login

Author Topic: TLD 3.23 - Bug Reports  (Read 699385 times)

Offline Rakshash

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.1 - Bug Reports
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »
i captured chief daeglaf the black and had him as my only prisoner (capture enemy commander quest)
as i talked to grimbold of rohan and gave him three rohan troops as reinforcement, chief daeglaf was gone as soon as i closed the dialog.
no log entry about he fled or something
sneaky bastard

Offline GondorKnight

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »
Hello, i want to know how can i recover a reward item cuz i ask for it to king theoden but i had my invetory full so it didnt appear, and i cant ask it again.
any ideas¿?

PD: sry for my english >.<
It should say 'go check your inventory and come back later (you have no space)' or something like that. Literally.
It's almost fool-proof.
So, it may be impossible to help you.

What version you are playing?
im playing M&B 1.011, and 3.1 mod patch. and nop it didnt say anything about "you have no space"
So that may be a valid bug indeed.
Let's wait for the team to answer or solve this. :)

Offline SonOfNiall

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:09 pm »
Hi,
Got a strange bug on the oathkeeper/oathbreaker trait and quest. I get a daily notification that the quest has been concluded or failed and am asked to talk to, well myself for to complete the quest. Tried both variations of the quest, same result. The appropriete trait shows up though, doesn't seem to do anything. Also, upon failure if I seek out another burial mound I've only got the option to pay respects or leave - though I've read that the only way to get rid of the trait is to try again with an oath.
Playing on 3.12 with the recruitment mod on.

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2012, 10:34:22 pm »
When attacking the main rhun camp all units spawn in the same area creating a MASSIVE brawl for about 15 seconds :) On the good news I finally elimited a faction!

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2012, 01:55:27 pm »
Seperate bug report, I lost Cirdil due to not having enough RP >< So I go to collect him at Gondor and all he says is "Surrender or Die, make your choice" when i try to talk to him. This is making it rather hard to reclaim him ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:59:02 pm by Pingpong »

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2012, 05:45:40 am »
Hi,
Got a strange bug on the oathkeeper/oathbreaker trait and quest. I get a daily notification that the quest has been concluded or failed and am asked to talk to, well myself for to complete the quest. Tried both variations of the quest, same result. The appropriete trait shows up though, doesn't seem to do anything. Also, upon failure if I seek out another burial mound I've only got the option to pay respects or leave - though I've read that the only way to get rid of the trait is to try again with an oath.
Playing on 3.12 with the recruitment mod on.

I have the exact same thing. I get a daily quest succeeded notification. Trait is gained but it doesn't seem to give me anything. Haven't had a second lord die on me so far so I can't verify the last part.

Playing on 3.13 with RCM.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:28:35 pm by hayate666 »

Filip

Dialogue problem
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2012, 08:05:50 am »
When i ask an companion to join me i can just answer str npc2 singup response 1 or 2.Is it a bug or what ?

Offline Talinn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2012, 08:45:01 am »
Same here.
I got Oathkeeper several times, and Oathbreaker once due to lack of Dunlanders to kill (you really have to be choosy as to whether you tak ethe oath, since it's impossible to fulfill if the relevant faction doesn't generate enough parties: I killed off 5 lord's parties and two smaller parties, but this wasn't enough. I really think it should be based on combat value killed rather than number of parties).

I always get daily notification of quest completed/failed.

Offline Opacity

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2012, 10:32:15 am »
Bugged quest:
"Deal with rogue goblins"
From Khand Camp Chief

I wait till nighttime and reenter the camp get "ambushed", kill the 2 goblins, but the scene doesn't end and i can't leave. So i'm forced to alt + F4 :(

Playing 3.1 with the 3.13 hotfix
submods: warband animations, companion recruit costs, female armor

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2012, 11:29:50 am »
Just lost a 650+ day game to save file corruption, I've tried renaming it etc. Any other options? On the plus side I figured out that dwarves+ forest totally negate wargs :D Mirkwood ftw!

Offline Talinn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2012, 02:12:46 pm »
Bugged quest:
"Deal with rogue goblins"
From Khand Camp Chief

I wait till nighttime and reenter the camp get "ambushed", kill the 2 goblins, but the scene doesn't end and i can't leave. So i'm forced to alt + F4 :(

Playing 3.1 with the 3.13 hotfix
submods: warband animations, companion recruit costs, female armor

It's currently bugged, you can leave via the edge of town, but quest will eventually fail.

Offline Carthean

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2012, 06:53:44 pm »
I like this mod so much, but the one thing that frustrates me above all else is the crashing and save file corruption.

Usually I crash due to something called 'RGL vertex error'.

I can at least restart the game, although that is annoying. What really grinds my gears is when the file is corrupted and I lose all that progress. This has happened three times at different intervals. One was at day 246, as a Gondorian. I lost hope on that one, so I started a new game. Corrupted at 343 days. I started a Black Numenorean, corrupted on day 202 (just as I crushed Gondor and was crushing Rohan.  >:( ).

It seems to corrupt in different ways, though. Two out of three corrupted files just crash in the loading screen outright, and another crashes immediately if I try to move my party even a little bit on the world map.

Is there any reason for this? It's extremely frustrating to lose all that progress after grinding down so many parties and factions.

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »
I think I've identified a major game-breaking bug.

On day 320, the month on the bottom right corner changes from "Tuilere (Spring Day)" to "Vinesse(sp?) UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN" When this happens, if you have any quests in your log at all, opening the quest log will crash the game. If you have no quests, you can continue playing. However, if you even receive one quest and decides to check the log while the quest is not completed, game will crash.

This is really unfortunate given my 300+ days invested into this campaign. I'm guessing this should be an easy fix though right? Just replace UNREGONIZED TOKEN with some legit month/season or whatever? If it's simple can someone please show me how to fix it??

EDIT: okay did a little testing. If you wait out the month, eventually a new one called "Lotisse" will begin. When that month begins, you can start/complete quests and access quest log with no problem. So I'm pretty sure it's just the UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN that when you try to display on the quest log that causes the crash. For example, a quest I get from Denethor in Sulime can be finished and viewed during the UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN month, but any quest I start during that month will crash the quest log if viewed.

So a forceful solution would be to just never get quests that month, or if you do, NEVER OPEN QUEST LOG. Tough if out and things should go back to normal. Otherwise, maybe someone still knows what entry to fix. If so please let us know, I'd really appreciate it!

Do you have 3.13 installed? It's supposed to fix this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:01:02 am by Merlkir »

Offline bearlyfunctional

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 02, 2012, 09:18:00 am »
I think I've identified a major game-breaking bug.

On day 320, the month on the bottom right corner changes from "Tuilere (Spring Day)" to "Vinesse(sp?) UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN" When this happens, if you have any quests in your log at all, opening the quest log will crash the game. If you have no quests, you can continue playing. However, if you even receive one quest and decides to check the log while the quest is not completed, game will crash.

This is really unfortunate given my 300+ days invested into this campaign. I'm guessing this should be an easy fix though right? Just replace UNREGONIZED TOKEN with some legit month/season or whatever? If it's simple can someone please show me how to fix it??

EDIT: okay did a little testing. If you wait out the month, eventually a new one called "Lotisse" will begin. When that month begins, you can start/complete quests and access quest log with no problem. So I'm pretty sure it's just the UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN that when you try to display on the quest log that causes the crash. For example, a quest I get from Denethor in Sulime can be finished and viewed during the UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN month, but any quest I start during that month will crash the quest log if viewed.

So a forceful solution would be to just never get quests that month, or if you do, NEVER OPEN QUEST LOG. Tough if out and things should go back to normal. Otherwise, maybe someone still knows what entry to fix. If so please let us know, I'd really appreciate it!

Do you have 3.13 installed? It's supposed to fix this.

The problem is that at least one of the mods is compatible with the current version, but was made before the quest fix. It's a very simple fix, I remember doing it myself instead of reinstalling 3.13

Just copy

str_january_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Narvinyë_{reg1}_(Jan)
str_february_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Nénimë_{reg1}_(Feb)
str_march_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Súlìmë_{reg1}_(Mar)
str_april_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Víressë_{reg1}_(Apr)
str_may_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Lótessë_{reg1}_(May)
str_june_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Náríë_{reg1}_(Jun)
str_july_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Cermië_{reg1}_(Jul)
str_august_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Urimë_{reg1}_(Aug)
str_september_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Yavannië_{reg1}_(Sep)
str_october_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Narquelië_{reg1}_(Oct)
str_november_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Hísimë_{reg1}_(Nov)
str_december_reg1_reg2 T.A.{reg2},_Ringarë_{reg1}_(Dec)
str_calendar_spec_day_1 T.A.{reg2},_Yestarë_(First_Day)
str_calendar_spec_day_2 T.A.{reg2},_Tuilérë_(Spring_Day)
str_calendar_spec_day_3 T.A.{reg2},_Loëndë_(Midyear's_Day)
str_calendar_spec_day_4 T.A.{reg2},_Yáviérë_(Harvest_Day)
str_calendar_spec_day_5 T.A.{reg2},_Mettarë_(Last_Day)

over the appropriate text in strings.txt . It's only a little way down. That should fix the problem, but only for quests you receive AFTER you make the fix. This way you won't have to reinstall any mods/redo any changes you may have made.

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 02, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »
Had this one pop up today but can't tell it affected anything.

Lord Bard of Dale was defeated in battle
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1506:Invalid Troop ID: 154201516: Line No: 11
AI Game Triggers trigger no:19 consequences
AI Game Triggers trigger no:19 consequences