login

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 3230 times)

Ar - Adunakhor

Greetings
« on: October 26, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »
Greetings!

I'm starting this thread to check if anyone is still around to answer a question or two.

I have played Onin No Ran back on .751 and probably on .808 too. Now (probably years later) that I find some more time for endeavors of the kind, I remembered old TLD and Onin No Ran.

The title of the Sub-forum for Onin No Ran still says ''Latest release: v0.6.5 for M&B v.903 on 27/07/2008'' but that seems to be incorrect as the download thread states v0.6.6 for M&B 1.01x b3755 to be the latest one. Still, a relative recent post by Ron states:
Haven't even really got it ported to 1.0x yet ... and Fujiwara is having real life time constraints, so it may be a while.
This confused me a bit but was probably meant to say not all the features of the mod have been ported to 1.011. So in that line of thoughts, what version should I choose to experience a more ''polished'' Onin No Ran mod?

From what I read on this board, Onin No Ran is currently taking its time. When or If work on the mod is resumed, will you still focus on M&B 1.011 and further polish it or move to Warband?

Those would be my two questions...

Many thanks to all of you guys for the great mod!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:07:28 AM by Ar - Adunakhor »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
The port to 1.0x was in Alpha test version ... it was severely incomplete and is not playable.  There are severe programming and graphics glitches.  It was distributed among the developers in that condition, but the agreement was that the port had failed and needed to go back to the drawing board.

The latest working version was for .90x, and that version works relatively well.

As for taking its time, well, Fujiwara (the mod lead and only real programmer) is entangled with Real Life (tm) at the moment.  Without him, we're on hold until he gets back.  He has expressed desire to return to the project, but when that might be is purely speculation.

Ar - Adunakhor

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Thank you for the reply, Ron.

The latest working version was for .90x, and that version works relatively well.

There is no version of Onin no Ran for .903 uploaded on the Repository. Can I find it elsewhere?

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »