login

Author Topic: TLD: Help needed  (Read 36334 times)

DaBlade

TLD: Help needed
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:06:31 AM »
-With the disappearance of AW, the rest of the team has taken over development of TLD. Even though there are a number of us, help is always welcome. If you've got something you think we might want, send it to one of the devs and we may very well use it.

Current jobs:

-Modelling and Texturing work. Contact one of the Devs: Llew, Dablade, Octoburn, Triglav.

-Voice work. Contact DaBlade.

-LOD makers. Contact a Dev.

Models & Textures needed:

Large scene props or Full scenes:
A cavern system. Various passages and caves that could be pushed together with the edit mode to create various cavern systems. For example: 3 types of long cave passage, 1 short, 2 types of cavern-ish rooms, etc. With the doors modeled like the vanilla dungeon rooms to make it easy to connect them in edit mode. With this we could generate a variety of cave scenes.

New props and scenes stuff needed:
(contact GetAssista for details)

We currently need several props and scenes for the elves, contact one of the devs.

We need all kinds of outdoors scenes on vanilla material. Forest/plain road, river crossing, tended field etc.

Also we need terrain borders with mountains on one side.

Voice Work:
(contact DaBlade for details)

Orcs:

We need different voice sets for Uruks and orcs. Uruks should sound deeper (I can also edit them to sound deeper).

(for orcs and uruks)

- hit sounds
- death sounds
- taunts, short shouts (for when getting close to enemies), no words needed although some could have words

Victory cries (ideas):

- victoryyyyyyyy haha!
- haha, yeeeeaaaah!
- aaaaahahaha!
- all deeeeaaaad, ha ha!
- oooaaaaah!!!
- master will be pleeeaaased!
- + anything you could think of...

Do not mention Sauron or Saruman; we can't have specific Mordor and Isengard voices anymore due to engine limitations, but we can still have different voice sets for orcs and uruks.

Tark
Ghash agh Burzum (I sort of threw this together, it should mean fire and darkness)
Tark-glob  (man-fool)
pushdug (dung-filth)
ska
shai
Other snarls or gibberish.

Death to men
Death

Haradrim:

Inka means North, apparently.  So if you throw that into your foreign-sounding gibberish, it might add some nerdy verisimilitude

This is an old project I've been working on for our MiddleEarth RPG session, but never finished it. It might be of some use ;)

Harad languages:

Harondor: - near Harad would use a modern version of the Harad language. The ancient grammar is simplified and old words are mixed with many words from Quenya (Numenorean influence) and words from the languages of Khand.
Great Harad: - people from Great Harad use a much more archaic version of the language with more complicated grammar and they don't use words from Quenya at all.
Far Harad: - primitive language very loosely related to the great Harad language. Lacks complex abstract terms and has a great amount of adjectives.  

The pronunciation is very different to english. "o" is similar as in "not", "a" as in "ah", "e" as in "let", "i" as ee or in "lip", "u" is similar to "oo" as in "ooze" or "loop". "R" is sharp and strong like a russian "r", "k" is always pronounced as Tolkien's elven "c". (so it's similar to english k, but sharper and clearer. as in "look" maybe.)
- long versions of the vowels described before. "" is "sh" as in "shoe". "j" is not english j (as in "jew", "juice" etc.), but like "i" or "y" in "yew". "h" is usually silent or half-silent. "ch" is not english as in "chemical", but like a russian or hebrew "ch". (can't describe better :/ sorry)

Harad wordsBattle Orders:

sample of Harad writing:  (sorry, it's not exactly calligraphy, I don't have a tablet here)

DwarvesElves generic:Mirkwood:

Thranduil
Eryn Lasgalen
Alta Calenryn
Aure entuluva  (Day will come again.  Hurin cried it as he fought the 70 trolls during Nirnaeth Arnoediad)
Auta i lome' (The night is passing)
Utulie'n aure (The day has come.  this might do better as a victory cry for the elves)
Elbereth  +/ Gilthoniel
Ecthelion
Aiya elenion ancalima (Both Frodo and the elves in the Shire cried this, along with Elbereth)

Rohan:

Forth Eorlingas
Forth Helmingas
Death (debatable)
Theoden and the Mark
Edoras and the Mark
For Theoden
Helm! Helm Hammerhand
Theodred   (Or some variation on vengeance for Theodred or the Isen)

Gondor:

Gondor
Faramir
Boromir
Ecthelion
Minas Tirith
Dol Amroth
Amroth for Gondor
Filthy beast
Leave no orc alive

Does anyone know any Gaelic warcries?  The Dunlendings could use those.  After all, at Helm's Deep Gamling had to translate for the others.

Dunland:

Death to the Forgoil
Death to the Strawheads
Dunland
Our blood, our land.
*Deep angry yells or bellows* -Berserker style.

Easterlings:

Foreign sounding babble, different babble language from the harad. heh.

Dunedain:

Elendil
Elessar
Arnor

If you have any ideas, feel free. And if you have any sounds that would work in any capacity, send a copy to Dablade as he's doing the sound stuff.

EDIT: Voice work updated.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:13:26 AM by DaBlade »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt online Gallery
Re: TLD: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:09:24 AM »
Please:

DO - make awesome models and textures for us and give them ussss, precioussss!

DON't - flash some previous work you did before us, promise to do stuff and after a few encouraging WIPs, disappear. Never to be seen again.

Seriously, people are nice to offer help, but often without any real skill, or without the much needed determination. We'll be quite happy if you do just one thing, but please, do it good and actually remember to send it to us!
Here's my gallery: http://merlkir.deviantart.com/

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 04:53:02 AM »
Like me eh?   ??? Somehow I feel that is directed at me. (To some extent)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:21:16 AM by Kazzan »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:50:50 AM »
Like me eh?   ??? Somehow I feel that is directed at me. (To some extent)

not really. :D I have a lousy memory.

I'm now painting and drawing commissions. I'll paint portraits, pets, girlfriends, favourite characters..you name it. Send me a PM if interested ;)

Offline trueten

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 02:11:26 AM »
A lot more people would hear your request if you'd post it here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5204.msg2944119.html#msg2944119

Hm, I know few talented people who would professionally do the texture work, but they don't know english. And that sucks. But may be with the help of GetAssista...

Oh well, I hope you'll find some decent volunteers.

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 05:21:12 AM »
Ask Barf.  :P He had some nice scene prop rocks that could be of use.

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »

Offline Merlkir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:49:20 AM »
Ask Barf.  :P He had some nice scene prop rocks that could be of use.

Yeahm, I think Barf kinda hates us now which is mostly my fault. So...not a good idea probably.

Offline Abhuva

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »
Hi, i am intrested in the battle-field / landscape scene-ing. I was working on something similar for my own mod (mostly done bridge-battles and some unique battlefields for it). Its the first time for me to work with a team so i have some questions:

Are there any specifications on the maps? Like terrain-type, size of the map, fixed/auto entry points?
And are there things to avoid (lets say i would do a farm-battle place and that doesnt fit in the concept/need of maps).

And finally, how to exchange/upload maps? via e-mail (guess that would be a option cause scene-files arent that big) or mbrepository or any others?

Offline GetAssista

• TLD Dev team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Abhuva, drop me a PM with your e-mail so that I can take a look on the maps you've done. You can upload them somewhere, or I'll give you my e-mail to send me the maps

To your questions:
- Size should not be big, no more than 1/2 of MB size slider, and less than that for maps with heavy flora.
- Prepare for no randomly generated trees for plains/steppes landscapes. They are disabled and will not appear in TLD, even if generated in vanilla. So any trees you need should be placed by hand in Edit mode.
- If you would use buildings or other considerable movement restrictions on maps, you should make AI mesh for them. Flora excluded

No other specifications, build whatever your creativity allows, just try to make maps natural and open-sided, that is, they should play ok with several different starting positions of troops (adds to variety). Except certain ones like mountain pass or bridge (although there are very few of those on MiddleEarth map)

Offline Kazzan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 07:00:56 AM »
Yeahm, I think Barf kinda hates us now which is mostly my fault. So...not a good idea probably.

:) Not a good idea to piss off Modelers.

DaBlade

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 07:19:56 AM »
Barf is working with us right now, we hope to see nice stuff from him soon ;)

Ender910

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
I really wish I or some friends I know could help with some of the voicework, but I'm thinking audio/microphone quality might be an issue...

Offline Conners

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 01:15:23 AM »
@Ender: Perhaps it'd add to the monstrous quality of an orc or troll voice :D? I do wonder what an OK mike costs nowadays, though... Some things that were once terribly expensive are now about 5 to 10 dollars--though this isn't necessarily the case with sound equipment.

I'm wondering about voicing some Gondorians, or elves or something. Orc voices are fun, but it's fun to add to the good guys too.