Author Topic: Bugs and Balance Issues  (Read 13640 times)

Wood

Re: Bugs and Balance Issues
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 07:52:25 AM »
There is a bug where the wife (Ica? The blonde one anyway) is in the castle as well as in my party. I asked her to join me and then it said my party size was 3 when it was only me and her. Also, I had to tell her to go home twice before she left.

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »
Tuckles,

Thanks for your troop advice. I think what you're describing -- lines of pikes plus ranged-weapon support -- is atmospherically a little too 16th-century, but I might well do it after all -- or at least reduce the number and quality of super-horsemen in late-game battles; I have to agree that they get a little out of hand...

Sorry about the crashes, too...

Exasperation,

I think that could work. I might experiment it when I have the time -- it's a small area of functionality, though I agree that it's a pretty annoying one...

Eother, Tuckles,

I'll experiment further with weapon speeds. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, I'll head in and try to fix Sivaic scouts again. Tier-3 troops probably shouldn't be wearing plate... :)

Wood,

Thanks. This had been mentioned once before, though I forgot to put it on the first page of this thread; it's posted now, and should be a pretty easy fix.

broodwarcd

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
i feel like im asking a stupid question when i ask: are the sieges meant to be without castles or is this just a but or something that hasn't been addressed yet?

Satyr

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 08:57:57 AM »
I don't like allies sieging my captured towns.  >:(

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
The siege problems will be dealt with; I'm planning on a much better system next release, and yes, allied invasion forces will no longer keep charging in against towns that have already been taken. broodwarcd, though, what do you mean by "castle-less"? I do intend the sieges to be matters of taking the city or not -- citadels won't be factored in, and the sieges will be exaggeratedly short and focused on the defeat of armies -- but I'm not sure that that's what you were asking about...

SlightFeelingOfRegret

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 07:26:15 AM »
I do intend the sieges to be matters of taking the city or not -- citadels won't be factored in, and the sieges will be exaggeratedly short and focused on the defeat of armies -- but I'm not sure that that's what you were asking about...

I'd ask about that.

You mean the battles for a city are just like the normal skirmishes but on a larger scale, you don't intend to give the defenders any kind of defensive structure?

Jericho

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 05:38:37 AM »
Strange and a bit annoying, though not a major problem:

Offline ex_ottoyuhr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
Jericho,

That's odd, but I'm pretty sure I know what's causing it -- I have two dried meat items, one of them not marked as food. Why I thought that was a good idea, I don't know... :)

SlightFeelingOfRegret,

If you see this (and I apologize for not posting for so long), by "exaggeratedly short" I meant "taking days instead of years" -- I wrote this very badly. I'm going to make sieges a matter of a sequence of events, one action every six hours -- not a single open-field battle. Sorry...

Servitor

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
I can't play the mod. When I start a new game is crashes when "Launching game".

This is the description of the version I downloaded:
Submitted by: ex_ottoyuhr
Updated On: Sat, Jan-27-2007

Version: 0.2.2
Downloads: 24153
File Size: 7.24 MB
For M&B Version: .808
Home Page: Not Specified

Servitor

Edit: No error is shown. I am just being thrown back to my desktop. I am trying to re-download and reinstall it now. If it works after this, I will let you know.

I just had to reboot my computer!  :o
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 02:45:06 AM by Servitor »

Offline Ron Losey

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »
Yeah ... a lot of things can be fixed with a clean reboot.

LEGENDA

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
When I try to launch this mod there comes error message "get_object failed for : font". What's wrong?

Servitor

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 02:17:04 PM »
I am not 100% sure, but I think:

That I can hire mounted archers without actually paying for them.

I have 19 dennars.
Click on mounted archer.
"Lost 2?? rallen"
And end up with a mounted archer.
I have 0 denars.
Click on mounted archer.
"Lost 2?? rallen"
And end up with a mounted archer.

I can continue with that, until the lord says that he cannot spare me any more troops. The next day they are all gone of course, because you cant really pay them with 0 rallen, but its a bug nonetheless.

Servitor