login

Author Topic: TLD 3.23 - Bug Reports  (Read 699382 times)

Offline ghanburighan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.1 - Bug Reports
« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:17 am »
Parties stuck:

Offline arctic

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:04 pm »
Hi,

The game has repeatedly crashed when I save my game after a large battle (involving 200ish or more troops total, not a large 'battlesize'). So once I finish the battle, I can wait, travel, go inside a town but as soon as I hit save after that large battle, it crashes. I'll keep a look out for the error message when it happens again.

Also, this could have to do with the battle AI, my Lorien scouts keep advancing even when I tell archers to hold. Maybe its because they are "scouting" but they run straight into the enemy and die.

This is a native MnB AI issue. If you order archers to "Hold Fire" immediately, they'll quickly return to their posts. You can then tell them to "Shoot at will"

Thanks!

EDIT:

I've gotten the first bug I mentioned 3 or 4 times since I posted this alone and when I Windows key to close M&B, the error box disappears
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:39:29 pm by arctic »

Offline CharnowC182

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2012, 05:47:19 pm »
I just installed TLD and upon trying to load the game the first time i crash with an error of RGL ERROR: get_skeleton_anim failed for: slashright_twohanded.

I did try to use the warband animations to original mount and blade mod

Offline Sarkemm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »
Hi!

I have a problem, the game crashes for no apparent reason after roughly 10 min. of playing and displays error message that says "Sorry no data found!"
I didn't find anything for this type of error.

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2012, 10:23:21 pm »
Is my game corrupt now?

I'm on day 201, it's been weeks since Gondor's armies have done anything! Imrahil stopped calling lords to him. And all he does is bring his 16 or so Swordsmen to siege Umbar's camp... I vaguely remember seeing two lines of error code way back in day 160. At the time I didn't think anything of it, mostly because it didn't crash my game or anything. But is it possible my scripts have been corrupted?

I mean I've managed to raise Gondor's strength to over 9900, and Umbar's strength is below 1000 now... Still none of the lords do anything but patrol around their cities. And Imrahil just sieges Umbar over and over again with a dozen dudes. Help please!

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2012, 05:54:03 am »
Minor bug:

While playing as a Moria orc. With the easter egg in Moria (the book and such) I get a "enter castle" prompt when I look at it. When I press F to do so, the game crashes. I don't know what is supposed to happen when you look at the book, so I don't know which part is bugged.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:57 pm »
Funny bug - when the player or an NPC stands (from inside the fortress) at the gate of Cair Andros (don't know about other towns) that is being breached, he can be thrown away through the entire map and fall near its edge.

Oh, and the camera cannot be used after the Backspace menu was open in a siege. After you've used the menu and died, you're stuck  at one place, no possibility to watch the battle.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:32:59 pm by Rene Korda »

Offline Carthean

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »
When I was conquering Gondor as a Black Numenorean, I thought it was rather funny (and later rather annoying) that when you break down the gate in a siege map, the Gondorian soldiers on the other side catapult into various nooks and crannies in the fortress.

Offline Cardinal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:33 am »
Hello!

I've got an issue with joining allied battles - it seems that strenght of friendly hosts aren't taken into consideration. So when fighting bigger battles my BA falls far below zero, even though allied forces are actually present. Is it a bug, or a feature?

It is most likely not related to the rank levels - I'm at least known to all friendly parties (I play as an Mirkwood elf (day 197), so I also checked after Thranduil - visible on the first screenshot - joins battle: no difference). Is there any way to remedy this?

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »
Minor and amusing bug I've noticed with AI formations, there's usually one infantryman that moves with the formation but they stay about 200m+ to the right of the formation.

Few things I've noticed in siege scenes.  Doubt if much can be done given M&B's pathfinding.

West Enmet, attackers and defenders pretty much ignore the ramp to the right(from defenders perspective) of the gate.  On one occasion I watched an orc kill the last defender on the wall then turn around and walk back down to the ramp.

Cair Andros, again issues with the right hand(from defenders perspective) ramp.  Once the attackers reach the wall they don't advance and just stand on the wall in front of the ramp.  Have a screenshot if that's not clear.  Also directly below the right ramp you get attackers and defenders bunching up on both sides of the wall.

Corsair Camp, attackers have a hard time down the ship ramps.

Offline Rakshash

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »
some things i noticed when fiddling with the item_kinds1.txt and troops.txt

-dunedain scouts and tracker don't have guarantee ranged ticked which has the consequence that they are considered infantry

-some of the different warg and wolfriders have powerdraw instead of powerthrow

some items and models have displaced lod versions e.g.

-the wargs are left of the riders when quite small
-rivendell short swords or something like that are half man height below the hand when farther away

regards and congrats to this astounding mod, my personal favorite

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2012, 08:26:52 am »
East Emnet siege scene has a couple issues.  On the attackers side several are spawning in an area they can't exit.  Player can't reach them but they can be shot.  Sometimes when shooting them one will 'teleport' into the playable area.

For the defenders you have several troops getting stuck or spawning on the roofs around the spawn point.  Not so bad for skirmishers not good for infantry.

Question, is the gate just show in this scene?

Offline infractor10

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »
Hello, i want to know how can i recover a reward item cuz i ask for it to king theoden but i had my invetory full so it didnt appear, and i cant ask it again.
any ideas¿?

PD: sry for my english >.<

Offline GondorKnight

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2012, 03:11:06 am »
Hello, i want to know how can i recover a reward item cuz i ask for it to king theoden but i had my invetory full so it didnt appear, and i cant ask it again.
any ideas¿?

It should say 'go check your inventory and come back later (you have no space)' or something like that. Literally.
It's almost fool-proof.
So, it may be impossible to help you.

What version you are playing?

Offline infractor10

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2012, 03:08:11 pm »
any ideas¿?

It should say 'go check your inventory and come back later (you have no space)' or something like that. Literally.
It's almost fool-proof.
So, it may be impossible to help you.

What version you are playing?
im playing M&B 1.011, and 3.1 mod patch. and nop it didnt say anything about "you have no space"