Author Topic: OFF TOPIC: The Hobbit films greenlighted, Jackson directing  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Bloid

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
OFF TOPIC: The Hobbit films greenlighted, Jackson directing
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »
*fanfare*

Two films? They're milking that cow. And it's been 10 years... but if the mod still has an audience - and of course it does - the same can only go for the official franchise.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 07:16:13 AM by Bloid »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: OFF TOPIC: The Hobbit films greenlighted, Jackson directing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »
Two films have been known for a long time. I am very glad we finally got a confirmation though, there's been way too much harassing of the filmmakers up to this point.
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Bloid

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
It's probably for the best that Jackson himself is directing them again.

On-topic: Since there are dwarves in the mod now, any plans for a "Five Armies" quick battle? ;)

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:01:51 AM »

On-topic: Since there are dwarves in the mod now, any plans for a "Five Armies" quick battle? ;)

Ya, could happen. Might be fun. Although we don't have eagles made.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
IMO, the eagles are kind of like the splitting of the Red Sea, deus ex machine-esque. Historically the orcs were probably rebelling slaves that the humans, dwarves, and elves subjugated.... Of course, that could just be my ass talking again. Still, good to hear Peter Jackson's back in the game. He may not be married to the lore, but he knows how to make a good film, that's for sure.

Tautalos

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
Historically the orcs were probably rebelling slaves that the humans, dwarves, and elves subjugated....

???

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »

Ya, could happen. Might be fun. Although we don't have eagles made.

Since the text doesn't necessarily explain in detail all of the events after the arrival of the eagles maybe they could be incorporated in a manner as the wraiths were in previous versions.  They could act as "scaring" mechanisms for the orcs.

The battle itself shouldn't be too hard to make in that the battle would use all of the units already made.  Maybe it could be incorporated in a way that you get a choice to join at the beginning (similar to creating your back story).  Then, after the battle is done you get the keep the levels, cash, loot and other things from the battle for your trek throughout the world of TLD.  If you do really well, then maybe you could even keep a title.  Naturally things could also go wrong...causing you to forfeit the benefits of the battle.

Just some ideas out there...

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline octoburn

• The Last Days Beta Tester
  • Picket Fence Cartel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 05:03:57 PM »
I was actually looking forward to seeing Del Toro's aesthetic of Middle-earth. I love his take on fantasy in both Pan's Labyrinth as well as Hellboy II. At least they seem to be carrying over the designs and script he worked on with Jackson and Weta.

I just hope Del Toro's storytelling sensebilities rubbed off on Jackson, rather than vice-versa.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 03:15:22 AM »
I already filmed and uploaded mine.

Since word got out that the two-part "Hobbit" film might leave the island nation of New Zealand, fans have been e-mailing TORn, posting on www.facebook.com/TheOneRingnethttps://uploadyourvideo.box.net/embed/upload.js?token=7tc6881pok4703pyv5mhyahvvmn8ygvx&folder_id=54511957&w=385&h=385&i=&d=1&t=Submit%20File%20to%20uploadyourvideo

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »