he'll join if you're non-elf) and will cost 5000RP. He has 500 points in all weapons and rides a lorien warhorse and fires a galadhrim bow and uses a 2h sword.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
TRAITS

I have made them teeny tiny in place of a spoiler ability.
I made them black, works a bit better. Pity we not have spoiler tag yet

Elf friend
You have become highly esteemed by the Elves and they now regard you as a trusted ally. The cost to recruit elves has been reduced and you may now attempt to give orders to elven armi.

Steward's Blessing
You have become highly esteemed by the Steward Denethor and your status has risen among the men of Gondor as a result. The cost to recruit Gondorians has been reduced and you may now attempt to give orders to Gondorian armies.

King's Man
You have become highly esteemed by King Theoden of Rohan and your status has risen among the men of Rohan as a result. The cost to recruit Rohirrim men has been reduced and you may now attempt to give orders to the armies of the Riddermark.

Barbarian Champion
You have become highly esteemed by the barbarian tribes serving Sauron as a result of your impressive displays in the arena. You may now recruit barbarians at reduced cost.

Blessed
You sense that you have been blessed by powers from beyond the sea, and perhaps further away still. You do not know why this has happened or what it may mean but you are certain that it is so.

Reverent
You have acquired a reputation for reverence and wisdom. Men and Elves are more likely to listen to your counsel.

Merciful
 You have aquired a reputation for merciful treatment towards the evil men who serve the Enemy. Many of the hardened men who serve you are conflicted by your behavior and suffer a morale penalty. Among the wise, however, your mercy is seen as evidence of high character and you recieve an influence bonus.

Bravery
You have aquired a reputation for bravery in the face of great danger. Your courage is spoken of in both quiet taverns and the halls of the wise. Your deeds inspire your men and they recieve a weekly morale bonus.

Oathkeeper
 You have sworn grim oaths and lived to see them fulfilled. Subsequently you have aquired a reputation as a man of his word. You receive a weekly influence bonus.

Oathbreaker
You have sworn grim oaths and failed to see them through to their conclusion. Subsequently you have aquired a reputation as a man whose passion outstrips his prowess. You receive a weekly influence penalty.

Orc Pit Champion
You have become renowned as a brutal warrior who was able to survive the cruelest of the orcish fighting contests. Such strength is both respected and feared by your black hearted followers and they now receive a weekly morale bonus.

Despoiler
 You have aquired a reputation for leaving behind wanton destruction wherever you travel. Such behavior is valued by the dark powers you serve and your receive a weekly influence bonus.

Accursed
You sense that you have drawn the ire of powers beyond the sea. Your followers sense this doom as well and fear being around you. They receive a weekly morale penalty.

Stealthy
You have developed uncanny skill in the art of stealthy infiltration. You receive a bonus to your stealth rating when undertaking such missions.

Berserker
After many battles where you eschewed the use of armor your ferocious will has become like iron. In battles where you are gravely wounded you will receive a health bonus once per battle. This will not restore you to full strength but may keep you going long after others would have succumbed to their wounds.

Infantry Captain
You have developed uncanny skill in the command of infantry troops. Due to rigorous and specialized training such troops will receive a small health boost, once per battle.

Archery Captain
You have developed uncanny skill in the command of missile troops. Due to rigorous and specialized training such troops will receive a small health boost, once per battle.

Cavalry Captain
You have developed uncanny skill in the command of mounted troops. Due to rigorous and specialized training such troops will receive a small health boost, once per battle.

Command Voice
Your experience with commanding men in the field has lent you an air of authority. The influence cost to give orders to armies in the field has been reduced.

Foe Hammer
Having slain many of the great captains of the enemy you find that you have earned a reputation as a fearsome warrior. Troops under your command now receive a weekly morale bonus. Your experiences have also honed your skill in battle.

Battle Scars
You have suffered horrific wounds during your many campaigns yet you still live to tell the tale. Your scarred and knotted flesh now conspires with hard experience to increase your resistance to injury. While others may find your appearance somewhat shocking your followers consider it an affirmation of your battle experience. They subsequently receive a weekly morale bonus.

Fell Beast
Your hide is riven with the knotted scars of countless battles and your evil will is likewise hard and unyielding. Even by the standards of orc, uruk and troll-kind you are judged a fell and dangerous beast. Those who serve you cry your name in joy when you take to the field. You are an avatar of war itself and there is little you fear.

These are not spoilers, but something that you need to know and should be put into documentation:
- Inf/Arch/Cav Captain
  - reward: healing once per battle, press H to heal up to 20% HP for all your inf/arch/cav troops on the field
- Berserker
  - reward: heal yourself once per battle for up to 20% HP by pressing H

The rest of them you can figure out yourselves, with some luck and skill!

How are traits awarded? Is it a random thing, or a thing where it adds up and eventually you get it?

Reason I ask is one char got Bravery right off, while another has been charging in against 3 to 1 and 4 to 1 odds repeatedly and still isn't considered brave.

Also, I was trying to get the beserker one on a Gondorian soldier, and I fought the first 90 days of the game naked with nothing but a shield and tower spear, sprinting across the map joining every battle I could find and skewering orcs left and right. Must have taken part in a few hundred battles, still no berserker. Is it even possible for Gondor?

There is a level of randomness for each trait, and some traits count how many times you did something.
How to gain traits? Try harder everything! :)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Vert

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
Rewards for harads

Tier 2 Lionslayer:
===map of middle earth===
 +1 pathfinding

tier 3 Snakeharmer
===Eagle guard bow===
-36c
 -speed 96
-accuracy 99

tier 4 Mumakil handler
===Evil Torque====
+1 powerstrike

tier 5 Black Snake Guard
====tulcarsil===
+1 strength

tier 6 (i don't remember)
===Sword of the Great Serpent===
-Swing 50p
-Thrust 45p
-Speed rating 120
_-reach 120
+1 powerstrike when equipped

tier 7 General of the great Desert
===Lion Guard Armor===
+8 Head
+36 Body
+14 Legs

tier 8
===Harad totem===
+1 First Aid
+1 Surgery

Offline Inarius

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 04:42:30 PM »
And what about Khand and Umbar ? Does someone know the rewards ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:48:25 AM by Inarius »

Offline Inarius

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »
Nobody knows ? Really ? I am trying to up my reputation for these two...

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
Only traits I've received so far.

Bravery -  As the description says weekly morale bonus only. 

Foe Hammer - +10 weapon points(to all?), +1 Tactics and weekly morale bonus.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:59:25 AM by LCJr »

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:50 AM »
Wow I'm missing out on traits...

The first game I played lasted a bit over 100 days and all I got was bravery. I remember charging 56 Rhun Axemasters by my self. That's right, 56 hardened Axemasters clad in steel wielding a horrifying two-handed poleaxe, against me, puny guy on a horse with a bow.

BUT HAHAHA I HAVE A HORSE AND BOW, and an inventory box... So I manage to shoot them all to death, replenishing my arrow stock repeatedly...

The second game I played (still playing) is in day 320 or so. This time the only trait I got was Steward's blessing... not even bravery. So yeah can someone tell me how long they've been playing and how many traits they got? I'm really missing out haha.

I just hope my allies keep in that even struggle so no one dies unless I intervene, hopefully I can get faction's rewards that way!

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
I got Foe Hammer somewhere past day 270.  I don't know if it's from fighting a lot of hosts or personally taking down the enemy leaders.

Got Bravery a few months later right after rescuing a caravan.  Never did any solo battles so I suspect you just have to fight a lot of battles where you're outnumbered.

Offline bearlyfunctional

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »
I have Elf Friend, Foe Hammer, Oathkeeper, and Archery Captain and I'm on day 800.

My question is to get King's Man and Steward's blessing, do I just have to up my rating with King Theoden and Steward Denethor respectively, or with Rohan and Gondor in general?