login

Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 905191 times)

Nameless One

Re: TLD 3.0 FAQ - Ask your questions!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »
I found an item in Moria that got me lost. After that, I found a door that offers the retreat option. If I use the door and click on 'Yes',  I end up getting lost again. Two questions:

1) Did I find the right exit after getting lost? Is this a bug or is there another exit?
Yes. It is a bug, will be fixeed in weekend patch
2) Is this the only interesting thing that can be found in Moria? (yes or no, please)
No. But that neavily depends on what you deem interesting
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:53:10 AM by GetAssista »

Ildanach

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
I have been playing for quite a long time now and have only received one trait. How common is it to get traits? Can we only get them through actions in battle? It would be nice to have a few hints on how to obtain them as I feel I am missing something.

Edit - In reply to MadVader below this post, I asked for hints to point us in the right direction, not direct statements on how to obtain each individual trait.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:27:06 PM by Ildanach »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
I have been playing for quite a long time now and have only received one trait. How common is it to get traits? Can we only get them through actions in battle? It would be nice to have a few hints on how to obtain them as I feel I am missing something.
If we told you how to get them, it wouldn't be that much fun for you, would it? They are rare and mysterious.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Wolfblood

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
Hey there, I have a bug where I can't attack all non-human models. Well it's not a bug; I know I've obviously installed the mod wrong because I've played the WARHAMMER mod. I'm just wondering if you could tell me which file I got wrong so I don't have to shuffle around through everything or just reinstall the model.

I've gotten my guy and saved file pretty far killing only Corsairs. But I'm sick of having to run from small bands of orcs or having to force my men to fight them without my leadership where they usually die due to some stupid points system.

(Swan Knights vs Orcs; none of the knights should die.)

Any who, I'm guessing it's the skeletons. But just let me know which file I need to re-install and throw in there to fix this little problem of mine. That'd be much obliged ta.
wrong install, RTFM
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:56:22 PM by GetAssista »

Nameless One

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
Several questions:

1) Are elves supposed to be in kind of semi-alliance with dwarves? Playing a Rivendell Elf, I can enter dwarven towns normally but when I meet their parties on the map I can only fight them. I can get a quest from a dwarven lord while he is in a town, but if he goes out I can't tell him I completed it until he goes to a town. Another thing I noticed is that dwarves end up as prisoners when I rescue them.

2) There is a similar situation between the evil factions and neutrals/bandits/outlaws/outcasts. The neutrals are hostile to the evil player but not to any of the evil factions. When there is a large battle between good and evil guys, the neutrals can take place on the evil side, but the player will be unable to join if the neutrals were one of the sides that started the battle.

3) While playing as an Uruk, the morale of my party went low and I got constant mutinies by orcs, requiring me to defeat a rather powerful orc in a duel or lose most of my party. I didn't notice this while playing as an orc even though my morale went low in with that character as well. Do mutinies happen only to Uruk player with orcs in the party? Would it help to not recruit orcs? Do goblins mutiny as well? The duel is very difficult at lower levels and I would really like to avoid it.
orcs have their ways with their kin, so lower chance of mutiny. If you are weak and attempt to command many orcs, they will more likely challenge your command
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:55:39 PM by GetAssista »

Offline Nidion

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
I was wondering if there were any elven bows that you can use mounted. I hired Glorfindel, and I noticed he uses what I believe to be a Rivendell Bow. I know it could be a "special" bow since he is a High End elf companion and I can't view his gear to be sure. But I would like to know if there is one, I believe I'm rank 7 with Lothlorien and Rank 8 with Rivendell atm, and neither of the special items so far have any bows besides the Galad bow, which you can't use on mounts.
a certain reward from one of the factions can help
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:53:02 PM by GetAssista »

Offline Northcott

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
In the quest to free X number of prisoners, do you need to take them into your party or just free them? Can they be any kind of allies, or must they be "nobles" who are held prisoner?

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
In the quest to free X number of prisoners, do you need to take them into your party or just free them? Can they be any kind of allies, or must they be "nobles" who are held prisoner?
They need to be taken to your party. There is also a helpful counter in the quest notes for tracking your progress, I believe.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Northcott

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »
Sod. Given restrictions of resources and party size, that proves to be a bit of a problem. Ah, well!

Offline Davos

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:42 PM »
Playing as a Dunedain, some questions from a beginner in this beautiful mod :

- How can you "train" your character (if it is even possible) ?

- What is the max number of companions you can recruit ? Are they moving around like in vanilla ?

- Can you give some advices for a fresh start ?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:13:53 PM by Davos »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »
Playing as a Dunedain, some questions from a beginner in this beautiful mod :

- How can you "train" your character (if it is even possible) ?

- What is the max number of companions you can recruit ? Are they moving around like in vanilla ?

- Can you give some advices for a fresh start ?

Thanks in advance
- Go to a friendly capital, and talk to the barracks commander.
- 9 for a good player. No.
- Read the manual.

cifre

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
Hey there. Congrats for the good job you did with the mod.
However I am irreversible converted to the warband fighting animations and because I dont know when you'll port it, I started to change them manually.
There's an issue I encounter and I was wondering if you have any clue on how to solve it.
The slash to right and slash to left anims in warband works the same on whatever angle you face your char, but in m&b they're affected on the facing angle (upward or downward). As an example, the full anim is triggered only when your view is parallel to the ground. So in other words, if you look down, the slash anim will just stump instead of going all the way from left to right in a wide course.
Any thoughts? Thanks for any info.
PS: when I give my example, I mean the new warband anims, implemented in your m&b mod//

Errr...you want us to help with animations YOU tried to put in from Warband? We don't know anything about that, sorry.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:46:39 PM by Merlkir »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
Note that because of our own sanity we don't support hacks and changes to TLD. And that's also why we won't help you doing that.
People tend to try all kinds of hacks, with different degrees of fail, then they'll likely report them as our bugs, and waste our precious time that we could use to help people with genuine problems.
So, please use your judgement and assume responsibility. Or best of all, consider that you don't really have to hack TLD to enjoy it.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
Anyway, someone over on TW already managed to get the Warband animations working in MnB, look for that.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Eugenioso

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
how the heck do i recruit units as the elves?

Are you kidding? The same way as everyone else, obviously.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:53:11 PM by Merlkir »