login

Poll

Would like the proposed prices to be used in RCM?

Yes
6 (85.7%)
No
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 12, 2012, 06:36:37 am

Author Topic: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads  (Read 740674 times)

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:12 am »
Heh I always assumed it meant "tack" as in a tack hammer... but I'm guessing you're right and it was supposed to be "tracker"

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2012, 12:11:30 pm »
Well guys, here it goes. You can download RCM 2.0 using this link:

http://www.wupload.com/file/2681535532/RCM_2.0_for_TLD.7z

I'll give a couple of days for some final testing, then PM the link to GA to put it up in the submods thread.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:56:13 pm by Rene Korda »

Offline SonOfNiall

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:15 pm »
Guess tolltacker is correct and intentional as Gloin complains to Frodo in Rivendell about the beorings taking high trade tolls from the dwarves

Offline bearlyfunctional

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:31 pm »
Great job! I'm playing as the elves and its somewhat more challenging, in a good way.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:22 pm »
Great job! I'm playing as the elves and its somewhat more challenging, in a good way.

Thanks! Please keep an eye out for possible bugs.

Offline hayate666

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »
Playing as the Elves is really fun now. Elves feel strong where they should be and are somehow a lot more challenging then before.

I did notice however it's much much easier to survive against multiple opponents. I used to get stunlocked a lot more with previous RCM versions. This is an indirect nerf to the orcs as they are pretty much required to swarm stronger troops to kill them. 5- 6 orcs still bring me down, but 3 - 4 are having a very hard time doing so.

Cavalry charges are harder to stop with grouped up infantry then before. A horse can charge through multiple guys standing behind each other. I'm not sure this is an intended change, since horses should be scared of charging into anything looking remotely solid.

I also noticed Rohan and Gondor really getting their asses handed to them in my play through. Did RCM change something about the autocalc battles? Eomer died just a few days in the war which has never happened to me before.

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
The problem with 0 interrupt threshold was that the rider received 0 damage every time his horse was hit, which effectively stun-locked him and made cavalry useless on the battlefield. As for the infantry combat, this parameter is basically open to interpretation - we can either think of 0 damage as enough of a nuisance to be an interruption, or just a hit that failed to even make a sufficient bruise (to which 1 damage would amount to), hence not penetrating at all and not cumbersome. I've tested this issue pretty extensively - threshold of 1 feels way better then 0 and 0 makes cavalry vs. infantry combat totally unrealistic.

No, autocalc is untouched. Things go  differently sometimes between the AIs, I guess it's just another example of this.

Offline The Yogi

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 04, 2012, 03:39:35 pm »
Well guys, here it goes. You can download RCM 2.0 using this link:

No, actually we can not:

Quote from: wupload
Note:

Wupload does not allow files to be shared. We are a STORAGE ONLY product so you can only download your own files.

If you have uploaded this file yourself, login first in order to download it.

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2012, 04:13:20 am »
A suggestion:
Change basic equipment ....for example  a  beginning noble gondorian has no sword  and guards call him commander.  This is not realistic.

Some problems and suggestions
New loss system changes balance in many things.
For example 1)prisoner quest is now very hard as it is harder to get prisoners.
                     2) More losses change money balance: 1)as you neeed to get often recruits
                                                                                    2) for (1) long quests are almost impossible without returning to base
                                                                                    3) It is harder to get high tier troops
 Suggestion to rebalance: have more surger effect if army survives So it needs sometime to heals wounded men.
Other realistic effect suggestion on lance: Make lances easy breakable so AI and player have to leaves them after first or second  charge.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:06:49 am by Ettore53 »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 07, 2012, 07:45:03 am »
I haven't looked into changing starting equipment, but the player discards it so quickly, that I doubt it's worth the effort to make any changes.

As for the problems and suggestions:
1 - I've played RCM since it was released for TLD and never had problems neither with taking prisoners, nor with the prisoner quest.
2 - it might be harder then vanilla, but vanilla is currently way too easy to be a reference. Lowering the challenge level would make the game plain boring.

I doubt it's possible to make lances breakable in Mount and Blade.

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2012, 08:19:51 am »
Basic equipment is so in Vanilla but as your mod is realistic: I doubt that a "mercenary" commander  could  not have  sword beginning military carrier ( suggest to give him a basic sword and a basic horse if noble- a noble without them is a elf without bow..

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2012, 11:33:50 am »
Where do I install this? Just over TLD?

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 07, 2012, 03:56:31 pm »
Just drop the contents of the archive to your Mount&Blade/Modules/TLD folder.

Noob4boob

« Reply #569 on: April 08, 2012, 03:20:22 am »
Hey can you upload version 3.1 again? The one above is 2.0. I need the latest version of this. BTW no one can actually download your file except the 2.0 version..