Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 952497 times)

Offline welshy120

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.23 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1125 on: September 12, 2013, 01:45:40 AM »
im having an issue in-game where my party, as well as other parties are unable to cross rivers.

so for example i will click to cross the river and my party will go towards the rocks crossing and will just keep trying to run over the river but not going anywhere. its funny when i see like 49 different parties trying to cross the river but its starting to get frustrating haha

any possible fixes?

Offline TheFlyingFishy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.23 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1126 on: September 13, 2013, 01:51:12 PM »
When I go to try and launch Iron Launcher (as admin) a little black line pops up too quickly for me to read and then nothing happens. I've done multiple searches and nothing seems to answer my question. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you installed everything correctly. If you're using Steam, don't. Install the Enhanced version of Mount and Blade and use that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:34:49 PM by Merlkir »

Offline Sp00nlord

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 16, 2013, 07:31:51 AM »
Quick question to the community.  Has anyone ever created a guide to what items and characteristics you receive when you start a game?  So, for example, as a Gondorian you have the option as either a commoner or noble born.  What items and levels do you start with when you pick either?  What about if you decide to compare a Gondorian to a Dunedain?  I've always gone for Gondor for the simple reason that I could store my troops and captives at Minas Tirith which is where all the fun is throughout the game.  I'm curious to what others do and why.

FS

I've never seen one. Maybe there's one over on the Chinese forums with all the lists of other stuff (faction rewards, companions etc). I think the differences aren't huge really and usually fairly obvious what you'll be getting (Riding as Rohan, Power Draw on rangers, that type of things). Interesting to see them all side by side though.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:24 AM »
Quick question to the community.  Has anyone ever created a guide to what items and characteristics you receive when you start a game?  So, for example, as a Gondorian you have the option as either a commoner or noble born.  What items and levels do you start with when you pick either?  What about if you decide to compare a Gondorian to a Dunedain?  I've always gone for Gondor for the simple reason that I could store my troops and captives at Minas Tirith which is where all the fun is throughout the game.  I'm curious to what others do and why.

FS

I've never seen one. Maybe there's one over on the Chinese forums with all the lists of other stuff (faction rewards, companions etc). I think the differences aren't huge really and usually fairly obvious what you'll be getting (Riding as Rohan, Power Draw on rangers, that type of things). Interesting to see them all side by side though.

Ok.  I was hoping someone already did this.   :lol:  If I were to attempt this it would be months (if not years) in the future due to RL.

Thanks,

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline BruvahButtah

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »
hey there, i would write about how amazing this mod is and stuff, but i dont have time right now so suffice to say it is in my opinion the best mod out there, along with PoP, Gekokujo, and Sword of Damocles.

I am playing as an Uruk-hai, and got the capture the troll quest from saruman. I didnt have too much trouble finding a troll, and i read about the bug where you couldnt engage. However, i successfully "killed" the troll and after the battle, the only option i had was to finish it off, as it apparently was still alive. I have the cage in my inventory, so im wondering if this is a bug, or if i have to do something specific to capture it.

Offline rot

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 23, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
after the battle, the only option i had was to finish it off, as it apparently was still alive. I have the cage in my inventory, so im wondering if this is a bug, or if i have to do something specific to capture it.

Do you have enough space for a prisoner? Afaik you need at least lv1 Prisoner Management and a free slot.

Neloth

TLD 3.23 windy_flora error, please help.
« Reply #1131 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
No matter how many times I download it, it just refuses to work. Is there a simple way to restore it or could someone atleast link the windy_flora file?

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD 3.23 windy_flora error, please help.
« Reply #1132 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:47 AM »
Hey there, friend! It's reaaaal simple, all you have to do is READ THE MOTHERFUCKING MANUAL.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Launch Trouble

Hi all,

after installing the first 3.23 update, the big one with Iron Launcher, I can`t launch the game with it. Neither as admin or common user.
The thing launches properly with the ordinary launcher however with or without Game Booster.

CAN I update the game with remaining patches on top of this and expect normal behaviour or not?

I`m on Win7 SP1. HP Pavilion g6 laptop, 6 GB RAM.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The current 3.23 version does not require nor make use of the IronLauncher, and running it without it will work just fine. Yes, installing patches should work just as before.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:59:10 AM by CppCoder »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Quick question.

Is it still a morale hazard if you walk through the night as opposed to resting in place or staying at a castle?

I didn't know if this was changed or not...

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Oldtimer

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Launch Trouble

Hi all,

after installing the first 3.23 update, the big one with Iron Launcher, I can`t launch the game with it. Neither as admin or common user.
The thing launches properly with the ordinary launcher however with or without Game Booster.

CAN I update the game with remaining patches on top of this and expect normal behaviour or not?

I`m on Win7 SP1. HP Pavilion g6 laptop, 6 GB RAM.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The current 3.23 version does not require nor make use of the IronLauncher, and running it without it will work just fine. Yes, installing patches should work just as before.

@Merlkir,

THX for your attn. Things seem to work OK.

Rgds, Oldtimer

That was CppCoder, not me. Btw. ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:59:21 AM by Merlkir »

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I hit a huge standstill in this game. The mod is amazing and I really appreciate all the work you guys have done, but I'm stuck.

At this point, Gondor is average ( I'm with Gondor!) and Mordor and Isengard are like 3x unmatched. My party size is sort of small ( 90 men) so I can't really fight the 300-400 groups of large patrolling armies, and even when I do defeat them, I never capture an enemy lord. I never kill them, I never capture them.

After grinding influence, I finally went to Prince Imharil and asked to council about the war, which I thought would let me decide a fortress to siege/ give me some actual control in taking stuff over, but all he replied was "Sorry, Gondor is average, we can't take the fight to the enemy" WTF

What do I do now? I can't take the fight to Mordor, because no matter how many War parties I defeat ( This reaches a point where it isn't even fun, the battles actually get pointless because of how boring and constant they are), it doesn't make a difference, and I never, ever capture or kill an enemy lord in combat. My allies are stupid, and constantly charge into a 1200 strong group of mordor orcs when they only have like 150 soldiers( 2 Gondor leaders are dead,btw). How do I start initiating sieges? How do I start capturing/killing enemy lords?

Thank you

Offline Lengua Muerta

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
At this point, Gondor is average ( I'm with Gondor!) and Mordor and Isengard are like 3x unmatched. My party size is sort of small ( 90 men) so I can't really fight the 300-400 groups of large patrolling armies, and even when I do defeat them, I never capture an enemy lord. I never kill them, I never capture them.
The player may never capture nor kill enemy commanders - not unless the 'Capture an enemy Lord' Quest is active, in which case the first enemy commander you defeat becomes your prisoner. Nothing more.

After grinding influence, I finally went to Prince Imharil and asked to council about the war, which I thought would let me decide a fortress to siege/ give me some actual control in taking stuff over, but all he replied was "Sorry, Gondor is average, we can't take the fight to the enemy" WTF
Middle Earth Factions, all of them, gain power over time (until they reach the 'Unmatched' category), and also they lose that same power when their parties are defeated (until they reach 0 -if I'm not mistaken-, and are completely eliminated). This is probably something you already know. (Keep reading)

What do I do now? I can't take the fight to Mordor, because no matter how many War parties I defeat ( This reaches a point where it isn't even fun, the battles actually get pointless because of how boring and constant they are), it doesn't make a difference, and I never, ever capture or kill an enemy lord in combat. My allies are stupid, and constantly charge into a 1200 strong group of mordor orcs when they only have like 150 soldiers( 2 Gondor leaders are dead,btw). How do I start initiating sieges?
The player may never start any sieges - the player is obliged to follow their commander into any siege their AI decides to begin. But you can change the way the AI chooses when and where to begin a siege.
In the TLD Options (Actions menu, if I remember), you can change several values; one of them is 'Siege Strength Requiements'. Explore it, and you'll discover that if you set it to 'None', the AI will start sieging any center, even Capitals, despite the factions' strength.
Quoting CppCoder, when I asked what all of those TLD Options were for:
IIRC, they alter the fac strength requirement for a center to be sieged. Defender only means that the center can be besieged regardless of the sieger's strength. None means that any center can be sieged at any time. I haven't played for a while though, so I could be wrong. :P

Offline Lord Xia

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I don't have a question or anything, but wanted to share a mildly amusing anecdote.  Talking about capturing commanders.  I was given the quest to capture a commander, and I captured King Theoden.  Before I could take him to the person who gave me the quest, Rohan fell.  So then the quest giver wouldn't accept Theoden as a captured commander.  I then tried to take him to the barracks and get some resources for him, but they wouldn't take him either.  I thought I would be stuck with this guy for ever, so I clicked on him and noticed I had the option of eating him.  So now my Dunlending character and his Dunlending troops are eating King Theoden.  It was very satisfying.

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
I don't have a question or anything, but wanted to share a mildly amusing anecdote.  Talking about capturing commanders.  I was given the quest to capture a commander, and I captured King Theoden.  Before I could take him to the person who gave me the quest, Rohan fell.  So then the quest giver wouldn't accept Theoden as a captured commander.  I then tried to take him to the barracks and get some resources for him, but they wouldn't take him either.  I thought I would be stuck with this guy for ever, so I clicked on him and noticed I had the option of eating him.  So now my Dunlending character and his Dunlending troops are eating King Theoden.  It was very satisfying.

;)

"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker