Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 792426 times)

Offline belkak021

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1185 on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:09 PM »
Thats very strange. You shouldnt have crashes with the specs you have. Perhaps download TLD 3.3 and the Compat patch again, maybe you had a corrupt download?

My suggestion would be:

Uninstall and Reinstall Warband
Download TLD 3.3 and the Compat patch
Download the 4GB patch, found here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Use that file to patch your Warband.exe
Run Warband once, then quit
Copy TLD 3.3 into your Warband\Modules folder
Copy the Compat patch into your Warband\Modules folder folder
Run TLD.

Let us know how it goes.
it didnĀ“t work

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!
« Reply #1186 on: February 23, 2014, 02:19:50 AM »
4GB patch is meaningless as Warband already IS made to handle more memory. The Iron Launcher (as stated in the manual) doesn't do anything else in Warband than playing the intro, so that's not it either.

My guess you're trying to fight against wargs in some shape or form and don't have the quick warg fix Swyter posted to the Trello board.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline belkak021

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »
4GB patch is meaningless as Warband already IS made to handle more memory. The Iron Launcher (as stated in the manual) doesn't do anything else in Warband than playing the intro, so that's not it either.

My guess you're trying to fight against wargs in some shape or form and don't have the quick warg fix Swyter posted to the Trello board.

that was it, it was that the two battle i crashed i was attacking isengard. Thank you very much

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 24, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »
Wait so let me get something clear, even on Warband, you still can't siege? Is the compatibility for warband only to let people enjoy TLD without buying the original mount and blade? Why are you guys so against sieging? Wouldn't it be super easy to code in, at least in the warband version?

Glad to see you guys are still up and running! Despite my old, long save getting corrupted, I'm happy to see you skilled modders still developing this fantastic expansion!

Offline azile0

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 24, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
It's more to keep the game lore-friendly and make sieges more important events. It was a conscious design choice on the TLD team's part, and it helps preserve the image of LOTR.

Warband just has more to it. More animations, better graphics, etc.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #1190 on: February 25, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »
Yeah, it's super easy to code in, I'm sure.

It's on my toDo list, AFTER we fix the porting bugs. And IF Swyter decides to stay and help out, or if CppCoder comes back and has the time to do gameplay tweaks.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Triglav

• I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 26, 2014, 07:03:50 AM »
Wait so let me get something clear, even on Warband, you still can't siege? Is the compatibility for warband only to let people enjoy TLD without buying the original mount and blade? Why are you guys so against sieging? Wouldn't it be super easy to code in, at least in the warband version?

Glad to see you guys are still up and running! Despite my old, long save getting corrupted, I'm happy to see you skilled modders still developing this fantastic expansion!

For the zillionth time! It was a gameplay decision of the TLD mod team.
Because:

1. We wanted sieges to be a major big deal, and not just a whim of any ol' adventurer to go sieging Minas Tirith or Morannon, just because they're there. Read the books again and observe it took several superheroes, kings, megavillains and magical beings to carry out sieges...

2. There aren't as many locations in TLD as there are in M&B or Warband. Our locaitons are all unique and if they'd be sieged and fell too quickly, there wouldn't be much of the game. You're supposed to battle and grind down the enemy overall strength and then hope your king will go siege them and then you can help... Going straight for the siege would just be super-easy.

3. Once and for all, TLD is NOT M&B or Warband in LOTR dress. It's a total conversion. That means it does not try or want to use all Vanila gameplay mechanics, but instead it introduces its own ones that are in accordance to LOTR lore. So the sieges aren't there because we couldn't put them in, but because we didn't want to.

After all the years, after all the FAQs, after all the forum explanations, that we still get questions like this, shows unbelieveable ignorance on your behalf ajaytech! Not impressed!  >:(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:05:30 AM by Triglav »
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline Banok

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 26, 2014, 10:57:12 AM »
Not sure if permadeath for player is working as intended, I keep waking up.

Offline Beorn424

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 26, 2014, 06:15:03 PM »
Hey Triglav, you succeeded with making sieges a big deal. Whenever my allies, my faction or not, I'll drop what I'm doing and head there to help out. The opportunities to take a town/camp are scarce which means it is something you have to learn to value.

I also like how many locations can be razed, meaning that once it is lost it's gone forever. It really encourages you to take the defense of towns seriously.

Offline misellus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I have the following issue with my game at the moment: Whenever i load my game and move a bit on the map i get crashes. I followed the advice at the sticky note about the fixes but with no change whatsoever. Saving in the camp didn't help and renaming the savestate didn't either.

I created a new character and after a few hours i got this crash again on the main map. I noticed that it happened with my dwarf on level 13 and my elf on level 12, i guess its some kind of event that isn't properly triggered and causes the crashes.

I wish you all a nice sunday and thank you in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i play the mod on Warband.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:54:09 AM by misellus »

Offline acci_dent

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Is patching 3.1 to 3.3 as simple as extracting the files and overwriting everything?

Are there any differences between the warband and regular M&B versions? Is warband any less stable?

Offline Hegemon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
What are the disadvantages of porting TLD from 1.011 to Warband?

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
-Warg crash (fixed if you download the wargs.brf file from trello)
-Dunlander camp crash
-Faction resource points are not used properly when upgrading units
-Formations AI not working properly
-Morale seems bugged
-Player spawns without weapon in Training Arenas
-Warg riders do not spawn as riderless wargs when killed

Most if not all of these are/will be fixed on the upcoming patch, which may or may not bring another slew of problems.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:48:39 AM by Khamukkamu »

Offline Khamukkamu

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Hey Swy, Vanilla TLD has Command Cursor Minimod. Are there any negative side effects of it being present on Warband? I don't see it appear when I press and hold F1, but i do sometimes see it suddenly appear out of nowhere (i believe i was pressing Backspace).

It's probably not too harmful, but it is extremely easy to remove, ill modify when I have the time. -CppCoder
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:46:38 PM by CppCoder »

Offline ajaytech

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hey guys

So I'm still playing 3.23 TLD on native because it performs a lot better and I really like formations.

Anyways I was just wondering if there's a file I can delete or something to get rid of warg riders. Or at the very least make it so they don't spawn as often. Killing the wargs after killing their rider has become a giant pain in the ass ( I realized that they disappear when you kill the rider in 3.3). So, is there any way/any file I can delete to get rid of them or tone them down? Or maybe something I could do to make them disappear when I kill the rider?

Thanks!