login

Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 974761 times)

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
first i wanna say a big thank you to anyone who helped make this awesome mod.

It's great, and although there's shit load of crashing and bugs, i really enjoy the game. anycase... i got to something like 260+ days of ingame and my save won't load, poping up runtime error, thus crashing the game. So is there any way i can restore my save?:(

That was already addressed in the stickies.  Read them...it will help you.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is there a way for me to change the size for uruk shields from 40 to 60? I'm playing as uruk of Mordor for a very long time now and I like to play with as much uruk stuff as possible. It just bugs me that the uruk shield is as small as orc shields even though it looks bigger. Getting shot in the knees a lot.

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
Is there a way for me to change the size for uruk shields from 40 to 60? I'm playing as uruk of Mordor for a very long time now and I like to play with as much uruk stuff as possible. It just bugs me that the uruk shield is as small as orc shields even though it looks bigger. Getting shot in the knees a lot.

I used to be an Uruk like you, but then I took an ...

...oh wait...wrong game.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ooh you really went there...

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile

I used to be an Uruk like you, but then I took an ...

...oh wait...wrong game.

Blue pill?

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh

Offline Kwal

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Uruks with pills? No, we have dismissed that claim.

Anyway I tried to find it out by myself (always a dangerous business). In my TLD folder there is a file called 'item_kinds1.txt' from which I changed the '40' in the three lines with 'mordor_uruk_shield' to '60' and that seems to have worked. So problem solved I guess.

Offline rejndjer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

It's great, and although there's shit load of crashing and bugs, i really enjoy the game. anycase... i got to something like 260+ days of ingame and my save won't load, poping up runtime error, thus crashing the game. So is there any way i can restore my save?:(

FS

yea  i've already read them and i've tryed that trick with renaming your last savegame file but still same problem occurs, i guess my dunedain ranger will never destroy gundabad for all times? :(

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile

I think the trick only works once.  I've used it only once.  Afterwards I've had at least 3 to 4 characters enjoy the death given by the error.  So, my suggestion is to save often and in 2 to 3 different places.  That always helped me.

FS

FS

yea  i've already read them and i've tryed that trick with renaming your last savegame file but still same problem occurs, i guess my dunedain ranger will never destroy gundabad for all times? :(

Offline mowglidabear

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm sure you get a lot of these but I can't find any of the mithril items in Moria as a Good guy. I'm in the spiral staircase area and have gone though what seems to be all of the rooms, and as stupid as this may sound ended up trying to map them and getting what seems to be all of them checked and all I've found is the exit past the pits filled with fire (Or what I assume to be the exit, it says retreat though so confused on that as well). is it just that the mithril was in one of the areas before(Like the area where you find the book before the spiral staircase)? Or am I being blind?
Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:13:58 PM by mowglidabear »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm sure you get a lot of these but I can't find any of the mithril items in Moria as a Good guy. I'm in the spiral staircase area and have gone though what seems to be all of the rooms, and as stupid as this may sound ended up trying to map them and getting what seems to be all of them checked and all I've found is the exit past the pits filled with fire (Or what I assume to be the exit, it says retreat though so confused on that as well). is it just that the mithril was in one of the areas before(Like the area where you find the book before the spiral staircase)? Or am I being blind?
Thanks for any help.

This mission is incomplete.

FS

Offline Morinehtar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
So,I'm playing as Black Númenórean,as the war goes on and I help my faction in conquest, Mordor managed to capture Cair Andros and West Osgiliath but Lossarnach and Calembel are turned into ruins. So my question here is why did they spare the previous two (or) is this some issue which is occurring only with my game?  ???

They're both river crossings, they need to keep them occupied.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 05:02:07 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Lethos

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
how to manually install 3.23? i get to download autoinstaller. instal to m&b\modules\TLD   ironlauncher as always dont work, then i decide to go with manual copying of the files. go to modules\TLD\data and find only 5 files. 3 txt and 2 xtml. and the manual states:
Way 2: manually copy the files. Go to M&B/Modules/TLD/data/ folder. Here are all the TLD files which must replace original M&B files, so that TLD can run. Specifically:

copy all five core_*.brf files to:  M&B/CommonRes/  (overwriting);
    copy all three  *.txt and both *.xml files to:  M&B/Data/  (overwriting);
    copy mb.fxo , all five *.pp, the *.exe and the *.bik files to: M&B/  (overwriting).

Be sure to follow the above instructions carefully!

Now you have all critical files in place to run TLD.
Be warned that M&B, after this, will work only with TLD. Native and other mods will not run.

Now launch M&B normally, choose TLD from module menu and enjoy.

What do i do?

Offline rejndjer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
why can't the game calculate allied forces as it should?

i should fight against 500+ goblins, but i have only 67 in party and im aiding a party of 32, but there are more parties making up final sum of 400+ allied soldiers, yet the game just doesn't give a fuck about that.

is there any way to fix this?

djogloc02

Sorry to open topic, but for some strange reason I can't reply in a topic.
« Reply #1168 on: December 26, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
I have noted that every game I play, after a faction is destroyed, it crashes, every race. I am reinstalling now to see what happens, but if someone knows what to do thanks.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: Sorry to open topic, but for some strange reason I can't reply in a topic.
« Reply #1169 on: December 27, 2013, 03:50:40 AM »
I've never heard of a crash of this type. :/ Odd.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)