Author Topic: TLD: Help needed  (Read 36263 times)

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
Just out of curiosity, who is working on what in TLD?  I.e. who is doing what?

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Just out of curiosity, who is working on what in TLD?  I.e. who is doing what?

- Triglav does all kinds of things except coding
- Merlkir does all kinds of things except 3D and coding
- mtarini does all kinds of things, plus more amazing things and OpenBRF
- Kolba and foxyman do all kinds of things, except dunno, maybe drawing too and some 3d
- most of other guys do 3d
-I do posting

Offline Triglav

• Master
  • I'll bite your axe off!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 10:47:34 AM »
-I do posting

And map, coding, scenes, shading and tons of other shit.
"Of course, just by reading this forum you get a geek point. If you post you get a lifetime membership card.
If you contribute to the mod your praises are sung by the lords of dorkistan for an age and a half."
-Ancientwanker

Offline FleshyStarfish

• Guildsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »
-I do posting

And map, coding, scenes, shading and tons of other shit.

Just out of curiosity (I really get curious sometimes!), are you guys still in need of 3D animators?  So, what I mean is people that can handle 3D Max?

Thanks,

FS
hay wud up guys u shud mak a mod about lyk stuff i dunno wut but it wuld b kool lyk mabe gangstas were u start ur gang n fite mofos huh
http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,50345.msg1300951.html#msg130

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
Just out of curiosity (I really get curious sometimes!), are you guys still in need of 3D animators?  So, what I mean is people that can handle 3D Max?
Better say, it would be nice (but not at all crucial for release) to have several ready animations done, mostly for flavor and beauty. All of them for standard human skeleton.
1. Lying/sleeping on back or on side - for camp scenes and prisoners
2. Sitting on the ground doing something with hands like sewing or mending or sharpening, or not doing anything - for camp scenes and prisoners
3. Woman walking - for civilians, vanilla women walk like men in armor, it's hideous
4. Talking, waving your hands - for civilians in town scenes
5. Watching the horizon, turning, with hand above eyes sometimes - for standing guards on walls
6. Walking with shield and weapon in hands, but holding shield steady, not vanilla waving like crazy. And holding spear on a shoulder - for walking guards on walls.

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 08:35:35 AM »
There's always work for an animator. ;) I would love to have some of the Papa Lazarou animations, though he made them for Warband so they'd have to be adapted I guess.

Also, troll animations would be nice.

I think it's no prob to adopt Papa Lazarou package. But it should be adopted in full, because animations are linked. That is, no vanilla anims for a particular weapon class, only Papa ones. GA
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:50:32 AM by GetAssista »
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Lux CC-4361

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »
Is there still need of voice acting? And how much of an issue is hardware quality?

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 04:43:23 AM »
Is there still need of voice acting? And how much of an issue is hardware quality?
Yes, there is. I'll get to you in a couple days. In the meantime can you pm me a sample of your voice recording (random battlecries will do), so I can judge hardware quality and decide where does your voice fit best :)

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:25 AM »
Erm, I was going to send a PM to the lines of this:
Heyas.

Sorry for the long disappearance. I'm often here then gone, then here again, but only for a moment, then back  for a long time, on projects, I'm sorry to say. My health is up and down lately, but I seem to be on the up side.

If you still would accept my work, I'll make an effort to get over my fear of growly voices (I swear, my throat seems to wretch at the anticipation). Unfortunately, it's been a while, so I'm a bit unsure as to where we were and what you need right now. Being Hit, and Hitting sounds?

Thanks DaBlade. And sorry if I caused any trouble :(!

-Conners-

However, it seems that DaBlade is no longer a member of the site? Not sure if he's created a new account, or if he's gone. Either way, if anyone else on the team is happy with my voice-work, and would still accept my entries despite my absence, I would like to help out.

Offline cynan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:28 PM »
Is any help needed on coming up with dialog? I figure you probably already have this base covered but it's something i know I could do for you if it was needed.

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 12:29:49 AM »
Is any help needed on coming up with dialog? I figure you probably already have this base covered but it's something i know I could do for you if it was needed.

Can you write like Tolkien? :)
Here's a quick, yet entertaining test:
- What would a bunch of angry dwarven warriors say to you as a Rhun commander before you meet on the battlefield, and what would be your reply?
- You are asked to engage sizable Isengard forces from a fellow Rohan commander. What would you both say?
- Your Haradrim companion is not happy about your Corsair companion. Why and what would he say?
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
cynan,
you can also think about some flavor strings that faction people will tell you when you ask for news/rumors. Gondor and Rohan are covered, other factions can use additional stuff

Offline cynan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 06:33:01 AM »
MadVader: Interesting challenges! I'm really an amateur writer and have only read about half of Tolkien's middle earth literature.... and almost none of his other stiff except a Beowulf translation.... and it's been ages since I read any of his writing...  but I'll take a crack at it all the same. I'll think about them and reply privately in case you guys decide to use anything I come up with.

GetAssista: that sounds very doable! I'll reply privately with a couple of questions.

tomato

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
Still in need of any modellers?

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »
Still in need of any modellers?
Thanks, but not anymore. We are stuffed with 3D talent like no other mod :)