login

Poll

Would like the proposed prices to be used in RCM?

Yes
6 (85.7%)
No
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: March 12, 2012, 06:36:37 am

Author Topic: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads  (Read 678164 times)

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Damage Model (RCM) - merged threads
« Reply #810 on: April 23, 2013, 09:40:04 am »
AFAIK the warband animations mod isn't currently compatible with TLD itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Shingen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 23, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »
Warband animations won't work with MnB engine.

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 25, 2013, 11:51:56 am »
okay, it's not exactly warband animations, but this http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2889.0.html
is that nit compatible with RCM? :)

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 25, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »

Offline SRACon17

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 25, 2013, 12:48:58 pm »
wow thanks :)

Offline bilalst14

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 04, 2013, 10:40:43 am »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:45:57 am by bilalst14 »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 05, 2013, 06:47:02 am »
That's the Warband animations bug, not related to RCM itself.

Offline jonathanimal

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 17, 2013, 02:02:23 pm »
rhun is tough in the latest rcm. it offsets how easy gundabad is to defeat so i like it.

i lost twice trying to siege their last main camp as dale. finally erebor sieged them and rhun finally got wiped out. i buffed erebor's leaders with more troops to help as well. not sure if it was necessary. maybe. after losing twice i didn't want to gamble. before that rhun's leader was wandering around with 17 fully upgraded cavalry that defeated my mixed bag of 45-50 men of dale. a 1/3 were probably not upgraded. they're tough. but i'm trying rcm for the challenge but i could see a first time player of tld getting frustrated.

maybe my tld skills aren't as fancy as i thought they were. so is it just me or is rhun tough as nails for anyone else as well? i'm not suggesting that it gets changed. i'm just curious how others are doing against them.

rene mentioned some changes in regards to rhun a while back but this is the first version i've spent serious time with. so i can't compare it to older versions.

Offline Lengua Muerta

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 17, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
rhun is tough in the latest rcm.
You can see a difference, yes. I agree.

before that rhun's leader was wandering around with 17 fully upgraded cavalry that defeated my mixed bag of 45-50 men of dale. a 1/3 were probably not upgraded. they're tough.
maybe my tld skills aren't as fancy as i thought they were. so is it just me or is rhun tough as nails for anyone else as well? i'm not suggesting that it gets changed. i'm just curious how others are doing against them.
In my opinion, sorry, Dale troops... suck. Even with RCM.
Anyway, maybe it was because your troops were not upgraded as you said, but a 17-20 Rhun party is easy to take out. I guess you got unlucky - Rhun troops are though, yes, but not much. Most of their army is composed by Cavalry, Light and Heavy, which can be defeated with pikes and bows. Their Infantry are 2H Swordmasters, which are not dangerous at all.
They are tough. They can really be dangerous sometimes, but I think you find them harder to defeat because of the Dale troops you're using.

but i'm trying rcm for the challenge but i could see a first time player of tld getting frustrated.
I don't think a new player would get frustrated using RCM :P
It is fun. It makes Orcs a little bit tougher. I like that.

Offline jonathanimal

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 18, 2013, 08:11:04 am »
In my opinion, sorry, Dale troops... suck. Even with RCM.

ha. maybe. my last complete playthrough was with lothlorien and i've heard they're one of the easiest factions to play with. their archers are great and their faction leaders have more troops than dale already. with the exception of the main faction leader, dale leaders have 50 or so troops. mirkwood has been seen with 80-120 at this point in the game. it seems like dale troops are jacks of all trades but masters of none as well.

i know a 17-20 rhun party is for the most easy but i have trouble when for some odd reason it's the main faction leader and every member except maybe one or two is fully upgraded cavalry. it's not that way when his party is bigger but when it's small it seems like every member is fully upgraded the two times i saw him. in combat i actually sat back and watched an upgraded rhun cav knocked off his horse take out 4-5 dale troops on foot no problem. i think my difficulty level is somewhere in the low 70% area (i'm at work so i can't say for sure).

overall the rcm experience is tons of fun. it's really intense. would easily recommend it to anyone who has spent time with the latest vanilla version looking for more realism in their gameplay. i think vanilla has its merits but i think someone (maybe rene?) described rcm as hardcore mode which sounds right to me.

Offline manekemaan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 12, 2013, 10:30:51 am »
Hey back to this mod once again (sorry for necroing this topic)

is this still compatible with the latest TLD? And what version of RCM should I use?

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 19, 2013, 12:35:58 pm »
Yes, it is (and thanks for bumping the thread BTW). Use this version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ywiuiftgu67sfg/RCM_2.26_for_TLD_3.23.7z

Offline manekemaan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 24, 2013, 02:59:18 pm »
I'm guessing this isn't save game compatible?

np for the bump :p

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 25, 2013, 10:50:34 am »
Unfortunately not. Mount and Blade slightly modifies the troop stats for each new game and saves them in the saves file, which leades to the absence of save compatibility with mods that change troop stats.

Offline manekemaan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 25, 2013, 01:37:37 pm »
was afraid so. thanks for the quick answer!