login

Author Topic: Help Wanted. (Texturer in particular)  (Read 6722 times)

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
Help Wanted. (Texturer in particular)
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »
I would deeply appreciate some experienced help on Darkmod. If you would like to help and have some experience modding in any of the areas of scripting, graphics, or texturing please PM me or post here. Graphics are a particularly large priority right now since I'm really trying to give this mod a unique feel.

I feel I should emphasize again that I am looking for very good to high quality work, I simply don't have time to help beginners start learning how to do things.

If you are interested please let me know and we can figure something specific out.
Ahadhran

Edit: Seems the coding is going pretty smoothly, so I need someone who can texture the most.

Some of the textures I could use:
Vampire race textures
Blessed race textures
Evil and good shield textures
some good and evil armor textures
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 10:22:36 AM by Ahadhran »

itm_shiny_mail_breaker

Re: Help Wanted.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
Geez no replies... I have a bit of experience modeling/texturing with MS3D, and I can do coding -- although some of the stuff that other mods do baffles me completely. Why not post a render of your "standard" of 3D model and I'll let you know if I can help out part-time? (maybe even full time once I manage to shake this sickness and get fencing back on track)

stoned_dude

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »
you're free to nick whatever you want from stoned weaponpack for your mod, and feel free to PM me if you need a specific weapon done
weapons, i'm afraid, is the only thing i'm good at making

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »
you're free to nick whatever you want from stoned weaponpack for your mod, and feel free to PM me if you need a specific weapon done
weapons, i'm afraid, is the only thing i'm good at making

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately weapons are what I'm best at doing too, its the texturing and non weapon models that really eat the time for me.

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 11:41:29 AM »
Though I wasn't the one to ask for it, that was very helpful Nema. I have been avoiding mission templates for far too long... ;)

Ah, it  is nothing. You are always free to ask me for a little help. I saw that you work a lot on grafic, but a little story will be nice to importing. I am not programer, but I checked module sistem a little. Maybe I can help you with some very simply works in code. I don't have much time right now but...

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:02:44 PM »
Thanks Nema, much appreciated. I know what its like to have little time. With college I experience it on a daily basis :lol:.

Offline nema

• Journeyman
  • ... what nema made was outside reality...
    • View Profile
    • Guardians party
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 02:59:22 AM »
I will work a story line in at some point but getting base scripting in is my first priority.

Can you tell me what did you mean with base scripting?

Anyway, if you will have story, quests and events prepared on the paper, I can put this things into your code. It so easy. After exam season we'll maybe have much time for our hobbies. :)

Ebu Deyyus

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 05:51:42 AM »
well if you name what models you are looking for, may be people might get doing them for you-people like me ;)

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »
well if you name what models you are looking for, may be people might get doing them for you-people like me ;)

Do you have some examples of previous work that you have done? Can you texture? Texturing is higher priority right now.

I would open things up to everyone, but the problem with that is if someone voluntarily puts time in, but isn't up to my quality standards I am in the difficult place of refusing their work after the fact. Therefore I would prefer to approve individuals so that no one is wasting their time on my account.

Thanks for showing some interest.

Ebu Deyyus

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »

Offline Ahadhran

• Mysterious Old Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
looks pretty good! Would you be interested in doing some texturing for me? I need some stuff for rangers in the near future. After I finish my last final on Thursday I'll be able to know what I need more specifically.

Thanks for your interest!