Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 921983 times)

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do you use the new Crafting (Engineer) skill?

From the skill description:
Each point to this skill both decreases the time to craft and upgrade equipment, and allows better quality upgrades. (Party skill)

i think that's the description from native. i don't think it does anything in tld unless i'm mistaken.
I suppose you are mistaken :). Renaming (from "Engineer" to "Crafting") and changing description of this skill was done exactly in the newest "coldfix". Furthermore, I also noticed added strings about upgrading of equipment in the "menus.txt" file.
However, these features aren't implemented in the coldfix, or I simply haven't noticed it, so... waiting for the new full version with crafting and upgrade equipment... I hope so, at least :).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:37:20 PM by Sirg »

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile

Each point to this skill both decreases the time to craft and upgrade equipment, and allows better quality upgrades. (Party skill)

Yes, this is a new skill added to TLD. This feature is about only 10% complete, so it is disabled until further notice. There are plans to put this new skill to use though. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:29:46 PM by CppCoder »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile

Yes, this is a new skill added to TLD. This feature is about only 10% complete, so it is disabled until further notice. There are plans to put this new skill to use though. :)

Sorry, just so I understand, when you say "craft and upgrade equipment" what do you mean exactly?  Do you mean that it would allow for the purchase of better equipment?  Or could you find better equipment in a merchant's store?  Maybe something else?

FS

It means what it says, at a high enough skill level you will be able to upgrade and craft your own equipment from metal scraps.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:46:24 AM by CppCoder »
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline Jango1138

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Help for a noob?
« Reply #1098 on: August 09, 2013, 01:39:33 PM »
Hi guys, I need your help. Whenever I try to play TLD I find myself constantly losing battles. I have not, as of yet, won a single battle. It feels like it's just the game, but maybe it's the characters I'm playing as. My questions are 1. What character should a beginner such as myself choose? 2. Do any of them start with a mount? 3. If I still have trouble, how do I uninstall it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:36:33 PM by Jango1138 »

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
Re: Help for a noob?
« Reply #1099 on: August 11, 2013, 05:47:49 AM »
1. Any character should do. It's how you pick your battles that makes a difference. Start with bands of tribal orcs, where there's 2-4 of them, you can easily beat those. Take some message delivery or find food or find scraps missions from lords or town elders to get some starting money. Then start building your army. So far you're the only person ever (out of millions of downloads we've had) that complained they can't win a single battle.
2. Don't think anyone starts mounted, but a lame horse or warg is cheap to buy.
3. For uninstalling, just delete TLD files. If you still have trouble, reinstall M&B. If you still have trouble, play something else.
4. Don't call modders assholes (on ModDB or anywhere else) when your rude attitude doesn't get you the answer you wanted.
5. Read manuals, FAQs and follow instructions, like on this forum written in big letters "TLD 3.23 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:49:25 AM by Triglav »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Ronin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 11, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
Don't buy a lame horse, you will not be able to use it in battles at all.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 11, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »

Let's see, how long have you played the game?  Triglav's suggestion is probably one of the best.  Remember that lame horses heal after a while...

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh

Offline Jango1138

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
1. Any character should do. It's how you pick your battles that makes a difference. Start with bands of tribal orcs, where there's 2-4 of them, you can easily beat those. Take some message delivery or find food or find scraps missions from lords or town elders to get some starting money. Then start building your army. So far you're the only person ever (out of millions of downloads we've had) that complained they can't win a single battle.
2. Don't think anyone starts mounted, but a lame horse or warg is cheap to buy.
3. For uninstalling, just delete TLD files. If you still have trouble, reinstall M&B. If you still have trouble, play something else.
4. Don't call modders assholes (on ModDB or anywhere else) when your rude attitude doesn't get you the answer you wanted.
5. Read manuals, FAQs and follow instructions, like on this forum written in big letters "TLD 3.23 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!"

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them. On the last two, he kind of was being an asshole. I mean, there was unnecessary Caps Lock, the fact that he was putting them in every reply, and the way he was typing them up.

GOT A BUG? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com
 GOT A QUESTION? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com
 NEED HELP? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com

Why not just put:
"Got a bug, question, or need help? Go here: Mbx.streetofeyes.com"
Instead, he took the time to type it out the way he did. It wasn't a rude attitude, it was not taking the $#!7 that he was dishing out. Speaking of which, if you read my post, why not reply there? And I didn't find my problems in the FAQs.

Offline Sp00nlord

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 12, 2013, 06:05:16 AM »
I'd advise starting as one of the good factions. You'll have a much easier time at the start of the game since your troops tend to be stronger and enemy parties weaker. e.g Isengard vs Rohan, Isengard scouts tend to be only 7-10 foot archers where the Rohan scouts are a similar number of the heavily armuored mounted archers. Picking your battles is the best tip though, as someone above said go for only tribal orcs or look for battles already in progress that you can definitely win, helping out allies tends to net you more resources/influence anyway.

Offline Triglav

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:08 AM »

Thanks for the tips, I'll try them. On the last two, he kind of was being an asshole. I mean, there was unnecessary Caps Lock, the fact that he was putting them in every reply, and the way he was typing them up.

GOT A BUG? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com
 GOT A QUESTION? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com
 NEED HELP? GO HERE: Mbx.streetofeyes.com

Why not just put:
"Got a bug, question, or need help? Go here: Mbx.streetofeyes.com"
Instead, he took the time to type it out the way he did. It wasn't a rude attitude, it was not taking the $#!7 that he was dishing out. Speaking of which, if you read my post, why not reply there? And I didn't find my problems in the FAQs.

You're welcome.

Most people around here already know that I haven't got much tolerance for stupid twats (not trying to be rude here, just stating a fact).

Even if things are in caps, like "Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!" or on ModDB in huge letters "PLEASE DON'T USE COMMENTS HERE FOR BUGREPORTS OR TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS! TLD DEVS DON'T HAVE TIME TO CHECK ALL AND ANSWER YOU. GO TO OUR FORUMS PLEASE!" you still manage to miss that and do exactly what we asked you not to do.

I am currently doing the job of occasionally checking comments on ModDB. You ignored the request on the first page to please direct all questions to this forum. You ignored the fact that every other question had the same copy-pasted answer, in CAPS SO THAT MAYBE YOU'D GET IT that we don't want to answer question on ModDB (because it's clunky, because the one occasional TLD modder that checks ModDB may not know all the answer or is tired answering the same shit over and over to people that didn't read the manual, nor check if their question has already been answered in one of the 1300+ replies there already) and your post was so rude it should have been deleted out of hand "This mod sucks, the resource points system is bullshit, change it for the next version or tell me how to uninstall game..." but I still bothered to direct you to this forum so you could get some help, thank you very much, but when you spiced it up with calling me an asshole it was deleted (as our disclaimer clearly states we will be deleting flaming or rude posts).

Why didn't I just answer you there? Hmm... Why didn't you just scroll through the 1300+ other comments for an answer? Why didn't you just follow the instructions to come to the forum and look for the answer? Why didn't you post this in the topic where we ask people to post questions? Cause you're special right? Never mind that most other people can follow simple instructions, but you, oh no, not you...

So yea, you're right, you shouldn't take any shit from asshole modders. But guess what, buddy, we don't have to take any shit form you either. You don't like the mod? Ask for your money back... oh wait, we gave it to you for free? What assholes indeed.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Jango1138

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 12, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
All right, you win. I don't see the point in dragging this on any longer. You're mostly right, and while there are some things I could argue against in your post, I want to instead offer my apologies. I'm sincerely sorry for being such a jerk. I don't expect you to accept them due to the way I've treated you and your companions, but there it is all the same. You have pointed some things out that I need to change about myself, and for that I thank you. If any of this sounds fake or sarcastic, I don't mean for it to come out that way. Sorry again for your time.

Offline Triglav

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 12, 2013, 03:52:38 PM »
Good. Spoken like a gentleman.
I suppose we can take it from here then...
Welcome to the forum. :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:04:38 PM by Triglav »
-Ancientwanker

Offline Jango1138

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 12, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
I appreciate it.  :)

Offline Ronin

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 17, 2013, 02:12:03 AM »

Let's see, how long have you played the game?  Triglav's suggestion is probably one of the best.  Remember that lame horses heal after a while...

FS
Well yes, but they are useless for a very long time. You can keep more money to yourself to buy a light horse sooner. It's not really a tip for beginners, since a beginner will need an immediate boost to his power. Besides, there is the fact that you need one of the healing skills to make the horse recover sooner. Without any skill it takes a very long time.

I want to change the stats of some of the items (orc weapons in particular), I have downloaded the OSP module system. What do I need to do further on?

Edit: And will my previously played saves be effected? I want to be able to play a new character with the changes I made, but also want to play my older saves (doesn't matter if changes are applied to them or not, I just want to be able to play them without crashing.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:25:16 AM by Ronin »

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
3 quick questions to the developers:

1.  Was it meant that the Isengard "legion" would not engage any other groups other than the player?  I had to attack them with my puny group of 75 troops and fight them multiple times to defeat them.  Just curious.
2.  In the download instructions, it stated to install the mod into C:\Mount&Blade\TLD but when you install it you have to choose C:\Mount&Blade\ (or whichever location you've installed Mount and Blade).  Did I miss something?  I'm only asking because I recently upgraded to 3.23 as I've been traveling for several months.
3.  Is it an unintended side effect that if many lords get killed of a faction that this faction regenerates quicker?  So, I'm playing for Gondor, but I've been fighting for Rohan for the most part in the beginning to counter their loss.  Anyway, during this time many of the Gondor commanders got killed.  More than any other game I've played (at least 5 or so).  Anyway, as a result Gondor hasn't been sending out hosts much and thus they've regenerated fairly quickly.

FS