login

Poll

Would like the proposed prices to be used in RCM?

Yes
6 (85.7%)
No
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 12, 2012, 06:36:37 AM

Author Topic: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads  (Read 471006 times)

Offline Strategyman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
IS RCM compatible with Speed/stability fix?
« Reply #825 on: December 13, 2013, 03:12:18 AM »
I'm wondering if they are compatible, the last time I used both of them the war wouldn't start on two saves after hours of game play. Now that may not have been the cause, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had success using both of them.

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
Re: IS RCM compatible with Speed/stability fix?
« Reply #826 on: December 13, 2013, 10:39:55 AM »
Afaik RCM hasn't been updated since a couple versions ago, so likely there would be conflicts.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 13, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
In the last page of the RCM thread you can find a version compatible with TLD 3.23, though I don't know if it works with the coldfix. I've been using the Speed and Stability mod for a long time now and some months ago I tried RCM briefly and didn't have any problems (I only removed it because it didn't suit my preferences). So I guess there's a chance it will work for you as well.

Offline Strategyman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »
Well I played it without problems with the two mods on my old save(might be from 3.22 but most prob from 3.23) using the newest version. But for late into playing(94days) Gondor Beorn was destroyed, so Gandalf comes to talk to me, shortly after I get app crashes now with no apparent cause, the same damned thing happens on my back up save.

Welp thats all screwed. 99% sure the mods have nothing to do with it, and that this is some internal error. Going to try and make up a clean install and try to avoid having an entire save wasted, and to make sure it just isn't an unavoidable save corruption. Its weird though, it happens after me talking to gandalf, like a day later, so it might have nothing to do with the faction destruction event!

Any of you mind trying out the save to see if it happens for you?

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
Well I played it without problems with the two mods on my old save(might be from 3.22 but most prob from 3.23) using the newest version. But for late into playing(94days) Gondor Beorn was destroyed, so Gandalf comes to talk to me, shortly after I get app crashes now with no apparent cause, the same damned thing happens on my back up save.

Welp thats all screwed. 99% sure the mods have nothing to do with it, and that this is some internal error. Going to try and make up a clean install and try to avoid having an entire save wasted, and to make sure it just isn't an unavoidable save corruption. Its weird though, it happens after me talking to gandalf, like a day later, so it might have nothing to do with the faction destruction event!

Any of you mind trying out the save to see if it happens for you?

Can you confirm what version you have of TLD please?  I would really like to install the speed and stability mod, but haven't done so as I was not sure that it was fully integratable after the coldfix.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Strategyman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 16, 2013, 01:23:55 AM »
3.23 without cold fix, also the crash I have found out is caused by saving, a few moments later and BAM appcrash! How in the nine hells has this happened!? Can anyone give me a work around? I'll upload the save later to make sure this has nothing to do with my OS getting in the way.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 16, 2013, 08:35:34 AM »
3.23 without cold fix, also the crash I have found out is caused by saving, a few moments later and BAM appcrash! How in the nine hells has this happened!? Can anyone give me a work around? I'll upload the save later to make sure this has nothing to do with my OS getting in the way.

S&M

I gave a few suggestions already for save games.  There is no real fix that I know of at present.  Some believe its due to too many parties being on the map.  I've noticed that my games get corrupted when I save right after a major event (e.g. death of a faction).

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Strategyman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 16, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
Ahh my bad, On my new save I started today I have multiple backups at every step/event. So thanks anyways for replying. Also Elves/Dwarves in RCM are OP! I'm currently running around as a Dunedian equiped with a warpick, do 30-80 dmg on armored trolls! And not too long ago I won a battle 735v106(me) with all my Elven coalition army and only lost 5 guys! INSANE! And don't get me started on maxed out dwarves with their war axes! I'm quite tempted to send half my fortune their way and make the other half of my army dwarf!

Didn't have it this easy as Gondor, Elven armor gets up to 75 only costing around 4000 RSP, while the best Gondor can muster for 3000 is 55! Atleast they had Lossnarch and Axe's, that was a real saver for my sieges. But alas I can't play it anymore :(.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 24, 2013, 05:49:14 AM »
Apart from the troops, items and army composition files RCM only updates the module.ini file and only a small part of it, highlighted and easy to copy-paste into another module.ini file. So unless you're trying to combine it with another troop or item mod you should be fine. Also, RCM is updated and current, the latest version can be downloaded via the link on the last page of the RCM thread.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 24, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
Ahh my bad, On my new save I started today I have multiple backups at every step/event. So thanks anyways for replying. Also Elves/Dwarves in RCM are OP! I'm currently running around as a Dunedian equiped with a warpick, do 30-80 dmg on armored trolls! And not too long ago I won a battle 735v106(me) with all my Elven coalition army and only lost 5 guys! INSANE! And don't get me started on maxed out dwarves with their war axes! I'm quite tempted to send half my fortune their way and make the other half of my army dwarf!

Didn't have it this easy as Gondor, Elven armor gets up to 75 only costing around 4000 RSP, while the best Gondor can muster for 3000 is 55! Atleast they had Lossnarch and Axe's, that was a real saver for my sieges. But alas I can't play it anymore :(.

Are you using full damage modifiers? Or maybe small battlesize, so the battles restart all the time and your archers never run out of arrows? 735 vs. 106 losing only 5 sounds a bit far-fetched, even with the Elves.

RCM does change the balance between factions, mainly due to how important armor becomes in conditions of verisimilitude. The low-armored troops are considerably weaker with it. That's why Rhun troops are mostly armored in RCM vs. them being unarmored in vanilla, otherwise the balance in Northern battles would be too skewed.

Offline Strategyman

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 24, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
No I have an army of mid-high tier elves and I eat orcs for breakfest, even Uruk-Hai. And Olog-hai became a joke after I got my Imaldris decorated armor.

The high armor ratings combined with the shields(this is the same for archers at high tier) makes them die at such low rates, as long as you have at least a skill level of 5 in surgery. On average I'll have 5-10 wounded. This is with me using kiting tactics and all, it starts to even out how I'm outnumbered.

The only place I lost alot of elven troops was on Pelenor fields 300(me+Prince Imrahil)vs. 1085(harad,umbar,Mordor), which was only 34 out of my 106. Also I don't always run around with a full party, I usually station my troops elsewhere and pull them when I need them for large battles or a scrap metal run.

P.S. I use battle sizes of 337, so in outnumberred battles its insane that I'll only lose 34 considering.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:33:17 PM by Strategyman »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 30, 2013, 01:55:40 AM »
With kiting, well-upgraded party etc. - yeah, sounds like it. Problem is, if we want to retain the realistic feel and keep true to lore we can't really nerf the Elves. The only way to balance things is to make them more costly, their parties smaller and the evil parties - larger. That would bring in a host of problems with auto-calc though. So it'll probably stay the way it is.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads
« Reply #837 on: December 30, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »
Since people have been having problems finding it, here is the link to the latest version of RCM:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ywiuiftgu67sfg/RCM_2.26_for_TLD_3.23.7z

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2014, 02:19:14 PM »
Dunno if people are still interested in RCM, but I'm trying to make it compatible with the Warband version.

I think I got party_templates and module.ini right already. However, Troops.txt will be quite a pain (SO MANY TO GO THROUGH!)

I was just wondering if anyone remembered if RCM tried to change some troop equipment as well. From comparing some troops in TLD 3.3 with troops from RCM, there are some with extra equipment, different equipment, and/or reduced equipment.

For example, in RCM, some Dwarven units (mostly archers) have throwing axes in addition to their default gear, whereas in TLD 3.3, they don't.

I'm just asking because it is easy to copy+paste proficiencies and stats, but harder to do equipment :(

If RCM didnt add/change/reduced troop gear, then I can finish this fast. If RCM did, then it'll be quite a long project :(

I can't just replace the TLD Troops.txt with RCM troops.txt cause it leads to errors, so I have to go through the text file with an editor :(

EDIT: I just read through 56 pages of this thread and found that Rene Korda only added/modified a few troop equipment. Therefore, I'll just stick to the troop stats/profs and not change anything else :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:04:20 AM by Khamukkamu »

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 28, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »
Double post, but this needed its own :)

After a couple of days of work, I have finally managed to port RCM to TLD 3.3 (Warband)

Download the files here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3KmMUNAyIh4b3phQjNVNndkMTA&usp=drive_web

For those that do not know, Realistic Combat Model (RCM) was a submod started by Ron Losey, and continued by the community (mostly by Rene Korda and Grothag), that made heavy changes equipment values, attempting to recreate the 'realistic' feel of combat.
Applying this method to the fantasy world of LOTR yields something that players may feel very unbalanced, as the equipment of the "Good" side are relatively better than that of the "Evil" side. For example, almost all Elven equipment are really powerful, while Dunlanding equipment makes them nothing much but fodder.
Troops.txt was also modified by RK and Grothag so that it becomes more compatible with RCM equipment.

Therefore, TLD with RCM is very challenging.

I haven't tested it extensively (only using the dev options within the nightly builds such as Scene Test), but it should be the same as RCM for TLD 3.23.

Have fun! :)

-Kham's edits
-- Now compatible with TLD 3.3 (Warband)
-- Went through Troops, Party_Templates, and Item_kinds1 line by line, using HokieBT's editor and WinMerge, comparing with Vanilla TLD (Warband) in order not to merge things incorrectly.
-- Kept Leaders and companions the same as Vanilla TLD (Warband)
-- Kept RK's Fighting Uruk Hai Pike Champion (replacing Uruk Hai Berserker) as per their notes
-- Kept Stats of Troll, Armoured Troll, and Olog Hai with vanilla TLD, but lowered levels for autocalc. Would need to test if OP.
-- Added +1 iron flesh to Orc and Uruk elite troops. Didn't feel right that elite orcs had 0 iron flesh, while elite Uruks have the same iron flesh as 1 tier lower.
-- Re-added Octoburn's changes (Added unused Dwarven helms to dale) as these were the ones on Vanilla TLD 3.3 (Warband)
-- Made the item name changes as per Ron's notes (Rohan Maille --> Leather) or something like that.
-- Made some minor changes to item flags (i.e unit had shield but shield flag not checked)
-- Slightly increased armour of regular trolls and increased damage of Tree Trunk (+5)