Author Topic: Hirluin dies.. Spoiler  (Read 4975 times)

Avenger

Hirluin dies.. Spoiler
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:20:04 PM »
Quest: Defeat Great Host of Gondor and kill or capture Hirluin.

Going back to Mouth of Sauron, I talk to the captured prisoner, Hirluin, trying all options..

1. talking   3. shut up   2. Lets have a bite...

"Ooooo Noooo"
*Got item: Human Meat*
lost prisoner.. I go to Mouth to finish quest, Hirluin killed(eaten) instead of captive... I even bring some human meat..

"Hirluin is now beyond our reach. I couldn't kill or capture him."

Quest failed...

-----

On a side note it's hard playing infantry dunlander for orcs.. even the lesser brigands seem to rape my orcs, orcs also seem to eat a lot more.. Rohan simply walks over them, unless its the very worst troops like youths or esquires..

O well, fun nevertheless, but sadly I lost the quest..

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hirluin dies.. Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:46:32 PM »
Of course you're going to lose the quest, if you eat the person you were supposed to capture XD. You should've loaded the game.

I also find Gondor much, MUCH easier to deal with than Rohan. Those horseman are something to be feared... Generally, outnumbering them by a lot and bunching up in the corner of the map can work, but you tend to still take large casualties.

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »
Quest: Defeat Great Host of Gondor and kill or capture Hirluin.
I suppose you were expected to present a dead body as a proof of his death. Since you've eaten it, there is no proof :)

Dark_Squire

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:20:06 AM »
o-o Thats just like eating a quest item. 0-0

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »
But at least you can be content that you roleplayed an orc properly  :green:
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
I'm a bit curious.  What is the spoiler in this?

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Avenger

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 01:18:49 AM »
well I just discovered the ultimate kill all set-up for Evil. Recruiting a bunch of Black Numeronean Swordsmen and going all foot. Nothing survives those, backed up by a few cave trolls or olog hais.. 50-90 guys can take out armies of 300-500 just by walking through them. My Battle Size is around 300.

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 02:40:52 AM »
That sounds like it costs a LOT of Influence, to me.

Avenger

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:45 AM »
yes I dont have time to roleplay, just edit conversations.txt and make troops recruit cost from f.e. 10 to a negative -90 and you will gain influence. Each to their own. My time is short and even now I travel in Cambodia and sometimes play TLD with my laptop.

Aka when I start a game I can import a level 50 character with 10 in each trait, then recruit a few troops thus gaining massive influence which I use to buy companions and items. Then by Ctrl+T and Ctrl+Click I can jump directly to battles.

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 07:09:54 AM »
yes I dont have time to roleplay, just edit conversations.txt and make troops recruit cost from f.e. 10 to a negative -90 and you will gain influence. Each to their own. My time is short and even now I travel in Cambodia and sometimes play TLD with my laptop.

Aka when I start a game I can import a level 50 character with 10 in each trait, then recruit a few troops thus gaining massive influence which I use to buy companions and items. Then by Ctrl+T and Ctrl+Click I can jump directly to battles.

I have to agree that the battles are one of the most fun aspects of TLD.

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »
I have to agree that the battles are one of the most fun aspects of TLD.
I have to agree that pimping yourself up and teleporting leaves out a whole game of choices of whom to help, where to employ your army, which enemy to concentrate on, and how to hold out against evil onslaught (if you are good)