Author Topic: Bloodpit/Gauntlet RCM  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
Bloodpit/Gauntlet RCM
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:08 AM »
Gah, I'm so frustrated by the Blood Pit/Gauntlet >:( !!

Has anyone beaten this thing with RCM going...? If so, how strong were you (and your guys, if you weren't doing it alone)?
Even using the cheat to kill enemies via cntrlF4, it took a long time to win. Since the enemies get armour, and sometimes even helmets... it's very hard to beat them up quickly enough to not be swarmed (especially with the fast respawn rate), mostly because of those awful shieldmen (gah, how I long for the Kick ability x.x").
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:53:55 AM by Conners »

Dark_Squire

Re: Bloodpit/Gauntlet RCM
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »
Just run around the placey thing. o3o

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:30:07 AM »
So, does that mean forsaking heavy armour for the ability to run, or having a really high Athletics skill?

EDIT: Just realized you can't choose your armour. Since my regular armour was black, and the stuff in the arena was, I assumed you kept the body-piece when you went to fight... seems not. Well, guess I'll need a high athletics skill to get anywhere--or I'll have to ride a warg (my character was going to stay infantry, but then again that sucks in M&B).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:58:17 AM by Conners »

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 02:01:22 AM »
Been somewhat more successful lately. I needed to cheat a bit, still. With about 7 power strike, Athletics, Iron Skin and high proficiency with a two-handed sword, you can do pretty well in the bandit gauntlet.... but the orc pit is really hard (because of their heavier armour).

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:40:29 AM »
The reason it is so hard with companions: Your ****** companions won't do something as simple as "old this position"!! I tell thme to hold, and they're busy running to the other side of the arena where they're picked off one at a time.... If I could get them to a corner to defend themseves, we'd survive more. Glad that this ought to be settled in the new version.