login

Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 772519 times)

Offline crazyEldar

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi all, i've downloaded the latest version for warband; fist of all, amazing mod but... I have a little bit of problems (i've searched for it but i hadn't find anything):
1_Music of the mod doesn't sound in the game, in any part of it (i listen only vanilla music) (and maybe all sounds of the don't work)
2_Sometimes my army doesn't maintain the formation but at the begenning of the battle charge as in vanilla
3_In the training fights my PG is without weapons
4_When riders are killed, wargs doesn't attack as in the past version
5_Some supply trains are naimed "Wath's zupdog?"

Thanks at all (please use a simple english because i'm not english :P)

1. Not exactly sure why this is happening.
2. Formations are bugged right now. Still being debugged.
3. I noticed this one before. Trying to figure out why.
4. I believe this is fixed in the dev version.
5. Probably an install error, ill check it later.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:26:51 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Aljo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I hope this is the correct thread to ask this...
I have the "capture and enemy commander" quest active, I have fought lords of both khand and umbar, i got nothing from them- not even a message that they got away or whatever.

any suggestions?

EDIT: nvm, worked the third time with a mordor lord
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:28:52 PM by Aljo »

Offline LSD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Do scouts and raiding parties have any additional purpose besides being an enemy presence on the map? I'm guessing scout parties give factions sight over the area they're scouting, but does that have any influence over warparty actions? Like will factions prioritise attacking places that are scouted and things like that?

As for raiding parties: do they just exist to ambush caravans/scouts/weak parties? Like, will a place infested with raiders have economic trouble or not have a lot of troops to recruit or something?

I ask because i often see loading screen hints about scouts, but they're always gone before i get a chance to read them. Think it calls them the "eyes and ears" of factions, which sounds pretty important.

I'm also wondering if clearing scouts and raiders might help raise a faction's strength. Gondor's so weak that everywhere's infested with raiders and scouts. Would clearing them out help them raise their strength? Like, with caravans being freely able to pass around and stuff?
Or is strength just something that's slowly regained over time (if the faction isn't losing big battles)?

Thanks!

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Now that CppCoder is back and helping Swyter push out the much awaited patch, perhaps it is now realistic to discuss (to implement if they wish) what can be done to alleviate two major issues that I feel reduce the "fun momentum" players get the moment they start playing TLD.

1) The "grinding" that occurs mid-late game, where players just keep on looking/waiting for war parties, scouts, etc in order to bring down faction strength.
2) The "waiting game" that occurs when the player has to wait for allies to besiege territory.

I believe the two are quite connected, as sometimes, after grinding so much, the player still has to wait for allies to start a siege.

I know that we can use the following features within the TLD menu to deal with both 1 and 2:
-- Increase size of parties --> more parties in map --> more enemies to kill --> reduce faction strength
-- Reduce faction strength siege requirements --> increase likelihood of allies to siege territory.

However, I believe this is labelled a "cheat" as these were not originally as designed.

I understand that the Devs did not want to allow players to start their own sieges. However, what could be a non-cheat gameplay option of dealing with these 2 issues, without allowing players to siege?

On the top of my head, it seems allowing players to siege is the 'easiest' fix (we are speaking relatively here of course), but making it so that it is quite hard to achieve (e.g high influence point requirements for X amount of factions; maybe high relations with the faction leaders as well [in order to make use of that feature, as it looks like we increase relation with people, but there is no purpose of doing so]; minimum of Y amount of non-fodder troops [if that is even possible to code]; etc)

Really looking forward for your thoughts!

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery

On the top of my head, it seems allowing players to siege is the 'easiest' fix (we are speaking relatively here of course), but making it so that it is quite hard to achieve (e.g high influence point requirements for X amount of factions; maybe high relations with the faction leaders as well [in order to make use of that feature, as it looks like we increase relation with people, but there is no purpose of doing so]; minimum of Y amount of non-fodder troops [if that is even possible to code]; etc)

Really looking forward for your thoughts!

Yes, this is pretty much what I want to do. (and Cpp seems to be the right person to do it, as Swyter feels more comfortable with issues directly related to the port)
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
1) The "grinding" that occurs mid-late game, where players just keep on looking/waiting for war parties, scouts, etc in order to bring down faction strength.
This especially concerns Isengard. This is very annoying to downgrade it's strength to 1000 (appearing a Last Stand warparty), so I've made a tweak, that allows player to tune faction strength when Last Stand party appears. 

Last Stand Party appears when faction strength is less than 1000, but it is too low value for some factions (such as Isengard), so if we don't want to grind tiny parties around Isengard, we should raise threshold of faction's strength then last stand partie appears. For example, from 1000 (default) to 2000 (it is just an example, this value may be even 8000 - in that case last stand parties will appear in the beginning of the game ;)).

So, what we have to do:

1. Make a copy of "simple_triggers.txt" file.
2. Open the file simple_triggers.txt, find the line (it's number is 59, if file is opened in notepad++) 1224979098644774912 150 1000 542 and replace to 1224979098644774912 150 2000 542.
3. Then find the line (it's number also 59) 3 1224979098644774919 1 1000 501 and replace to 3 1224979098644774919 1 2000 501.
4. Save changes and close the file.

That's all, the last stand parties will appear if faction strength is less than 2000. After defeating the last stand partie of faction you want to eliminate, you may change "simple_triggers.txt" to default - new game is not needed.

Maybe there are more lines same as proper in "simple_triggers.txt", so I pointed number of proper lines (number 59) if file is opened in notepad++ (I use it instead of standard windows notepad).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:11:38 PM by Sirg »

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
This especially concerns Isengard. This is very annoying to downgrade it's strength to 1000 (appearing a Last Stand warparty), so I've made a tweak, that allows player to tune faction strength when Last Stand party appears. 

Last Stand Party appears when faction strength is less than 1000, but it is too low value for some factions (such as Isengard), so if we don't want to grind tiny parties around Isengard, we should raise threshold of faction's strength then last stand partie appears. For example, from 1000 (default) to 2000 (it is just an example, this value may be even 8000 - in that case last stand parties will appear in the beginning of the game ;)).

So, what we have to do:

1. Make a copy of "simple_triggers.txt" file.
2. Open the file simple_triggers.txt, find the line (it's number is 59, if file is opened in notepad++) 1224979098644774912 150 1000 542 and replace to 1224979098644774912 150 2000 542.
3. Then find the line (it's number also 59) 3 1224979098644774919 1 1000 501 and replace to 3 1224979098644774919 1 2000 501.
4. Save changes and close the file.

That's all, the last stand parties will appear if faction strength is less than 2000. After defeating the last stand partie of faction you want to eliminate, you may change "simple_triggers.txt" to default - new game is not needed.

Maybe there are more lines same as proper in "simple_triggers.txt", so I pointed number of proper lines (number 59) if file is opened in notepad++ (I use it instead of standard windows notepad).

I'll probably up it to 1500-ish. 2k seems a little bit to powerful to be destroyed by defeating a single party.
Also, I've noticed trolls aren't working. Can any other players confirm this in the Warband port?

Before I add tweaks or new features, I'm working on bugfixing and getting old features to work as intended. Once those are finished and the game is bug-free, I'll make these kind of tweaks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:23:45 PM by CppCoder »

Offline Sirg

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I'll probably up it to 1500-ish. 2k seems a little bit to powerful to be destroyed by defeating a single party.
Maybe. It was just an example.

By the way, which factions can be destroyed by defeating their last stand parties? I applied this tweak with strength threshold 8000, and only parties of Isengard and Mirkwood appeared. However, I've seen comments about last stand partie of Mordor, but have never seen it in my games.

It's only for Mirkwood and Isengard. Mordor has last stand parties, but i dont recall the conditions for them to spawn.

Thanks for clarification. One way or another, I've seen comments about Mordor last stand partie on russian forums, so it really can be spawned.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:05:46 AM by Sirg »

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Can you explain what you mean about Trolls are not working? I've noticed in WB that they are not as hard as they were before and are easily defeated. I think they don't even attack as much (or perhaps they get interrupted too easily).

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Swyter did something to fix trolls iirc, maybe look through the SVN log.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Here's a trello card talking about trolls: https://trello.com/c/MuCnIOO3/57-sometimes-troll-victims-don-t-ragdoll-to-the-ground-but-instead-get-stuck-upright-in-standing-position

Also, within that card, Marco posted something troll animations that might be interesting.

Offline CppCoder

• The Last TLD Coder
  • The Last Days Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Swyter did something to fix trolls iirc, maybe look through the SVN log.
Here's a trello card talking about trolls: https://trello.com/c/MuCnIOO3/57-sometimes-troll-victims-don-t-ragdoll-to-the-ground-but-instead-get-stuck-upright-in-standing-position

Also, within that card, Marco posted something troll animations that might be interesting.
Can you explain what you mean about Trolls are not working? I've noticed in WB that they are not as hard as they were before and are easily defeated. I think they don't even attack as much (or perhaps they get interrupted too easily).

What I meant is that in the current version i've never seen trolls actually attack. Maybe they get interrupted or something, but in an almost full gameplay through i haven't seen a troll actually attack.

Offline ObscuredWanderer

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello! I posted week ago in the thread of 'bug reports' what I thought that would be considered a 'bug'. I checked that no reply had been made until today (like at least "it's possible" or even "are you blind? read the freaking install guide!" or simply "no."). :shock:

So I considered that the moderators did not reply until recently because either had no time to spare due to life routine or my post was stupid enough and therefore ignored or it was not related to a 'bug' or maybe it was rather more like a question. Does not matter anymore, I removed the post.  :lol:

Anyway, in the TLD 3.3 for 'vanilla' M&B some NPC's are hairless or beardless. Is this a 'bug'?  :o

PS: Portuguese to English translations are not reliable these days and I my bilingual ability is quite rusty, so grammar issues might be encountered. I hope it is comprehensible enough.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bald elf should be a bug, the dwarf is not. (some helmets disable beards and you can imagine they have them tucked under the mask, or behind their armour. There's too much clipping of the helmet and beard models and it looks awful otherwise.)

Offline tyg3r

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Has there been any progress on the formation thing that I'm missing out on ? :)
Also, is it normal for baddie gear to be lootable after battle and buyable in towns ? I thought that was impossible in the previous version, and didn't mind that at all tbh..