Author Topic: TLD: Help needed  (Read 36350 times)

William de Beaujeu

Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »

Oroonin

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »
As my own mod seems to be a gonner you're free to  use the place and people names in there, just about everything there is replaced. Bunch of elven and uruk original names as well as sindar/uruk place names found through quite extensive ploughing-through of relevant MERP material. The northmen and dunnish have been named in saxon/scandinavian or gael fashion respectivly. All I can offer, but it's yours.

About the war-cries:
'Our day will come' smells quite much of the IRA these days, wouldn't go there.
The two swedish ones are rather explicitly national-romantic 18/19 century, and would ring heavily of that period to anyone reconizing them. Not used today by anyone you'd like to know on first-name (or any other) basis. 

DaBlade

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Thanks guys. We have Dunlad pretty much covered regarding voices already, but is always good to get some additional info.

Oroonin, thanks for your kind offer.

Offline Khergit Kabob

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »
Sent the first installment of my writing assignment to "GetAssista". I don't actually know if the message "took" or not, so I thought I'd mention it here.

William de Beaujeu

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 12:01:55 AM »
As my own mod seems to be a gonner you're free to  use the place and people names in there, just about everything there is replaced. Bunch of elven and uruk original names as well as sindar/uruk place names found through quite extensive ploughing-through of relevant MERP material. The northmen and dunnish have been named in saxon/scandinavian or gael fashion respectivly. All I can offer, but it's yours.

About the war-cries:
'Our day will come' smells quite much of the IRA these days, wouldn't go there.
The two swedish ones are rather explicitly national-romantic 18/19 century, and would ring heavily of that period to anyone reconizing them. Not used today by anyone you'd like to know on first-name (or any other) basis. 

Oh, thanx for informing me about this.
Those were just some I once read or heard somewhere, and because I was annoyed I learned them by hard. Good to know this info ;).

Offline foxyman

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »
Suggestions for Rohan:
    Charge!~
    For Eorl
    For Methuseld
    Ride forward

Oroonin

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 08:32:01 AM »
np

Also, check with Ron - he made a few weapons, predominantly orc and elven, some of them quite cool.

Kolba

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 01:24:50 AM »
If there is a need for more scripting, I would be happy to write and code several unique quests and perhaps fill the world with unique NPCs. I promised to do that earlier, but then I was quite busy with my mod and RL. Now I'm no longer making SoT, so I am free and ready for work on TLD. I can also do some retexturements of items (colour, pattern change etc.).

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »
When it comes to texture work, do you just need people who can use a template to create object skins for you, or do you need people to actually create the texture template from a model? I can do the former, not the latter.

Offline octoburn

• The Last Days Beta Tester
  • Picket Fence Cartel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
I know I have no problems uv-mapping the stuff I do, as can pretty much anybody else on the team, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

can you provide some of your previous work as examples of your texture work?

Offline Boosh

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
Sure, I made plenty of skins for aircraft in IL-2 Sturmovik. Here are some examples.

The aircraft models have existing templates, I used source material, a few techniques, and historical reference (where necessary) to create these schemes. If you prefer, I have a portfolio I keep here.

You'll be more interested in the Franklin & Marshall portfolio, as they were posters I built from scratch. In games you'll also see a bit of my level design. There are some shots in there from the Fourth Age: TW. I did many of the notification banners for the game and also designed the "Battle of the Plains of Gorgoroth" historical battle, though I don't believe they ever gave me more than a general 'other' credit. The Mount & Blade shots are from a city I was building in edit mode. Age of Empires II shots from a campaign I built years back. Hope you don't mind the large images.

This was an example exhaust temperature gauge :

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:45:09 PM by Boosh »

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
wher is teh warband port i cant find
Seriously, what's the problem with the 1.011 port? Does it have anything to do with the code, and if so, what kind of help you may need?
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline Llew

• TLD dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:14 PM »
Firstly, it's not a port. It's a complete rebuild from the ground up. Everything in TLD has been remade, and craploads more added.

Same with scripts. We had to code everything in from scratch. Items, troops and factions weren't such a big fuss, but we've long since moved into the realm of quests, advanced scripting for the war system, and other such intricacies. There are about a dozen people on the team, working intermittently as life and time allows, but of those there are perhaps 3 skilled enough to work on the war system, and perhaps 3 more who can do quests. All of whom have lives.

To answer your question; if you can build script, or even build quests, then you can be of help. If we had a really dedicated quest maker with a little time on his hands, we could blow through a number of quests in short order. That would be a huge step towards a green light.

Offline MadVader

• Master
  • TLD, ex-PoP coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
Ah, I meant porting .808 code to 1.011. I consider not being able to play TLD on 1.011 or Warband THE issue. Having porting experience (PoP to Warband) I thought there's something I can do to help bring the mod to the unwashed masses quicker.
I've done quests too, but that's small stuff.
The Last Days 3.0 - the ultimate Mount and Blade mod: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 06:38:14 AM »
Heya, MadVader! Awesome work with PoP coding you and Treebeard did, congratulations!

Having porting experience (PoP to Warband) I thought there's something I can do to help bring the mod to the unwashed masses quicker.
I've done quests too, but that's small stuff.
We only discussed porting to WB in the framework of pasting 1.011 code in just to make it run on WB like on 1.011. No discussion of new features or stuff (and WB enables a lot, especially in battlefield experience), We are concentrating on 1.011 release. If you could offer us your coding experience somewhere along the road in the future (I recall you temporarily retired from modding :) ), that would be great