login

Poll

Would like the proposed prices to be used in RCM?

Yes
6 (85.7%)
No
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 12, 2012, 06:36:37 am

Author Topic: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads  (Read 740671 times)

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads
« Reply #585 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:32 am »
The bow is allowed to have a max PD bonus of 4 + PD requirement. So the bigger the PD requirement, the larger bonus a high PD skill gives you.

Offline GondorKnight

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 11, 2012, 05:21:15 am »
So a bow of PD 2 have a base bonus of +28%, and up to +84%;
while a bow of PD 6 have a base bonus of +84%, and up to +140%?

I always perceive that wrongly with the base bonus omitted.

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 11, 2012, 06:03:49 am »
And this could explain a strange cheap  fine bow( in Gondor shop)that ask only 1 skill and makes 13 damage

Offline GondorKnight

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2012, 07:53:28 am »
Larger bows are always better, not only because of the larger PD bonus possible, but also the velocity and the straight flight path that comes with it.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 25, 2012, 02:13:12 pm »
http://www.mediafire.com/?sosrorbtljg3eib  - the latest version of RCM for TLD, just to remind you people.

Offline Wild Rover

• Apprentice
  • Hero of the Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 01, 2012, 03:06:01 am »
Does anybody have an idea how to beat a troll, other than showering him with arrows?
It was pretty easy before, you just needed a long spear, keep your distance and poke him from time to time. But it is kind of useless with RCM. My pike just keeps dealing 0 damage. So tell me, is there any way to kill a troll without being a absurdly badass ranger?

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:39 am »
Good quality troops (like Elves) kill the trolls in melee rather easily, so it's definitely possible. Try using some heavy-hitting two-handed weapon. Preferably, aim for the head ( you might need to jump for that).

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 01, 2012, 06:02:14 am »
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngjhugzxjydazcq - RCM version 2.01 for TLD. Fixed minor bug with simple clothes having wrong racial type.

Offline MariusThePaladin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 06, 2012, 02:31:39 am »
Hi, I've noticed one thing that is possibly break the lore (I'm not sure) but aren't Beorne people too weak ?

I know they're armed with axe and lightly (or no) armored, but didn't Tolkien describe them as the bear people. The people who could tansform in to bear and are as strong as bear that they could tear the warg by their bare hand ?

They just got slaughtered by orcs when I join their fight.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 06, 2012, 02:46:06 am »
Hi, I've noticed one thing that is possibly break the lore (I'm not sure) but aren't Beorne people too weak ?

I know they're armed with axe and lightly (or no) armored, but didn't Tolkien describe them as the bear people. The people who could tansform in to bear and are as strong as bear that they could tear the warg by their bare hand ?

They just got slaughtered by orcs when I join their fight.

IIRC, Tolkien only described Beorn himself that way, maybe his direct descendants, not all the humans who live west of Mirkwood and belong to the Beorning realm. Nevertheless, it is assumed both in vanilla TLD and in RCM that the Beornings are stronger then average humans and their stats reflect this.

Problem is, the devs designed them to be only lightly armored. Since RCM attempts to model combat realistically, lightly armored troops die very easily in it. Rhun had this problem too and I had to give heavier armor to many of their troops, but Rhun at least had that heavier armor in the first place. Beornings don't, unfortunately. Still, they're very hard-hitting, both melee and ranged troops, so they can and do cause damage. Just don't expect them to hold their ground well - light infantry just isn't properly equipped for that.

Offline MariusThePaladin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 06, 2012, 03:50:24 am »
Ok, thanks for this great submod. RCM let me play in the manner as if I'm as skilled as one of the fellowship.  8)

Offline Wild Rover

• Apprentice
  • Hero of the Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:50 am »
+Good evening, sergeant. I wish to report a burglary: in Calembel, veteran lamedon armor in for sale, and is both cheaper and weaker than (ordinary) lamedon armor. Besides, it algo gives you +55 head armour.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 06, 2012, 06:51:23 am »
Fixed. Thank you! Dwarven armors having human racial type fixed too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4jzapbftsfsumvb/RCM_2.02_for_TLD.7z - RCM version 2.02 for TLD.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 08, 2012, 06:34:08 am »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/su5rut1w0uabdvy/RCM_beta_temp.7z - temporary version, compatible with the beta patch.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:36:16 am by Rene Korda »

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »
I've been playing on and off lately. Balance feels great so far. Nothing to complain! I've mostly been playing Rivendell and Mirkwood, but when the new patch is out of beta I'll probably start over as a dwarf.