Author Topic: TLD 3.3 FAQ & Ask any other questions here! DON'T START A NEW TOPIC. ASK HERE!  (Read 792425 times)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Before you ask a question, read the FAQ/manual:
http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/TLDManual3.3.pdf
http://synnaskole.sweb.cz/TLDManual3.3.html

And the FAQ answered in this post.

Q: windy_flora error! Halp!
Q: mtarini_snow_technique error! Halp!
Q: font is garbled! Halp!
Q: soldiers cant hit each other! Halp!

A: RTFM and do manual file copying correctly, from TLD/Data folder to respective places in MB folders

Q: Is there a way to change the camera's view when playing as dwarf/orc?
A: No, there is no easy lag/bug free way. So we decided to leave camera as is

Q: I have a Steam version of MnB and don't understand how to install the mod there! Help?
A: Read the third post in this thread for a complete guide: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2465.0.html

edited on March 18, 2010. by Llew
last edited by GA on November 6th 2011

Porting FAQ:

Q: When is the release date?
A: For the 1.011 version it was October 31, 2011. For Warband? February 15th 2014.

Q: Why don't you keep a developer's log/tell the community about progress?
A: Short answer is that it accomplishes little and takes too much time. Time that could be, and is, better spent making real progress on the mod. There's also the fact that people tend to try to construe release dates out of every update we post, which can get old very fast. However, the major factor is that we like to keep things a secret so that it will be a surprise. If we posted everything we do, a lot of the 'springing a big surprise' enjoyment is gone. We want to give you all a pleasant shock.

Q: Will you port to Warband after the 1.011 release?
A: We have.

Q: You've been porting this for over four years, why couldn't you do it faster?
A: The main project creator, Ancientwanker, was porting TLD by himself until April 2009. Even us on the Dev team at the time don't know how far he got, or how close to a release he was. In April, AW vanished without a trace. It took several months for the rest of the team to realize and come to grips with the fact that he wasn't coming back, and then decide to continue on without him. The main reason it is taking so long is because AW was the only one with the original code. We have had to rewrite all of the code one hundred percent from scratch, and over 95% of the graphics have also been completely redone. In essence, we since June we have been making TLD almost completely from scratch. That's what has been taking us so long.

Q: Why are the Devs psychopathic maniacs who hate everyone?
A: Fair question. I know it often seems that we come down hard on people, or are just plain bad tempered, but please try to bear with us. Firstly, we've been at this a long time, and the continual repetition of the same old questions would begin to tell on anyone. Secondly, we all have lives. Some of us are hard up college students, most of us have jobs, and all of us have lives outside the computer. We work on TLD in our spare time, and for enjoyment. That enjoyment can begin to pall when people start demanding things as if they have a right to our time or work. I would say this is largely why TLD development is as hush hush as it is. We're here to have fun, we aren't a corporation. Most of the time it's simply easiest not to say anything, and work at our own sustainable pace
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:56:47 AM by Merlkir »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TLD 3.0 FAQ - Ask your questions!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
*reserved*

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Nameless One

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »
I got a quest to capture 2 enemy prisoners for Lothlorien elves. I tried to knock out 2 orcs but I couldn't take them prisoner when the battle was over. How do I complete this quest?

Orcs cannot be taken prisoner, only humans. I know this makes it a bit more difficult, but elves simply kill orcs on sight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:16:49 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
Hi there

When and how are these cutscenes supposed to be triggered because none have been triggered for me so far.

And another question: How can I tell that the war has started because I have gotten nothing so far :D

Thanks!!!! love the game so far!!!!!

The war starts when you reach a certain level. You will get a message that it's started and the cutscenes will play.

Seif

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Ya sorry about that :P but what exactly is the level required for the war to start and are there any cutscenes before that?

It's between 5 and 15. Go figure. There are no cutscenes before the war starts, afaik.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:30:05 AM by Merlkir »

Offline Yarrum

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »
How close are you guys to reaching the hard-coded item cap?
about 10 free slots left
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 02:05:28 AM by GetAssista »

Offline jedigoon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
the game crashes when its loading and i turned down the textures.....

Deadmeat5150

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »

Did you follow the instruction and load from IronLauncher or copy the game files over?

Offline Roflcopter

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »
Is there a set point when a factions capital can be taken?

Yes. :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:29:36 AM by Merlkir »

Skeeziks

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »
Is there any way to disable the native music? Every time I hear this instead of TLD ones, I'm losing the atmosphere of Middle Earth ;P

For now you can go to MB/Music folder and replace a list of ogg files with something else, preserving the filenames.
List of vanilla music still ingame:

arena_1.ogg, armorer.ogg, bandit_fight.ogg, defeated_by_neutral_2.ogg, defeated_by_neutral_3.ogg, killed_by_swadian.ogg, encounter_hostile_nords.ogg, fight_....ogg, lords_hall_swadian.ogg, lords_hall_khergit.ogg, lords_hall_nord.ogg, lords_hall_rhodok.ogg, mounted_snow_terrain_calm.ogg, neutral_infiltration.ogg, outdoor_beautiful_land.ogg, retreat.ogg, town_nord.ogg, travel_khergit.ogg, travel_neutral.ogg, travel_nord.ogg, travel_rhodok.ogg, travel_vaegir.ogg, travel_neutral.ogg, uncertain_homestead.ogg

If anyone else doesn't like vanilla music in TLD, you could download this mod:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1085

and replace ogg's mentioned above with the ones in MB/music folder. This is ambient soundtrack, so you will hear birds, wind etc instead of native music :) I did it and the feel is really better than with crappy (in my opinion) native soundtrack. Of course the TLD soundtrack will stay untouched and you will still be hearing it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:22:51 AM by Skeeziks »

Offline trueten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38:01 AM »
So it is written that the Player cannot initiate sieges on his own. Then the question is - do I need to put points into my engineering skills, or it'll be simply useless?
If it is completely useless skill, then it'll be good if it was disabled at all.
Good point. We have some ideas for its usage later, but now engeneering is completely useless, yes.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:49:01 AM by GetAssista »

Offline Buzvonlurt

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:55 PM »
Is there any way to disable the native music? Every time I hear this instead of TLD ones, I'm losing the atmosphere of Middle Earth ;P

For now you can go to MB/Music folder and replace a list of ogg files with something else, preserving the filenames.
List of vanilla music still ingame:

arena_1.ogg, armorer.ogg, bandit_fight.ogg, defeated_by_neutral_2.ogg, defeated_by_neutral_3.ogg, killed_by_swadian.ogg, encounter_hostile_nords.ogg, fight_....ogg, lords_hall_swadian.ogg, lords_hall_khergit.ogg, lords_hall_nord.ogg, lords_hall_rhodok.ogg, mounted_snow_terrain_calm.ogg, neutral_infiltration.ogg, outdoor_beautiful_land.ogg, retreat.ogg, town_nord.ogg, travel_khergit.ogg, travel_neutral.ogg, travel_nord.ogg, travel_rhodok.ogg, travel_vaegir.ogg, travel_neutral.ogg, uncertain_homestead.ogg

If anyone else doesn't like vanilla music in TLD, you could download this mod:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1085

and replace ogg's mentioned above with the ones in MB/music folder. This is ambient soundtrack, so you will hear birds, wind etc instead of native music :) I did it and the feel is really better than with crappy (in my opinion) native soundtrack. Of course the TLD soundtrack will stay untouched and you will still be hearing it.

This is very helpful :) I am downloading this and will replace the necessary ones. I have heard talk of a new soundtrack being developed by the same artist who created the TLD tracks for this release. Is this true? I really like the new music.

Offline pagan

• Master
  • TLD Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 05:12:10 PM »
I have heard talk of a new soundtrack being developed by the same artist who created the TLD tracks for this release. Is this true? I really like the new music.

It is True, actually i am at the Studio right this moment working on one of the Gondor tracks. I have set myself a Christmas release, but i am working to have it ready before that time. To give the coderboyz some time working stuff out.

Cheers
Pagan

Offline jedigoon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »

Did you follow the instruction and load from IronLauncher or copy the game files over?

yea pretty much  but the only thing diff is that  i downloaded it from moddb.  and i also used 7-zip file manger to extract the files...
yes i did use iron launcher. and also the words are all blurry........
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:29:37 PM by jedigoon »

Ildanach

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 03:36:12 AM »
When released will the first patch require starting a new game?

We are aming on save-compartible patch this weekend. That is, you would be able to play your previous saves. However, all the patchings for item and troop stats, as well as faction relations and composition of existing parties, will be changed only in a new game, since this info is stored in a savegame.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:41:08 AM by GetAssista »