Author Topic: I think I found a problem with ship-to-ship cannon combat...  (Read 6427 times)

itm_shiny_mail_breaker

I think I found a problem with ship-to-ship cannon combat...
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:13:12 am »
I finally took a look at this mod; and so far I really like it, other than it being insanely hard to wrack up more than 400 denars in the first three hours of playing or so, without dieing and losing loads.

But I've found one glancing error with the combat system. I went to test out one of my new galleons (one of them... Ships are way easier to get than denars in this mod XD). I tested my galleon on a ketch, and a galleon has 40 cannons, whereas a ketch has 10. I started with 200hp and got knocked down to 80 playing shot-for-shot with the ketch; this means that I took 12 shots, 12 x 40 = 480. If I recall correctly, a ketch has 100hp. So, if I've done 480 damage, why hasn't it sunken yet?

I resolved the battle by closing in and slaughtering them with some boarding action, but I really wouldn't mind sitting back and blaring away at my opponents with heavy artillery -- so long as they actually DIE some time. =)

Pellidon

Re: I think I found a problem with ship-to-ship cannon combat...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:29:48 am »
i just don't even bother with using cannons, i just click "move closer and board" over and over, and then fight on the decks. then it works like mount&blade was designed, two armies fighting. but when the new update comes out, it won't really matter, because ship to ship combat's going to be a lot more advanced.

itm_shiny_mail_breaker

Ah, oh well...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 12:45:43 pm »
Yoshiboy, if you're aware of this problem, then please fix it for the next version, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, sometimes, if I board their ship and kill them all (or knock em out, whatever I please =)) sometimes I don't get their ship whilst sailing away. Is this a bug or did I do something to sink it/harm it beyond repair unknowingly?

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 02:13:04 pm »
I think the intership combat is going to be radically different in the next version so wait and see.

hatimkh

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:25 pm »
I would be amazed even more if yoshiboy manages to make ship to ship combat real time and you actually control the ship I can't see this happeneing to mount & blade to be honest.

Brigadier Hussey

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 05:07:40 pm »
He's already done it.

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:57:02 pm »
He's already done it.

Is it actually real time? I thought it was turn based. A remarkable achievement to create a visual representation of ship battle in this engine in any case.

Pellidon

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 06:12:13 pm »
well, the current release doesn't have it, but what the next version will have real time, just check out the screenshot page.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:50:38 am by Pellidon »

Alec{zacool}

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 10:04:20 pm »
He's already done it.

Really??? Cool. I can Imagine Seadogs (a pirate game) kind of fighting except you have men on the decks, and you can board ANY way you want... Man I feel good now!

-Yours

Alec{zacool}

P.S. Sorry about the time difference.
P.S.S. Seadogs was a kinda crappy game... to me that is.

hatimkh

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 09:39:36 pm »
Trust me those screenshots don't mean hes done real time combat they are great though.