Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 1152810 times)

Offline Inarius

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Same problem as Vooodooo, everyday i have the "quest finished" message, but I can't finish it as I can't speak to myself

Offline Pingpong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'm getting the same problem as the_scottsman with enemy nation levels staying up high consistently despitre repeatedly thrashing a faction. I have the latest hotfix/patches and I'm a bit of a loss as what to do. There aren't any supply trains to raid and only 3 or 4 armies left. What can i do?

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi forum!

I'm getting crashes while defending a siege at Cair Andros as Gondor. So I did a quick search and found that I should either turn off ragdolls or lower my battle size. Currently my battle size is already capped at 100, that's half of the default size right?

Anyway I'm gonna try some more options and so some more research. But if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

P.S. I'm playing 3.13, manually installed all files, using Steam, and the "improved animations" submod. I don't think any of these caused the crash, but the info is here just in case.

EDIT: Okay I turned off ragdolls and the battle progressed. For a while anyway until I got a new error. This time Runtime C++ library or something said the program was asked to terminate in an unusual way. So I did more research lol and found this: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php?topic=2535.0

Which says the solution is this: "(warning: This option is only for skilled computer users!!) - If you have Win7 and enhanced version (M&B.exe 2.0Mb in size) try set it as "Large Address Aware". E.g. by using CFF explorer to edit exe under 'File Header>Characteristics>click here> and check "app can handle >2gb address space", (hat tip Barf)"

I have Win7 and Nvidia, so this seems like it'll work for me. Now I'm no computer pro but the thread seems to suggest this is the fix. So can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:06:26 PM by mymee »

Offline Grothag

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html

Look in this thread and download 1 of the suggesed programs, I'm using Large Address Aware, then install it and add M&B.exe and Iron Launcher.exe( if you're using it) in the program.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:56:57 PM by Grothag »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Make sure you have more than 2 GB RAM, otherwise it's pointless.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Induriel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html

Look in this thread and download 1 of the suggesed programs, I'm using Large Address Aware, then install it and add M&B.exe and Iron Launcher.exe( if you're using it) in the program.
Select an Executable = Mount and Blade.exe
-> Enable more than 2 GB Ram.

Right?

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
Does anyone know how to place troops in edit mode? I think vota_dc spoke something about testing elf vs. dwarf, how did he do it?

Offline kaplar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, just thought I'd say fantastic mod. Been waiting on it forever, and now I'm enjoying it immensely.
I've been having a small problem though, my game constantly crashes when my battle sizer is set to over 400. Every time I'd set it under 200 it would work fine. Usually I would think it is a problem with my rig yet in warband I can play with over 500+ units with no issues, with that in mind I am attempting to find out the source of the problem.

I wanted to ask whether or not patch 3.13 would help with this issue, due to the overload in memory with the music? If so, is it possible for someone to upload it onto a different mirror other than gamefront. For some reason the gamefront link refuses to download, I'm guessing it might be my area or something. In any case I would consider it a huge favor if someone could do this.

Also, sorry if this has been already asked and answered.
Thanks.

Regards,
Kap

Be glad for this battle size. Quite frankly, what your rig can do in Warband doesn't matter. While TLD is super optimized, the MnB engine simply isn't built for battle sizes like that. So, no, 3.13 won't help with that. It might help with performance overall, or prevent some random music induced crashes, yes. You can download it from our ModDB site.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:30:48 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Wowwars

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Where are the Saves located in TLD? got a corrupt thinking of trying to do one of your tips.

Offline LCJr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Could someone shed a little light on healing serious wounds for the player and companions?  Do they heal over time or are they permanent?  Any skills help?  IIRC in the .808 version had healers in the capitals, are they gone?

Offline GondorKnight

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
@Wowwars
The save records are inside your system 'Documents' folder.
There's the 'Mount&Blade Savegames'.
All the saves are inside the different Modules folder respectively- 'TLD' for 'TLD' obviously. lol

@LCJr
It seems it's rather random; putting your people back to 100% seems to have some effect(at least for me?)
Maybe the Healing skill would help?

Offline hisuphola

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Could someone shed a little light on healing serious wounds for the player and companions?  Do they heal over time or are they permanent?  Any skills help?  IIRC in the .808 version had healers in the capitals, are they gone?

They heal over time, and forget what it called but ya 1 of them does make them heal faster. I am sure by now if you kept playing though you noticed that though as it can easily only take a day for a wound to heal.

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
How can I minimize the battle feedback text?

I mean things like:

Large Orc of Mordor was killed by Archer of the Tower Guard...
repeat
repeat
repeat

I still want the text so I can know how the battle is going, but I don't want it taking up half my screen. There are some LONG names out there! So is there a way I can shrink these texts?

Thanks.

Not as far as I know. Just turn it off ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:01:54 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Rene Korda

• Master
    • View Profile
I still want the text so I can know how the battle is going, but I don't want it taking up half my screen.

Use the Backspace menu, it provides more then enough info.

Offline mymee

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
What's the highest tier for Citadel Guard Armor? I think it's the Citadel Knight reward for Gondor, costs 25 influence. I'm level 32, but it still only shows up as "Tough." If I keep leveling will that eventually become "Lordly?"

Also higher tier items are so rare, am I still considered too low level for them? If so, what level do I need to be to start seeing "Lordly" gear? Gosh leveling is a grind, but it's fun because the rewards are worth it!