Author Topic: TLD 3.23 Suggestions  (Read 669494 times)

Offline Multiheaded

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.0 Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:18 am »
But most of the vanilla books DON'T need to be kept around in an inventory! After they're read, they give a permanent bonus and either disappear or can be sold, I forgot which. A few (only one, I think - the surgery manual) function like the current reward items (i.e. just sit there and give a +1 to something), but the ones that use the "Choose a book to read" function in the camp menu don't need to be carried after you've read them.

Dindi

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 11:46:21 am »
Hey, just to say love the mod, you can tell you've put so much effort, quality is top notch!

Some suggestions about the dwarves:

There are only 3 commanders at the mo, seems a bit unbalanced, maybe a commander who stays in the Iron Hills quarry?

Also a possbile bug but all 3 dwarven commanders have the exact same equipment, masked helm, scale and mail armour and the strange 2 handed axe. On that point couldnt Dain have his red axe?

Also it seems a bit odd that theres 3 picks/mattocks to choose from but only one sword and one handed axe.

But yeah these are only very minor things, I'm awestruck by how you've made such a thorough and accurate depiction of middle earth  :)!

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 11:53:29 am »
But most of the vanilla books DON'T need to be kept around in an inventory! After they're read, they give a permanent bonus and either disappear or can be sold, I forgot which. A few (only one, I think - the surgery manual) function like the current reward items (i.e. just sit there and give a +1 to something), but the ones that use the "Choose a book to read" function in the camp menu don't need to be carried after you've read them.
There is no book reading in TLD. And I don't think we miss it, given the plethora of reward items.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Oyclo

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »
When you kill men/elf/dwarfs in combat, manflesh should drop as loot like the metal scraps when you are playing evil. 

Vert

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 12:22:21 pm »
I have noticed that the isengard and mordor are too weak especially uruk-hai which should be butchers on Short distance... Its the truth even 10 gondors skimrishers can defeat a 30 Uruk-hai of Isengard. Good kingdoms are really too strong. Give a chance people who want destroy Middle-Earth ;) Change a history

Dindi

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »
I have noticed that the isengard and mordor are too weak especially uruk-hai which should be butchers on Short distance... Its the truth even 10 gondors skimrishers can defeat a 30 Uruk-hai of Isengard. Good kingdoms are really too strong. Give a chance people who want destroy Middle-Earth ;) Change a history

I have to disagree, the key to winning with orc factions is to overwhelm with snaga first then use your larger orcs to close in for the kill. Falling that use trolls or wargs, wargs are really powerful. Also 10 gondor skirmishers vs 30 uruk hai??

Offline Oyclo

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

I have to disagree, the key to winning with orc factions is to overwhelm with snaga first then use your larger orcs to close in for the kill. Falling that use trolls or wargs, wargs are really powerful. Also 10 gondor skirmishers vs 30 uruk hai??

The problem is this is M&B not warband so you can't set up custom attack groups.

Vert

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »

I hit 3 instead of 2 but yes they can drive fast a horse hit=death 10 make it 2 times (or make loops around you shooting from bows). You crew is dead

Offline Arsakes

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 01:55:17 pm »
4) learning either obscure parts of Elven languages, or the Black Speech; this would let you affect both allies and enemies with a script, like getting improved damage against the servants of the Enemy with a prayer to Elbereth, or driving your orcs onward with curses in Sauron's tongue. I'd say it would fit Tolkien's vision well; this isn't magic, just deeper understanding of the world, but it can influence people for good or evil. Of course, this might be difficult/impractical to code, but I'm interested in your opinion on whether this can be done in any form at all.
great idea. Now please go and code it, we would be grateful. We are busy with patching things so far

It seems a very good idea to me also, similar thing was done in Brytenwalda mod, you could use warcry ability to scare your enemies and battlecry to boost health & morale of your troops.

Vert

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 02:10:39 pm »
Hey what about a crossbows for uruk-hai maybe its a good idea the uruks with crosssbows will be much better than with bows
Keep movie stuff out, this is a book mod
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:12:34 pm by GetAssista »

Offline Northcott

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »

Really? 'Cause I'm watching Isengard kick the Rohirrim around like a bunch of rusty tin cans. And those Uruk-hai do a fine job of clustering up and tearing apart the riders. I tend to station my Rivendell-based forces up on a hill and unleash arrows... but the wargs dodge back and forth so quickly that they rarely get hit, they don't slow down when they charge through melee troops, and they do massive damage.  When the Uruk have managed to close in on my Rivendell folk, they do some serious damage. The Uruk-hai take a beating before they go down.

At this point in my game, Gondor's getting it's butt whupped, Rohan's holding on by its fingernails, the Woodmen are getting kicked around something fierce, Lothlorien's taking considerable losses... and Elrond's having an unending tea party up in his corner of the world. Seriously, that jerk hasn't lifted a finger yet, except to send me around on quests. "Our men are losing hope and fearing capture. Go free some prisoners to show them it'll be alright." -- Here's a thought, Mr. High and Mighty... take your army of hundreds of scary-ass archers and knights, and go stab something in the face! (Huff!)

And since this is the suggestion thread: Smaller cursor. The big decorative one is lovely, but when hovering over an object for information, it tends to obscure things like the party's speed, troop totals, etc.  It's very frustrating at times.

Feel free to delete the cursor file in the TLD folder, you'll get the native MnB cursor back.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:15:39 pm by Merlkir »

Offline Ettore53

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »
On patch strategy
As devs  said before  release the mod has many bugs as it is a beta...Player  are finding lots of new bugs,
Now devs can wait to find  many and many of them before to release a patch or can try  to repair some  in a patch and repair othesr in other patch ect.....
I am not sure what strategy is better, but thinking on my esperience  I suggest the second strategy as often repairing a bug you make another...Better to know this new bug  early then late.

Another thing: I hate  comment as  wonderful!! impressive !!!! and so spam  words.. But I played this game from first version and in last 4 years I wondered often why devs needed so long time After I saw the monster they made I know  why.  Is is truely a gigantic work with the true atmosphere  of Lord of Rings and I am sure that Ancient Walker would be pride  of it.

Vert

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2011, 05:09:38 pm »
I didn't know that the crossbows were in movie only. OK now I'm wining with rohans more often because i change tactic against them I use now uruk hai trackers to fight. Kill their horses before they reach my troops.
But with one thing you must agree. That the elves are too powerful.(Yes i know some people said this before)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:11:54 pm by Vert »

Nameless One

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »
I think the problem with elves is their armour. I close in on elves while playing an Uruk or an orc, and I personally do 0 damage with each hit on lower levels to a Rivendell/Lothlorien/Mirkwood Scout, their lowest tier troops. Also, while playing an elf, I noticed that you can often get a cheaper leather/cloth armour which is much better then a more expensive metal armour (both elven). Their great armour is also the reason why "kill the outlaw" quest is too difficult for a low-level player.

Offline SonKidd

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »
Give experience for killing wargs.

Shouldn't be hard, just a ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded trigger?