Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 1152819 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD 3.1 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #825 on: September 26, 2012, 02:30:12 PM »
The submods are not hosted by us, nor do we keep the files backed up. So, no, not us. I'm sure someone will eventually.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.1 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #826 on: September 27, 2012, 01:06:11 AM »
Look into the threads for specific submods, they've all been re-uploaded long ago.

Offline NBD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 27, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »
Err, I used the auto installer and manually overwrited every file that was specified in the manual. I ran Iron launcher with and without Administrator and both times a message popped up "Ironlauncher is working" for about 5 seconds then disappears. TLD won't show on the module menu either. I have no clue what I did wrong. I probably made a moronic mistake, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to installing mods.

Make absolutely sure you choose the right install path during the installation, the installer doesn't always find it. (ie. something/Mount&Blade/Modules/)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:52:04 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Falco

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 28, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
I have a problem. I played as Dunedain and after I play some time when I start the battle or I came into Location the game is lagging and i can't do anything. When i reset my computer and load the game the error is repeated. When I create new character it reapet too after some time. Btw sory for my english.

Offline Barf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 28, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
Merlkir, thoughts on M&B2 announcement and future of TLD in relation?

My thoughts are this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmueYJ0VhA

Oh wait. TLD related? I can't speak for anyone but myself. If they come back, we might end up trying to make TLD for MnB 2. (we talked about it in the past, sure did)
But who knows these things? I don't. :)

AIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! HAMMER OF THE GODS!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 12:18:49 AM by Merlkir »

Offline ERankLuck

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
My game crashes almost immediately after the War starts.  About 5 minutes after the cutscene I would just be riding around following my allies around trying not to die to the massive hordes that are now running around and then game crashes.

Offline Hemethir

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have reported a bug on the Bug Reports thread and I am very impressed on the promptness of your posting and willingness to aid me.  The bug was determined to be a save corruption that may be caused due to high number of global parties which is set at the default of 900.  An individual gave me a remedy to this solution by saying that I needed to decrease this number to be in between 750 and 850.  However, forgive me if I seem incompetent, but I have failed to see how to change the maximum number of parties.  Browsing the forums has resulted in people saying that they can change it via their camp options, yet I am given no such options when I am in the camp menu.  I have no desire to be an inconvenience or further burden to your schedules so answer whenever you may fancy doing so.

Offline makou

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hemethir,

This option is available in the 3.2 beta version, not the 3.1 one.

If you want to try the 3.2 beta version, read the corresponding thread to learn more about it.
Be careful though, it is not savegame compatible : you'll have to start a new game.

Have fun !

Offline Hemethir

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Oh thank you very much!  I thought I was just blind to the option, but thank you for shedding light on this!

Offline Mr. Uruk

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
How does one acquire troll troops? I've heard you get them from the Saruman capture quest but from my experience this is not true.

Offline Aerandir

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Sorry if this is somewhere obvious, but how does one fulfill an oath of vengeance? Hama was killed by a Dunland war party and I swore an oath, I've won dozens of battles against Dunland but nothing seems to be happening. Do I have to kill one of the Dunland leaders?

It should end after a few days. Just give it some time.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:36:30 PM by CppCoder »

Offline London_Mark

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Any tips on what to do if someone besieges a factions last settlement with just a handful of soldiers an refuses to assault it?

I current have Thorin sat outside Main Rhun Camp (their last settlement) with 28 men.  He won't attack, they won't spawn anyone to attack him.  He's just stuck there?

Try luring an enemy party into him. This bug should be fixed in the next patch.

Thanks, not sure why I didnt think of that!  Lured a Dol Guldur host up there which saw him off!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:04:21 PM by London_Mark »

Offline Wolf

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'm know this has been asked before, but it's not in the FAQ, search just lead to a lot of unrelated stuff except for one guy asking the same question and being told off for opening a new thread (although he didn't open the thread, he just posted in it) and told to post in this thread. I'm not about to read all 50+ pages, so I'm going to ask again. Sorry.

What's the deal with the Gandalf event where he tells you to go see your faction leader? I've had it as both Gondor and Lothlorien, and in both cases my leader didn't have so much as a quest for me. Is it bugged? Not fully implemented? Is it just supposed to encourage you to help your own faction?
¨
Yes. Specifically it should encourage to NOT refuse when your leader summons you.

Also, the whole anti-bot verfication thing on this forum is a little excessive. Most websites typing in the characters from one easily-legible image is sufficient. And I only need to do it once, usually when signing up for an account. Here I really struggle to tell what the hell letters are in the image, I have to do it when I search, when I post, apparently when I do anything, even though I'm already logged in. What's more, I have to answer three other questions? I've never seen that before, anywhere else on the internet.

Well, it helps with the spambots. It'll go away after a few posts.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:58:26 AM by Merlkir »

Offline London_Mark

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
If a factions Advanced camp gets destroyed will they stop sending troops to the area?

Rohans advance camp in Gondor is under assault by about 800 Mordor troops (TEN Olog Hai  :o)...it will cost me nearly all of my elite troops to help defend it....is it worth it?  Or will they just set up a new one?

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
If a factions Advanced camp gets destroyed will they stop sending troops to the area?

Rohans advance camp in Gondor is under assault by about 800 Mordor troops (TEN Olog Hai  :o)...it will cost me nearly all of my elite troops to help defend it....is it worth it?  Or will they just set up a new one?

Good question.  I've never let them fall throughout my campaigns.  Could you possibly save the game and then see what happens?  Then reload with the new information.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130