Author Topic: Thanks for making TLD!  (Read 44974 times)

Offline pagan

• Master
  • TLD Composer
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for making TLD!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2011, 04:46:42 AM »
On behalf of the TLD team, i'd like to thank everyone for voting in the MOTY awards. I think we had a very good result. A public beta realesed 2 months before voting commenced, a little indie game up against big communities like half life, total war, TES and GTA and we finished 8th overall.

That's pretty impressive. well done to the guys, and the fans. we should all be proud!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2011, 06:06:17 AM »
Pagan speaks the truth. You guys rock!
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Vercingetorix

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
On behalf of the TLD team, i'd like to thank everyone for voting in the MOTY awards. I think we had a very good result. A public beta realesed 2 months before voting commenced, a little indie game up against big communities like half life, total war, TES and GTA and we finished 8th overall.

That's pretty impressive. well done to the guys, and the fans. we should all be proud!

Good work! I think in the modding community a great mod will stand out and become popular no matter what game it is based on. And Mount and Blade is obviously a great fit for LOTR.

Offline Delta_02_Cat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »
This is  such a great mod! :)

The textures and models are so great and well done and so untypical these days for a LOTR mod ;)
The scenes are also very atmospheric and very well made.

Can't wait to really play this mod when the A.I problems and bugs are solved :)

Offline Banok

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »
congrats guys you deserve it.

Offline pagan

• Master
  • TLD Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
thanks all

and to spread the good cheer the new year will bring in a patch, and a complete soundtrack overhaul to increase your playing pleasure!

Offline Dwarf

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:03 AM »
Thanks for this mod. I've played and completed the older TLD version as well. It was pretty bare then.
I didn't reach 200 days and experience the savegame bug as I got tired of camping outside Moria as an elf. Rhun got destroyed while I was camping though. Love the sieges, even reload a few times to replay them. Might want to consider letting players siege, fun > balance imo (esp when we are at the mercy of the AI). Whenever there is a siege I like to run over and take part in them. I also didn't have any crashes while playing but I restrict battles to 100 people.
7/10, will give +3 when the mod is completed.

Offline Mage246

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:29 AM »

Only one question though, does anyone know why enemy armies and my own forces can travel through Osgiliath and Cair Andros without having to defeat the garrison on the other side? It's like the city wasn't there at all.

How do you suggest we fix this?

Well, this would be clumsy and a bit time-consuming to navigate, but would it be possible to do it by placeholders? The path is completely blocked off, but there's a gate on each side. You enter the gate on one side and enter a battlefield/town/whatever you call them, then walk to the other side of that scene in order to exit on the other side/transition to the scene that connects to the other side.
Natural barriers spoil AI Pathfinding unfortunately. And no easy workaround

Anyway, the real reason why I entered this thread was to leave my thanks for a job well done. There's still work to be done and more grinding than necessary, but let's just say that hasn't stopped me from being sleep-deprived and on day 509 of my most recent game!
No crashes? Good... good. And thank you very much! =)

Oh yes, crashes galore! But not so often that it ruins the game, and starting it back up doesn't seem to take as long as it used to. Frequent saving also helps. I'm actually playing right now without the ability to open my quest tab, but I hear you're gonna be fixing that!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:01:56 PM by Mage246 »

Offline Mage246

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
The hotfix for the quest window bug just made my day. Thanks! So much easier than memorizing all of my quests :D.

Offline hisuphola

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
4.5 questions and a THanks for the mod
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:52 AM »
THanks a bunch for the mod, tried it out long long ago when it was a youngen, and I will not deny the fact I hated it compared to a few other mods, but always knew it had great promise so came back to it, and am 100% glad I did and now find this to be in the top 4 mods  :shock: for all of Mount and Blade.

Any who :D the 4 questions I have are:

1) Is their a purpose to the low / usable quaility metals besides the chance of getting a quest asking for them ? Just don't see to much need for the tiny bit of "$" you can get by selling to "blacksmithes", though am pretty happy with their prices as they should not be worth much.

2) Is it safe to use the troop editor to change human and maybe elf males -> females and modify some soldiers as to what they can use (Plan to try to in far future on my 2nd playthrough as that is just what I do to make things more interesting and to make soldiers more unique and more their own person) --> Also know this is against the lore as women were not allowed to fight and armies used mass produced gear, but it what I do in most mods in this game when can.

3) Does Isengard (and the other non-human) forces use Supply trains, asking because I can't see to find any for Isengard (and I have a quest to take out 3) and only briefly looked at Mordor. (I used Ctrl T, and waited a day, and did read tiny things saying that there is I think from small bits of others posts -> using search function)

4) Is there anyplace that lists all the secrets, assuming there is more besides the being Mordor Troll Cave thing, if that is one even lol.  (another thing I plan to try and find out so that either when this playthrough 90+% completed or somepoint 2nd playthough can go and look and enjoy. (read only 1 post, that said there was secrets though was not confirmed other than saying the troll cave). -----> I don't totaly need the exact information, as secretive things can be fun, I just want to make sure I enjoy them all as they should be.
 ---> 4.5) and also is there a list for companions (Think I remember a list on an old forum or something, though unsure) --> only plan to use it for somepoint 2nd or maybe even 3rd, as I love and do think they should be hard to find/get and am sooooo happy to finaly not just be able to go to every town and hit their cantinas to get them all. ---> though for some of them I wish they had a bit more programming as them waiting in 1 spot 24/7 does not make a whole lot of sense, though obviously pretend they go out and do w/e and just hear you in town so go to the spot, but just from the very few I have found and their story and what not, like Glorfindel I thought was going to go out and join the war (become a general maybe even) after a certain time, but does not seem to even if the enemy is at the gates -> which is the next part I wish they would put up a fight if the enemy is at their gate / seigeing and have a tiny chance of surviving and retreating to their next most likely place of being.

Any ways really sorry about all the rant and ton of reading / words I typed, wish I posted this earlier I probably could have cleaned it up much more and everything, but was busy playing it  :)
   THanks again so much for this mod, again this is top 4 of all the mods I have read/played/seen/etc... over the years and I have probably played/read almost all of them (Never got Fire/Sword or Warband, only talking of Vanilla M&B).  :lol: .

Offline ghanburighan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 4.5 questions and a THanks for the mod
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 04:55:34 AM »
1) Is their a purpose to the low / usable quaility metals besides the chance of getting a quest asking for them ? Just don't see to much need for the tiny bit of "$" you can get by selling to "blacksmithes", though am pretty happy with their prices as they should not be worth much.

Only at the very start of the game. Initially I am always struggling to buy better equipment, and every penny counts. Later of course, I leave the junk on the battlefield. I think it adds to the realism that you don't take worthless materials that only slow you down. Anyway, the ratio of good/lower quality stuff you get for defeating larger armies is quite high, so most of it is good quality.

3) Does Isengard (and the other non-human) forces use Supply trains, asking because I can't see to find any for Isengard (and I have a quest to take out 3) and only briefly looked at Mordor. (I used Ctrl T, and waited a day, and did read tiny things saying that there is I think from small bits of others posts -> using search function)

Yes Isengard and Mordor have supply trains (and elves too). However, I think the amount of parties spawned depends on the faction strength. In my game, Mordor and Isengard are unmatched. If you have seriously weakened Isengard, supply trains may become rare.

EDIT I forgot: Actually, the place to ask questions is in this thread: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2479.0.html
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:57:44 AM by ghanburighan »

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
Best mod ever guys, thanks for your hard work! :green:

Offline Wowwars

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2012, 04:30:56 AM »
best mod i played so far except for TATW and Warcraft 3 but still top for M&B series.

only problem really is game crashing (not battles or sieges, but like in good parts where u just rally an army to face a common enemy qq)

Offline Carthean

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
This mod is easily the most impressive I've seen in sheer size and scope. You guys have done very well, especially since you're not professionally doing this.  8)

Offline Opacity

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Just wanted to voice my appreciation, it's an amazing mod!

Thank you for your hard work in making this :)