Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 1305830 times)

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.0 FAQ - Ask your questions!
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2011, 02:06:25 pm »
It was easy enough when it lay on the ground riddled with a dozen arrows.

Do resource points per week increase even though you level up your rank after rank 10?

Offline WerenCantRememberHisEmail

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »
It was easy enough when it lay on the ground riddled with a dozen arrows.

Do resource points per week increase even though you level up your rank after rank 10?
Well I have rank 11 with Erebor atm and I'm receiving 715 rps per day. (600 per day at rank 10)

Offline Duha

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2011, 03:01:54 pm »
Q: windy_flora error! Halp!
Q: mtarini_snow_technique error! Halp!
Q: font is garbled! Halp!
Q: soldiers cant hit each other! Halp![/b]
A: RTFM and do manual file copying correctly, from TLD/Data folder to respective places in MB folders

If you make same file tree as in game folder,  you will just need one string in manual: "Copy all files and folders in /module/Data/" to main Mount and Blade folder.  Users will be more happy :)

Toffey

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »
What impact does a commander dying have on his faction's strength? I'm thinking of turning the option off, so would there be much of a change in gameplay or balance if I did? They seem to get killed pretty often, and it's more interesting to have them wandering about than just seeing a bunch of burial mounds.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:47:42 pm by Toffey »

Nameless One

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »
Is it true that some settlements don't have all the shops or don't have the local authority or am I missing something? For example, it seems to me that Mirkwood has the local authority only in Thranduil's Hall and that Beornings have a smith only in Beorn's House but don't have a supplies merchant there. Is this true or am I missing those guys?

Edit: I also can't find local authority in Beorning Village.

Ildanach

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 02:27:13 am »
Any plans for the Rammas Echor? I do not really see it being feasible, but I thought I should ask regardless.

Hmmm, probably not as a fortress, but not a bad idea. Might be added in some way.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:18:16 am by Merlkir »

Nameless One

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:02 am »
What's with the weekend patch? Got delayed or did I miss an announcement?

Well, the coders mostly have time during the weekend, but there were many bugs. Probably didn't manage to fix them all in time. I'm done with my GUI fixes. ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:46:43 am by Merlkir »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2011, 04:01:11 am »
What's with the weekend patch? Got delayed or did I miss an announcement?

Well, the coders mostly have time during the weekend, but there were many bugs. Probably didn't manage to fix them all in time. I'm done with my GUI fixes. ;)
Most code fixes were done, and GA is likely to release it in the evening (he seemed to have pulled an all-nighter last night :)).
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2011, 04:16:00 am »
Most code fixes were done, and GA is likely to release it in the evening (he seemed to have pulled an all-nighter last night :)).
Glad to hear it :)! Hope GA can catch up on some rest.

Offline ghanburighan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2011, 05:14:10 am »
I'm curious, is taking lords prisoner disabled? I've never managed to capture one and have not seen others capturing lords. And on a related note, are you planning on implementing rescue missions like in 2.4? It seems the fantastic scenes you guys made are suitable for that (but I realize coding and bughunting such quests is quite a task). No pressure intended of course, but I'm just wondering.

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:36 am »
I'm curious, is taking lords prisoner disabled? I've never managed to capture one and have not seen others capturing lords. And on a related note, are you planning on implementing rescue missions like in 2.4? It seems the fantastic scenes you guys made are suitable for that (but I realize coding and bughunting such quests is quite a task). No pressure intended of course, but I'm just wondering.
Yes, you can't capture lords, except through a quest.
I think GetAssista, who did the reverse-engineering of 2.4 code and integration of some old features, plans to adapt the rescue and stealth missions too, when there is less bug-fixing to do.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Kendogreg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2011, 01:29:10 pm »
Can an, Uruk of Mordor, ride the, Despoiler of Durthang, Huge Warg?
Yes, he, is, supposed, to. He, cannot?
He can it took me awhile to get the riding rank.....Now "Ugluck the Fastidious" is awesome!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:12:09 pm by Kendogreg »

pullussanguis

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2011, 01:56:11 pm »
I havent seen  anyone post anything on this yet...I noticed that the elven statues have pointed ears, will pointed ears on elves be implemented at a later date? Perhaps the ears can be removed off of the elves head models and added to their hair so they dont stick out of the helmets or conflict with the heads. I dont know much on modding, i just like pointed ears :) Maybe there is allready a post on this or it is explained elsewhere, if so can someone link the post?

Offline Arsakes

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2011, 04:49:13 pm »
Could it be possible to play as a "morally ambiguous" character?
I mean  (for example) redeemed easterling, hostile to sauron and other bad guys or a gondorian traitor?

smithy93

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:17 pm »
I have tried downloading the file numerous times and i cant even unzip it no matter which program i use (WinZip, 7-Zip, whatever)
the mod looks epic, but i cant touch it, any hints?

Browsers can cache a corrupt download. You can try a different link, or a different browser. You can also delete your browser's cache and try again.

only tried chrome as of yet, deleted cache to no avail, i just get the 'Incorrect Command Line' error message...

should i try another browser then?