login

Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 865591 times)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile

Offline Ronin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Are there any submods for warband version at all? My luck didn't go well with Bladnir's rebalance mod, which is a real shame. Are there any ways to make the old submods work for warband?

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Get the new nightly build here (for Warband): https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/tld-downloads/downloads/TLD_3.3_wbcompat_nightly_patch_2014.08.07-19.30_r2025.7z
Hey, is this a long-awaited patch?! :green: Is this a final version or something like beta?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:43:46 AM by Sirg »

Offline tyg3r

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1218 on: September 04, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »
Does that fix the lords and marshalls not replenishing their armies ?

Offline Revenant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
It is not connected directly with TLD, but is there some penalty to speed or attack for weapons which can be used both with one/two hands like bastard swords? When it is used with one hand only.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Yes, that's been a MnB/Warband feature for a long time.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline abdoul

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Getting crashes for warband whenever facing anyone from Gundabad, any help?

Offline einerd

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Great looking mod! I'm really looking foreward to get to play it :) Thing is.. I will only be able to play it on my mac, so i was wandering will that be possible any time soon?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
Great looking mod! I'm really looking foreward to get to play it :) Thing is.. I will only be able to play it on my mac, so i was wandering will that be possible any time soon?

They have changed the way GLSL shaders work in the latest engine version for Linux and Mac OS X. Now apart from the GLSLShaders folder there's also a GLSLShadersOptimized, which basically boils down to a folder containing preprocessed fragment and vertex programs (this time for direct BRF shader references instead of HLSL techniques) filtered by what looks like GLSLOptimizer output.

It makes my job much muddier. And as of now, I had managed to rewrite the most basic shaders Marco Tarini did in HLSL and get them displaying beautifully.
With this change neither Linux and Mac OS X launch okay anymore (they show black screens) until you copy the GLSLShadersOptimized folder from the common directory in the game's root. Then the vanilla shaders look okay, but all the custom techniques in our mod look pretty glitchy, I don't know if you could call it playable.

On the other hand these preprocessed shaders load blazingly faster than the older ones, so props to TaleWorlds.
I remember having to wait 5 minutes staring at a black freezed screen every time I wanted to launch TLD in Linux.

So this is technically a good move. Even if makes my work way harder.
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1224 on: September 16, 2015, 07:30:30 PM »
Is 3.3 currently playable on Warband? I was looking at reinstalling TLD, should I wait for the next update?

Offline Swyter

• Administrator
  • �Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Coordinator
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
« Reply #1225 on: September 17, 2015, 02:38:53 AM »
Is 3.3 currently playable on Warband? I was looking at reinstalling TLD, should I wait for the next update?

Now we're even in the Steam Workshop,  of course is playable!

I suggest you to download the latest nightly from here, as I don't think we'll ever release another point version. Nightlies will do for now.

https://tldmod.github.io
My Mount&Blade Tools: � Iron Launcher for Warband � Iron Launcher � Font Customiser � WarKit

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 20, 2015, 02:44:57 AM »
Thanks! Good to know everything is still alive. The only other game to use nightly builds that I know if is the Freespace 2 SCP.

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Hi all,

just installed the Dec 2015 nightly patch, continued on and old save and:

- played for abt. 160 game days after patching, 280 days total. No lords/companions killed or captured.

So I wonder if that feature removed or the patch is not save compatible?

And a big THX to all devs keeping this mod alive.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Offline tromozil

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15:02 AM »
Hi! I started a new game with the last nightly build and all the good factions get very low in faction strength. I am now 300 days and Rohan just got destroyed, even though it has Edoras and two other cities and Rivendel and Lothlorien have advanced camps, and Dunland is destroyed. Its strength became 0, but for long before that (strength was more than 500!), the the Rohan lords were going around with 10-15 troops loosing one battle after another. Right now all good factions except Imladris (my faction) have a strength of less than 2000. I try to save them, for the sake of my game, but can not. Normally there is a chance to reinforce lords, but this dialogue option is missing. Do you know why? How can I make this option visible? Or can I cheat to increase the strength or Rohan im my game?