Author Topic: TLD 3.23 Suggestions  (Read 669512 times)

Offline Pitar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.0 Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »
As far as I know, Uruks are unable to ride any mounts. Understandable but also quite disappointing, seeing as I just invested four points in riding and spent all my influence on that mean-lookin' mordor horse.

Unless there is a mount I haven't encountered yet that they can ride, maybe their riding skill should be disabled like the dwarves?

Offline TheMageLord

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »
As far as I know, Uruks are unable to ride any mounts. Understandable but also quite disappointing, seeing as I just invested four points in riding and spent all my influence on that mean-lookin' mordor horse.

Unless there is a mount I haven't encountered yet that they can ride, maybe their riding skill should be disabled like the dwarves?
They can ride the special faction award warg.

It should probably say something in the dialog for the horse and warg though, like Human Only for the horse and Uruk Only for the warg.

Offline Oyclo

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 09:41:31 pm »
My uruk is able to ride a warg (mordor uruk).

Offline Oyclo

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »
I'm enjoying the orc cannon fodder army approach while playing one, but perhaps the bonus to how many you can have could be tweeked up a tad more and manflesh give much bigger moral bonus. 

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:56 pm »
I love this mod! Excellent work guys!

A couple suggestions though:

1. Could you make special items not get looted? I wouldn't mind if you
could ask for them again. I hate loosing my Elven Amulet.  :(

2. I think some of the skills are a little low at the start. e.g., elves get
a nice power draw, but almost no other skills.

Nameless One

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »
It just occurred to me that one of the reasons for a not very interesting game with evil side is that they have towns which are too far apart, making you spend much time travelling in order to complete quests, which are usually 'take a message' quests. The additional outposts spawn only later, but I never reached that stage with the bad guys. You could solve this with some unique quests for the baddies. For example, the good old village looting from Native is very in-character for them, but since there are no villages in TLD, you could have a quest to loot a village which spawns only for the quest. The encounter itself would be a battle against a number of villagers, for example 50 of them. It should give loot, of course, and maybe even villagers as prisoners.

Offline Tostito

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2011, 01:09:35 am »
I just realised something was missing from this version that was really great in 808: Innocents.

I don't remember if they were called farmers or villagers but there were a bunch of little parties running around Gondor, possibly Rohan too. They made you feel heroic if you were good, terrifically nasty if you were bad, and they could act as a bit of a speed bump for all the little grey parties (deserters etc).

Protect the innocent, eat the innocent, either way is fun. Bring back weak humans!

(refugees maybe? as a good faction weakens, or when a town has been destroyed they start spawning?)

Nameless One

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2011, 01:22:17 am »
I just realised something was missing from this version that was really great in 808: Innocents.

I don't remember if they were called farmers or villagers but there were a bunch of little parties running around Gondor, possibly Rohan too. They made you feel heroic if you were good, terrifically nasty if you were bad, and they could act as a bit of a speed bump for all the little grey parties (deserters etc).

Protect the innocent, eat the innocent, either way is fun. Bring back weak humans!

(refugees maybe? as a good faction weakens, or when a town has been destroyed they start spawning?)

Me leik this. Weak humies fun. Elf scoutz no fun.

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2011, 01:22:34 am »
It just occurred to me that one of the reasons for a not very interesting game with evil side is that they have towns which are too far apart, making you spend much time travelling in order to complete quests, which are usually 'take a message' quests. The additional outposts spawn only later, but I never reached that stage with the bad guys. You could solve this with some unique quests for the baddies. For example, the good old village looting from Native is very in-character for them, but since there are no villages in TLD, you could have a quest to loot a village which spawns only for the quest. The encounter itself would be a battle against a number of villagers, for example 50 of them. It should give loot, of course, and maybe even villagers as prisoners.
Hm, well, last time I played, I reached level 8 and started the war after 4-5 game days. Got the XP needed by training, doing quests and soloing tribal orcs and other weak bandits.
Once the war starts, it gets really busy real quick.
I understand the need of evil players to engage in more mindless slaughter of defenseless people, and maybe we should do something about it.
Raiding hapless villagers is certainly in plans! And always was
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:48:33 am by GetAssista »
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Nameless One

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2011, 03:20:44 am »
I think it would help orc players maintain large armies if there were elven flesh and dwarven flesh as separate types of food.
elven flesh might just be poisonous for orcs. And dwarven I suppose not so sweet and soft.
Instead we consider reworking morale mechanism, and increase bonus to human flesh
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:33:27 am by GetAssista »

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2011, 03:31:47 am »
You guys might've already thought of this, and heard it a lot of times... but it doesn't seem to have been brought up in the last few pages, from what I skimmed, so here it goes:

How about a Time-Limit, till Frodo is going to Destroy the Ring?

Basically, after a certain amount of time, Frodo would be ready to destroy the ring. If it can be scripted that Aragorn becomes a lord of Gondor (that is, if Gondor survives long enough), he will decide to besiege the Black Gates as in the book (giving Frodo the chance to destroy the ring).
If the battle goes poorly, which it should if the player doesn't participate, then Frodo might fail, and die? Then, the only possibility of winning, would be to destroy the Mordor faction--which would be hard.

Similarly, Mordor has to either win the war before Frodo is ready to destroy the ring (unlikely), or do well enough in the siege on the black-gates that he dies.

There are a few questions as to the exact requirements for this Finale. Does Isengard need to be defeated before this can happen? What happens to the other factions under Mordor, if you defeat Mordor before finishing them off?
However, I think the TLD team is capable of thinking of good answers that make sense within the Tolkien lore, and would be astoundingly awesome to play.

I hope there is potential for this idea.

As with nearly everything related to the mod (ha ha, sorry for bragging), I've written about three pages of notes on this. And yeah, it'd be great, but someone would have to code it. I'd love to have it, we'll see if anyone's up to it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:37:54 am by Merlkir »

Offline trueten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2011, 03:48:00 am »
How about a Time-Limit, till Frodo is going to Destroy the Ring?
I'm not sure if it is a good idea, but if it will be taken in to account I might add something to this.

Time-limit is fun, but it should depend on which side you're playing. If you play for bad guys, then, for example, you have 300 (200?) days to destroy enemy factions. If not - Frodo destroys the ring.

If you play for good guys, you have 300 (200) days to destroy your enemies, if you fail to do it in time - Frodo is captured and Sauron gets the ring.

The bad side of this idea is that you depend a lot from your ally lords, who are responsible for sieges and achieving victory overall. Thrie retardness usually will be the reason why you didn't make it all in time.
Yeah, any timelimiting would unleash a whole storm wrt any inconsistency in strategic AI, however small :D Ofc this can be mitigated to some extent by giving player more decisionmaking powers when he is on timelimit
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:06:30 am by GetAssista »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2011, 04:02:01 am »
Time-limits are controversial and should be somehow optional.
There are people who like the challenge and try to powerplay their game, and there are players who want to play the game slowly and deliberately. Both should be accomodated.

For example, a timer could be activated if the player chooses to accept a certain important (or "main") quest. He should be warned that he will be on the clock if he accepts. So, those that don't like the pressure, would avoid that quest.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2011, 04:12:56 am »
@Melkir: Glad to hear it :). Hope it gets added to the mod, one day. No need to rush, of course. You've already got a great game here, so it's wise to work on the polishing phase in the meantime.

Another suggestion: Is it possible to have it that after you defeat a Great Host, or Lesser Host, that faction goes into "recovery" stage for a while? What this would mean, is that they wouldn't spawn as many patrols and scouts, and wouldn't send out any more Hosts, for a while that is.
This way, you could effectively take a faction out of the war for a few days, while they reorganize--giving yourself a chance to besiege a third party unhindered or so-forth.

Example: You want to Besiege Mordor, which is Weakened and recovering. However, Mordor's allies have recovered some of their strength, and are a threat! If you manage to put them into Recovery mode, by giving them a shock--this'll give you time to besiege Mordor, before it recovers!

This is only an example of how it'd work. You'd probably want the ability to do this through quests. It might be that killing an important Lord of the enemy faction would put them into Recovery Mode, or a sabotage mission, or holding one of their Lords for ransom, etc..

@trueten: I disagree. Making it just a time-limit sounds... plain. It would be more interesting if Mordor was a super power that you don't have much chance of beating, like in the book--but you can defeat Mordor if you can hold out (and help Frodo).

Similarly, if you are playing for Mordor, and suddenly you lose the game because the only remaining faction, the Hobbits and Pacifists faction* is barely clinging to life.... that'd be REAAAALLY annoying.

By having it decided by an epic battle, at the end of the time-limit, you'd also free-up the option to actually let the player still have a say in how things go, DESPITE the idiot lord AI.

*: I know there won't be such a faction, and that there isn't one. 'Twas used for comedic effect.

@MadVader: Considering how TLD works, Vader, couldn't it be optional in the same way that NPC death is? You might also allow an option to adjust the amount of time you have till the ring is destroyed, to make things harder or easier?

Vert

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2011, 04:26:25 am »
Why  Black NUmenoreans camp doesn't exist. Other mens of Sauron have their own camps (e.g haradrims). it overlooks like im only numenorean in MIddle Earth

Black Númenoreans were very few in those days, certainly not enough to field a whole army, or to keep a camp.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:35:01 am by Merlkir »