login

Author Topic: TLD 3.23 - Bug Reports  (Read 374257 times)

Offline TwojWujek

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
TLD 3.23 - Bug Reports
« on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
Hi guys. Enjoying the mod right now and only 1 thing spoils my fun - I get runtime errors of the m&b  .exe file. It happens in transitions between phases of a battle, very often when i am close to the end (e.g. last time it was 100v. 250 and the error popped out when I clicked charge at the screen before the last phases which was 90 v. 7). The game freezes and a window pops out with the error, then m&b closes.

Me spec is: intel 2500 K oc/ed to 4400, Nvidia asus 570, 8gb ram and win7 64 bit. I though it is due to too high video settings so I toned it down ( the game says is 80% performance with no ragdolls, 10 bodies and 100 battle size, all other options max except grass density) but still happens.

The error never turns up during small battles, only with large ones with several phases.

Please help.

I would like to ask at the same time about the battle size - I hear people have 200 or 300 even whereas my slider goes up only to the standard 100- how to have more?

Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:33:49 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: mount and blade.exe runtime error
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
Are you using MB Enhanced? I've never heard of this type of crash from anyone in this forum or the other :(

Offline TwojWujek

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »
I guess so, I will double check later but I made a fresh install and downloaded only the enhanced version from the link TLD team provided so I guess its an enhanced version.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »
I had constant crashing too, but thanks to this tweak from the sticky about crashing and optimization, my game is now rock-solid at max settings;

•(warning: This option is only for skilled computer users!!) - If you have Win7 and enhanced version (M&B.exe 2.0Mb in size) try set it as "Large Address Aware". E.g. by using CFF explorer to edit exe under 'File Header>Characteristics>click here> and check "app can handle >2gb address space", (hat tip Barf)

I too have an Nvidia card and win 7. Apparently there's a problem with win 7 and M&B enhanced.

Offline TwojWujek

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
That seems to have fixed this, thx.

Still, anyone can tell me how to get the battle size over 100?

Offline Xatham

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:37:58 PM »
Search for a mod called "Battlesizer" :) you open it outside of of MB, it allows you to change battle size between 100 and 1000. :)

Be sure to get the one for M&B, as opposed to Warband or With Fire and Sword

Offline Oyclo

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
I had constant crashing too, but thanks to this tweak from the sticky about crashing and optimization, my game is now rock-solid at max settings;

I too have an Nvidia card and win 7. Apparently there's a problem with win 7 and M&B enhanced.

Ditto.  Prior I'd crash 1-2 times an hour.  Played two days without a crash now.

Offline TwojWujek

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:10 AM »
thx Xatham!:)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
TLD 3.1 - Bug Reports
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
Before reporting "RGL ERROR: get_shader failed for: windy_flora", or writing being messed up, or being unable to hit enemies make sure you did the installation procedure correctly. Check FAQ. And run IronLauncher.exe from your mod folder, instead of running mount&blade.exe from MB folder.

While posting a bug report, please state at least the following:
1) type of the bug (such as "CTD/weird item/balancing issue...etc.") like this: "CTD"
2) action you were performing when the bug appeared. (equipping items, talking to a smith, killing a warg, having a huge battle ... etc.)
3) if it's a one time thing, or if you managed to repeat the bug - tell us how to replicate the bug in our game. Nore that info about how to replicate bug is the most helpful bugreporting part for us.
4) your computer specification - especially if the bug is a performance issue. (CPU, amount of RAM, GPU, if you have a sound card, OS...)

---------
Known bugs
0. Random crashes in big battles - will be less random as we slowly optimize more and more. For now, lower your graphics settings, switch off ragdolls, make sure you run enhanced MB1.011
0.1 DX7 is not tested at all - there should be loads of visual bugs there
1. Many trees do not have collisions - working on it, partly MB bug.
2. Flower meshes sometimes generate flipped on side in Lossarnach, Edoras, elven settlements - we are still hunting that one.
3. Mountain backdrops not appropriate to geography  in some battlescenes - working on those
4. month Viresse causes bugs with quest window fixed in next patch
5. attackers/defenders spawn/traverse in wrong places in sieges: Eastfold, Esgaroth, Umbar camp, Tarnost fixed in next patch
6. Half of riders charge to enemies then stop there
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:47:38 PM by GetAssista »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Branko

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.1 - Bug Reports
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »
Hunt down fugitive quest is bugged, seems the fugitive hitbox is screwed up. Tried it several times , but my attacks pass through him 90-95 percent of the time. I managed to hit him once,in the head I believe.
Used 3.0 -> 3.1 patch.
Fugitive in question is a suspicious elf, quest given by Halbarad, playing as Dunedain.

Hitting everyone else is fine?

Yes, tested on Tribal orcs and Dunish men, they die as intended & hitbox detetection works (tried headshots, bodyshots and melee).
Also tried to Ctrl+F4 fugitive, got an instant CTD.
Guess I'll pass the fugitive missions in this version,or maybe I'll try the full install later today.

edit: I tried to replicate it and the fugitive got killed properly.

Did you install a full version, or did you patch a version? Which one? 3.0, or 3.01? Are you using the Iron Launcher, or the manual install? (if you used a manual install before, you need to copy the same files again! Because they've been updated!)

Fixed it. It was 3.01 btw.
I moved the files from patch\Data to M&B\Modules\TLD\Data\ instead of M&B\Common Res, M&B\Data\ and M&B\.
Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks for the quick reply.
Feel free to delete this post or write Read the damn FAQ in giant red letters.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:03:05 AM by Branko »

Offline Elgalas

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
Thank you very mutch for this patch!

I saw two bug in my new game with a galadhrim elve.
The first was that I couldn't make any damages, nor my opponents to me, for training in barracks (which is a problem because I couldn't use Tab to quit the scene so I had to Alt-F4) and also for the mission "kill the bandit", but damages seem to work correctly in battle.

Also the second is a little but I had a mission to hunt a villain which was named Nerwen of "Cirith Ungol Woods" (and he was a elve), which is .. hem.. strange :p

PS: I copied over a 3.01 version

EDIT:  I had another battle with orcs, me and my men could hit them but them couldn't hit me, and I think my men neither (who are galadhrim also). Actually all the bug were with elves in my game (but I only encountered elves and orcs)

Are you using the Iron Launcher, or the manual install? (if you used a manual install before, you need to copy the same files again! Because they've been updated!)

EDIT² : Yes I used the manual install and didn't copy the Data files, thank you for the help, I hope it will solve it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:56:23 AM by Elgalas »

Offline Delta_02_Cat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »
I made a fresh install with 3.1 full, started a new game with a gondorian soldier and fought 1-2 skirmishes against tribal orks, no crashes happend in this time.

I am on Day 4 now and the last thing I did was hiring some Gondor guardsmen in Cair Andros, now after leaving Cair Andros it takes about 4 seconds then M&B crashes, everytime.

Offline Gaxleep

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
Fresh M&B 1.011 enhanced version installed only for TLD.
Downloaded the full version 3.1
Day 6.
I use Ironlauncher with administrator rights.
Reached Aldburg can't go to Edoras, the game kick me to the desktop.
Using IronLauncher.
TLD V.3.1
Amd Athlon x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.41ghz
3 Gb ram
Nivida GTX 295 1gb ram
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 64bit

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »
Any crash messages?
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Delta_02_Cat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »
No, just a standard windows message.