login

Author Topic: TLD 3.23 Suggestions  (Read 443315 times)

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.23 Suggestions
« Reply #900 on: September 03, 2013, 01:57:02 AM »
Would it be possible to disable quests that aren't ever doable?
I'm thinking of "kill X patrols", it seems each settlement has its own brand of patrols and you can find at best one within the time limits. Yes I know you can take it and not do it, but for all intents and purposes it's still a bug and annoying for players

Can scout parties and the like be scripted to turn in back home then disappear when they're at ridiculously low numbers? Would get rid of those groups of 1-2 units with a dozen prisoners and maybe alleviate the "number of parties" problem.

The area around Minas Morgul / Osgiliath could use less roaming parties (deserters, goblins ...), since the bad guys don't clear those it seems it always ends up as a cluster of useless groups (the area is already overcrowded with moria parties so the additional defense is really unnecessary)

progress meter to show how close I am to getting promoted.

Accessing that data should be possible since companions say how many more Rank Points you need before they can be recruited

True, however a few items are missing:

1.  They only state how many rank points you're missing with their faction.  What if I have all the companions for Gondor and would like to know how far I am from receiving a higher rank in Gondor?  If I ask Ulfas in Rohan he won't know...

2.  Even if they tell me how many influence points I have, which I believe are different from rank points, that still doesn't tell me how close to a promotion I am.

I think, if we were to see some sort of progress meter (or maybe just a number indicator) that this would cause us to push a little harder for the promotions.

Great suggestion and very easy to do. Currently I am away at college and won't get my laptop until next week at least, and then I still have TONs of homework. (17 units :P). But I will add this when I can.

FS
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:42:23 PM by CppCoder »
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 09, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
Thanks CPP.  Take your time as we all have RL and can totally understand (and appreciate) your hard work.

May I add more additional suggestions that you will have no time for.   :shock:

1.  It would be great in battle if I received a different type of morale boost after slaying a troll.  I would think this would add a major bonus to morale.
2.  It would be great if you could do more with captured prisoners.  So, I was recently quite amused that I could kill them (they really die) even if I don't get their experience.  I'm playing as Gondor.  It would be really cool if I could talk to them and depending on my persuasion level there would be a percentage chance that I could convince them to join me.  Would that be possible?  I remember in .808 you could talk to the prisoners and if you were to disband them as a group that they would wander the map at times.  I don't recall what they did and I also don't remember if you could convince them to join you then.

As a little thing I just noticed...probably everyone knows this, however, if in battle you go to your chest and "open it" you get your throwing items back (I would assume this would work for arrows as well).  I've found this extremely helpful in major battles such as vs. the Isengard huge disgustingness of an army (note that this is meant in a positive way).

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2013, 04:46:06 AM »
One more feature request, however, this might be limited by the game engine.

Anyway, one feature I really enjoyed from .808 was that you could order your NPCs independently in battle.  So, for e.g. you could tell just your companions to charge.  I liked this option because it allowed me to help force their experience gain.

Thanks,

FS

P.S. I lied about only one feature request.  The second request is if it would be possible to add the mod that allows you to switch to your NPCs if you are knocked out in battle.
P.P.S. Is this compatible with TLD?  http://modsreloaded.com/tweakmb

Offline Vinnie128

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »
Hi guys, i really love this mod, is somehow better then the game itself...
so i am trying to get my friends playing it too, there is only a small problem, the general english level among my friends is pretty low XD. i would like to traslate the game in Italian, but i really don't know how to do it,
any help?

Offline Gaxleep

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 02, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
Hi guys, i really love this mod, is somehow better then the game itself...
so i am trying to get my friends playing it too, there is only a small problem, the general english level among my friends is pretty low XD. i would like to traslate the game in Italian, but i really don't know how to do it,
any help?

Just come here  ;)

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,74772.0.html
Using IronLauncher.
TLD V.3.1
Amd Athlon x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.41ghz
3 Gb ram
Nivida GTX 295 1gb ram
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Windows 7 64bit

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:34 PM »
Can someone please explain why you people hate sieging so much? I understand that this is not warband, so you can't initiate sieges, but I'm getting the hint that the amazing developers of this mod don't like the idea of sieging the enemy cities/forts!

I've already set siege strength to "none" in hopes that Gondor would start besieging enemy forts but they're not doing anything! Mordor is however actually laying siege and defending against them is super fun. I want to start taking over enemy cities, like west osgiliath and such. Is there any way to go about this?

Yes, there is. Just do a search on the topic of sieges, it's been explained a zillion times before.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:46:28 PM by Merlkir »

Offline Borissus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 26, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
1) maybe adding more indirect way how to affect the war, there is possibility to give your own men to lord / city, but those hosts and cities have dozens of less-than-useless soldiers (gondor levy, gondor watchman, rohan youth etc.) and adding possibility to offer training skill to lord /  town would me in my opinion great. I like playing it hard, means no damage reduction for me or my men, and in such situation its often crucial to have skilled and trained men on the battlefield. My suggestion so far is to add possibility to earn rankpoints and influence by offering players trainer skills to someone else. I will offer lord my services, he will accept, will stay in town for a night with me and his lowest-level soldiers will then get upgraded.

2) a small idea for your free time. The dwarves have little to counter enemy horse archers and those trolls. It can change much of the balance if dwarves will get somethink like multi-passenger mount, I mean war wagon. Smaller version of those big mummakils / oliphants may be less bug causing.

Doesn't fit the setting, I'm afraid. (sounds more like something out of Warhammer) Get archers, dwarves have fairly decent ones.

3) this is just a fashion suggestion but add plate armor to thranduil royal swordsmen and spearmen. And make Erebor and Thranduils halls a bigger cave. There is plenty of room for anything from special npcs starting unique quests to just decoration.

I refer you to the 5.3 FAQ section of the Manual regarding any plate armour. Expanding Thranduil's halls would be nice, but we don't have sceners to do it. (it's implied they're much bigger of course, you're just allowed to visit only the throne room)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:04:50 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 01, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »
but add plate armor to

Did someone say "plate armour"? OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!  >:(
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 01, 2014, 11:05:34 AM »
but add plate armor to

Suggestion: Add decapitated bodies wearing plate armour at the bottom of the Dead Marshes! Then add a rumor talking about the sad fate of these people  >:D

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 01, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
but add plate armor to

Suggestion: Add decapitated bodies wearing plate armour at the bottom of the Dead Marshes! Then add a rumor talking about the sad fate of these people  >:D

I'm sure there is a "yo' mamma" joke in here somewhere.

FS

Offline Borissus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 15, 2014, 06:44:43 AM »
I meant somethink like chain mail with leather plates on top of it,
chainmail protects against damage type c and p, while leather plates (plates, no leather vest) will add protection against b damage.