login

Author Topic: Combat realism model  (Read 51503 times)

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Combat realism model
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »
RCM for Native 0.892 Semi-Final.

http://rapidshare.com/files/59655420/RCM_Native_0892_semi-final.zip.html

(Semi-final because I'm not going to bother putting it on the Repository until we're sure there won't be any more bug-fix releases from Taleworlds.)

This is 100% playable, as far as Native goes.  Thanks to everybody who helped me debug it.  The download includes the source code and module.ini, for anyone using it in other mods (which is really what this is about ... I don't really expect that many people to play Native that much).

-----------------------------------

The Native bugs of a number of armors and weapons having no strength requirements - those were left, since changing them could result in some troops being unable to use their equipment.

The bows are a little freaky ... you don't generally benefit from moving up to a larger bow until your power-draw exceeds the limit of the smaller one.  The slight benefit in arrow speed does not make up for the loss of accuracy caused by stiffer requirements.  This is not entirely unrealistic, but it's a little odd for the game.

A lot of changes to AI in M&B .89x - for one, troops actually target horses now.  Makes it a little tougher to use unarmored horse.  I didn't really do that ... I have no control over the AI.  I actually like it, but I didn't do it.

And, as always, questions and bug reports ... send them in, I'll deal with them as I can.